2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby tinseltown » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:12 pm

Praying Tomtemor for your hubby .Graduation was lovely , so proud of my little girl :smilecc: Visited the Acroplis and museum which was amazing but it was so hot !!!! Saw a christmas stall in the flea market and bought 2 cds with christmas songs :smilecc: Blessings x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby jlcarey » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:00 pm

Hello, all! Here it is, June again, and Christmas fever has set in! Hubby mentioned us having a couples getaway and sent a link to a groupon for a resort in Vermont. So of course, my brain goes crazy thinking of celebrating our December 11th anniversary somewhere in a (hopefully) snowy Vermont that is all decked out for Christmas. I'm picturing cozying up in front of a fireplace, a horse drawn sleigh ride, skiing and just watching some snow fall amidst beautiful Christmas decorated trees and rooms. Sounds like a wonderland to me! Time to play some Christmas tunes. :whistle:
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:45 pm

jlcarey wrote:Hello, all! Here it is, June again, and Christmas fever has set in! Hubby mentioned us having a couples getaway and sent a link to a groupon for a resort in Vermont. So of course, my brain goes crazy thinking of celebrating our December 11th anniversary somewhere in a (hopefully) snowy Vermont that is all decked out for Christmas. I'm picturing cozying up in front of a fireplace, a horse drawn sleigh ride, skiing and just watching some snow fall amidst beautiful Christmas decorated trees and rooms. Sounds like a wonderland to me! Time to play some Christmas tunes. :whistle:

Uh oh. Here I go again. I am green with envy. Christmas green that is.
That sounds like a dream vacation to me. I told my wife last year, that some day we would spend some time in Vermont during the Christmas season.
Can't wait to hear about your December adventure.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:10 pm

tinseltown wrote:Praying Tomtemor for your hubby .Graduation was lovely , so proud of my little girl :smilecc: Visited the Acroplis and museum which was amazing but it was so hot !!!! Saw a christmas stall in the flea market and bought 2 cds with christmas songs :smilecc: Blessings x

I'm so thrilled for you Tinseltown!! And how nice to see the Acropolis [just one dream of mine] and Christmas stalls! YAY! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:12 pm

jlcarey wrote:Hello, all! Here it is, June again, and Christmas fever has set in! Hubby mentioned us having a couples getaway and sent a link to a groupon for a resort in Vermont. So of course, my brain goes crazy thinking of celebrating our December 11th anniversary somewhere in a (hopefully) snowy Vermont that is all decked out for Christmas. I'm picturing cozying up in front of a fireplace, a horse drawn sleigh ride, skiing and just watching some snow fall amidst beautiful Christmas decorated trees and rooms. Sounds like a wonderland to me! Time to play some Christmas tunes. :whistle:

jlcarey its so nice to have you posting with us again! Your hubby has some great plans for a snowy Christmas in Vermont! Just love your vision of a snowy landscape, glowing fire, Christmas carols and decorations! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:30 pm

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby jlcarey » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:16 am

Well thanks Noel and Christmas Crazy, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to be this year that we will manage that...maybe next....I'm just dreaming over here. My poor hubby, all he did was mention a Groupon that he saw, and I just took off with it! I don't think he was specifically thinking of an anniversary celebration, just a weekend getaway sometime. I think he probably thinks it would be seriously stressful to try to take any length of a vacation in the middle of December. He did say that he thought that would be a really nice getaway, though, just don't think we'll afford it this year, maybe next though. We have setup a Christmas savings account to do all of our Christmas shopping with to help make the holidays much less stressful worrying about buying gifts AND trying to pay bills. We are having $20 a week automatically deposited into it, so that by Christmas shopping time, we should have around $1,000 to shop with! Which is more than we have EVER spent in one year, so that will be great! So maybe next year, we will be better prepared and can save for our getaway too, another way to make a getaway less stressful at that time of year! Anyway, my brain is off and running with Christmas-y thoughts now!! Sorry I always disappear for the first 5 or 6 months of the year, but I'm always so glad to come back once my thoughts turn back to Christmas. My poor scatterbrain just never quite makes it to thinking of the boards here when Christmas is not on my mind... lol So glad to be back around!!

Your fairweather (season) :lol: friend,
jlcarey
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:38 am

We're all so glad you're back jlcarey. And your Christmas spirit is right up there with ours. :shop:

The Christmas savings account is VERY WISE. Kudos to you and your husband.
Several people here have also started Christmas savings accounts this year.
My wife and I have had one for 20+ years. It makes life much simpler.
:D

Maybe we need to start a slogan.
Someday... Christmas in Vermont!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:59 pm

Start shopping Christmas will be here in ....

6 months, 5 days, 7 hours and 39 minutes

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:09 pm

We think of you jlcarey as MORE than a 'fair season' friend! This forum is for all Christmas lovers. Some of us, like me!, never stop thinking about Christmas. Some of our friends stop by around Thanksgiving through New Year's. What matters is that we have a heart for Christmas and each other. We're delighted you are here now! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:38 pm

Hello, been a crazy couple of days around here that's why I haven't been able to post lately. Just came back from Wednesday night church services and once again it was amazing, I love being youth director and tonight was the best night yet. I was able to finally to get my group to open up about themselves and what how they feel about themselves, their family, and life in general. Mentioned our Christmas in July event and everyone is truly excited about it, and no, I don't feel any pressure to make it succeed now,,,,,,okay, maybe a little. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:20 am

ksrjreed wrote:Hello, been a crazy couple of days around here that's why I haven't been able to post lately. Just came back from Wednesday night church services and once again it was amazing, I love being youth director and tonight was the best night yet. I was able to finally to get my group to open up about themselves and what how they feel about themselves, their family, and life in general. Mentioned our Christmas in July event and everyone is truly excited about it, and no, I don't feel any pressure to make it succeed now,,,,,,okay, maybe a little. :smilecc:

Your faithfulness & transparency led these children to trust you & open up to you. That's no minor task ksrjreed! PTL! And I'm so glad they are excited about your Christmas in July event too! :D :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:23 am

I needed a little fresh Christmas spirit tonight, so I searched YouTube and found these Polar Express gems: ENJOY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ19mW-TMRk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULYr919_QaA

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:51 am

ksrjreed wrote:Hello, been a crazy couple of days around here that's why I haven't been able to post lately. Just came back from Wednesday night church services and once again it was amazing, I love being youth director and tonight was the best night yet. I was able to finally to get my group to open up about themselves and what how they feel about themselves, their family, and life in general. Mentioned our Christmas in July event and everyone is truly excited about it, and no, I don't feel any pressure to make it succeed now,,,,,,okay, maybe a little. :smilecc:

What are your plans for Christmas in July? At my former job we had a Christmas in July VBS once but it never took off with the youth, except those that helped in VBS. I am sure it would be great fun, wish I was a youth again.............well, maybe not. :think:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:58 am

Well, we are day 2 in a bus strike and the owners (a Chinese company) has responded by locking out all employees (service personnel) even though it is the drivers who are striking. I think this will get really ugly. Someone forgot to tell the Swedes that one does not mess wtih the Chinese........Hubby wants to go to the local "Homestead" (think Little House on the Praire tv set). I am not enthused. It is like putting all of stockholm on a sound set. But, next to Christmas, Midsummer is the next biggest holiday in Sweden and hard to deny hubby when we are not sure how much he will be able to get out after he starts treatment.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:08 am

Tomtemor wrote:Well, we are day 2 in a bus strike and the owners (a Chinese company) has responded by locking out all employees (service personnel) even though it is the drivers who are striking. I think this will get really ugly. Someone forgot to tell the Swedes that one does not mess wtih the Chinese........Hubby wants to go to the local "Homestead" (think Little House on the Praire tv set). I am not enthused. It is like putting all of stockholm on a sound set. But, next to Christmas, Midsummer is the next biggest holiday in Sweden and hard to deny hubby when we are not sure how much he will be able to get out after he starts treatment.

The information about the "homestead" is very interesting. And, like you, I couldn't deny my DH if we might move this year. You have a good wife's heart Tomtemor!

China is buying up too many companies in America for my taste too. They bought Smithfield's this year! :x I'll have to go back to Costco for my spiral hams!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:29 am

QVC's Christmas in July schedule on July 20 and 21!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:30 am

Some thoughts to keep Christmas in our hearts all year long!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:18 am

http://sollentunahembygd.se/?page_id=26

that is the website for the "homestead" for those that are interested. And here is a Christmas/midsummer crossover for you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d97ynmLGHyk
It is a spring/summer song called "Small Frogs" usually sung at Midsummer with a pic of a Christmas tree. I have no idea why. The kids (and some adults) play sort of leap frog to this tune around the midsummer pole. We did the food shopping today and you would have thought it was Christmas eve, the stores were SO crowded. I forgot to buy the typical thursday night pea soup and pancakes, so we will have leftovers and cook for the picnic tomorrow.

Glad Midsommar! One more holiday closer to Christmas in July!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:45 am

Noel+ wrote:QVC's Christmas in July schedule on July 20 and 21!!

Yay! Let the Christmas shopping begin.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter