2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:46 am

ksrjreed wrote:Hope everyone is doing well, just finished 2nd night of VBS and we are having a great time. I am in charge of recreation time and the kids are killing me, they have so much more energy than I do. I will say that I would show more energy if it was a Christmas tree decorating contest, but we are in June and it is hot, no one (except my wife and myself) wants to think about Christmas around here. :smilecc:

Praise to God for your servant heart my Christmas friend. :snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Tomtemor wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k3PY9OmrpM

I never heard of Elf on the Shelf until this year when my cousin kept mentioning it. This is a cute idea. A "summer" check in for Christmas in July!

Oh, its a fave children's book in the USA. And Hallmark shows the animated version during Christmas. There is even an 'action figure'! :D :elfgrin:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Tomtemor wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L7XcjR4JW4

Here is another "Christmas in July" song. Once again, not my usual tastes, but it is peppy. There is another group that I listen to more for Christmas in July than December Christmas. Have to check the name when I get home. Here we go, Take 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWMmIzk4onw

Interesting! Usually I just listen to fave Christmas carols and the children have their own tunes they prefer. Think I'll check out IHeart Radio & you tube myself! THANKS :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Got an email about a job interview next WEdnesday, so my last day of school is Tuesday. And got a call from a recruiter on the way home from school about another possiblity. He will submit my CV to the company and see what they say. It almost feels like Christmas!

Wonderful news Jennifer! Adding these appointments to the prayer circle in the spirit of a Christmas miracle! Please keep us posted. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:18 pm

As a huge Tolkien, and Peter Jackson fan, yesterday felt a bit like Christmas with the new release of a promo video for the 2nd Hobbit movie! :D :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:19 pm

:lol: A friend said she read a bit about a movie being released this Christmas from a story in the news last year. My search has not turned up the name or date......I'll post it when I find more information. Love new Christmas flicks! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:46 pm

Here you go Tomtemor - the Elf on a Shelf!! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:18 pm

Good evening everyone, had another great night of VBS and while playing games with the kids tonight in the heat I had a thought about Christmas décor for the outside of my house (these things come to me at all hours of the day). I am planning a big Christmas display this year. As most of you know, my oldest will be a senior this year so this could very well be her last Christmas in the house. I am planning on going completely Clark Griswold this year, with probably the same amount of success. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday and I will talk later. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:11 am

ksrjreed wrote:Good evening everyone, had another great night of VBS and while playing games with the kids tonight in the heat I had a thought about Christmas décor for the outside of my house (these things come to me at all hours of the day). I am planning a big Christmas display this year. As most of you know, my oldest will be a senior this year so this could very well be her last Christmas in the house. I am planning on going completely Clark Griswold this year, with probably the same amount of success. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday and I will talk later. :smilecc:

Great news, ksrjreed, about your VBS experience! :D

Doing it Griswold style is a wonderful way to make your child's last Christmas at hojme a splendid one! And just know, most of us on this board plan all year long too! Be sure to take lots of pictures to share with us after Christmas!

Have a great Wednesday too! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:12 am

ksrjreed wrote:Good evening everyone, had another great night of VBS and while playing games with the kids tonight in the heat I had a thought about Christmas décor for the outside of my house (these things come to me at all hours of the day). I am planning a big Christmas display this year. As most of you know, my oldest will be a senior this year so this could very well be her last Christmas in the house. I am planning on going completely Clark Griswold this year, with probably the same amount of success. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday and I will talk later. :smilecc:

'
sounds like its going to be a great Christmas! :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:13 am

Noel+ wrote:Image

Here you go Tomtemor - the Elf on a Shelf!! :snowwow:

Too christmas cute! My mother had two "pixies" she used to put up at christmas, we named them Holly and Noelle. She was ahead of her time! Now I have to look for the animated special. :elf:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:07 am

Here's the Amazon page for the dvd [scroll down] and the figures of our Christmas Elf on a Shelf! :D :D

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=elf+on+the+shelf

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:52 am

Good morning everyone, thanks for all the info on the Christmas elf, I looked everywhere last year and target was always sold out. Getting ready to leave the house for another day of work, VBS as well as working on getting my weight down. Hope everyone has a great Thursday and will talk later.

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:57 am

ksrjreed wrote:Good morning everyone, thanks for all the info on the Christmas elf, I looked everywhere last year and target was always sold out. Getting ready to leave the house for another day of work, VBS as well as working on getting my weight down. Hope everyone has a great Thursday and will talk later.

I hope you had a great day my Christmas friend. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Had to come home early from work, hard hitting storms came through and knocked out power. It was not fun having no power and two children on the autism spectrum, thankfully the power came back on a few minutes ago. It's an early Christmas miracle.

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:02 pm

So glad you & family are safe from the storms. Praying the power stays on. Most of all that the children are not afraid. Maybe you can sing Christmas carols.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:00 pm

All visitors arrived safe and sound . Geetting ready for trip to Athens and graduation . Lots of goodie bags been brought for me and a christmas dvd love it !!! Praying and blessings to you all xxxxx
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:57 pm

tinseltown wrote:All visitors arrived safe and sound . Geetting ready for trip to Athens and graduation . Lots of goodie bags been brought for me and a christmas dvd love it !!! Praying and blessings to you all xxxxx

That is so wonderful Tinseltown! Please enjoy every moment - you deserve this Christmas joy!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:59 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Had to come home early from work, hard hitting storms came through and knocked out power. It was not fun having no power and two children on the autism spectrum, thankfully the power came back on a few minutes ago. It's an early Christmas miracle.

So glad that your family is safe from the storms. We watched some of this on the weather channel and it looked very nasty. The only good thing about a power outage is burning candles. I break out the Christmas candles every time. :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:02 pm

tinseltown wrote:All visitors arrived safe and sound . Geetting ready for trip to Athens and graduation . Lots of goodie bags been brought for me and a christmas dvd love it !!! Praying and blessings to you all xxxxx

Sounds like you are having a wonderful early Christmas! Enjoy every minute! :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter