2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Sorry about the video.
We went to the homestead and it was a very nice day. We got there an hour and a half ahead of time and had the place to ourselves for awhile. Just us and the volunteers setting up. It was a nice time to see the buildings. One thing about Swedes, they have this thing about arriving "on the dot", so the concept of going to an event "early" grates against the cultural grain. We picked a spot on the hill and spent a relaxing time having a picnic. We stayed to watch the midsummer pole being raised and then packed up and left about the same time we arrived last year. Unfortunately, the sound system malfunctioned, or we would have stayed a bit longer to enjoy the folk music, but overall it was a very good day. Almost as fun as Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:43 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

Oh, such a cute Christmas smiley. Why don't you email to Mrs. Claus and maybe she will add it to our smilies?! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:44 am

So glad you enjoyed the homestead, minus audio problems, and enjoyed a nice picnic. They're always fun in good weather.It is high praise to give it 'almost as fun as Christmas' rating! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:53 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jF0mFTsXYM

A nice version of Silver & Gold to warm your Christmas hearts! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:05 am

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:31 am

Good Saturday morning my Christmas friends! Tis the season for interviews. If one is looking for a job in a school, they are quickly trying to hire so they can be set up for August before their summer (July) vacations. So, I have another interview on Thursday with a school for a half time job. Of the three I am currently up for, this is the least desirable, but would be a good replacement for my lost unemployment pay (up in September). Hubby has started his "poison" treatment and we pray for strength and minimal side affects. Hope everyone has a great weekend! On to Christmas in July!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:18 am

Hi Jennifer,

Praying for your DH's treatment, minimal side effects & complete healing. With you at his side, and his faith, he will do well.

Congrats! on your 3 job possibilities. Openings quickly close here too -- too many unemployed and too few jobs. So if God has 3 possible doors open for you that is a good sign!

Hope your weekend is a good one. Are you watching any Christmas movies, videos or listening to carols?

Counting down to Christmas in July............ :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:21 am

Noel+ wrote:Hi Jennifer,

Praying for your DH's treatment, minimal side effects & complete healing. With you at his side, and his faith, he will do well.

Congrats! on your 3 job possibilities. Openings quickly close here too -- too many unemployed and too few jobs. So if God has 3 possible doors open for you that is a good sign!

Hope your weekend is a good one. Are you watching any Christmas movies, videos or listening to carols?

Counting down to Christmas in July............ :smilecc:

After looking at the third job opportunity, it is not in a good area at all, not sure if the Stockholm riots made the international news there. This particular area was not mentioned, but it is of the same caliber. So, aside form being only half time, it is definitely not our first choice, but God is in control. It would definitely be something if unemployment runs out. No, we save Christmas viewing for Christmas in July, then it is even more special for having waited. AND, I keep forgetting to mention there are a number of OTR Family Theater episodes on iTunes and many are Christmas episodes! One was called "Christmas in July" but in reality was either misnamed or just something they aired in July in the past. It was interesting though as it starred Shirly Temple. I did not realize she did radio.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:55 am

Thanks for clarifying the part-time job possibility. It helps in prayer as I am certain God wants you safe!

Well, when you have children you see Christmas shows/movies over and over again. Their little minds cannot wait an entire year -- or even 6 months for Christmas in July. :lol: :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:42 am

Noel+ wrote:Image

That is a great Christmas blessing. You filled my heart with gladness. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:52 am

Noel+ wrote:Thanks for clarifying the part-time job possibility. It helps in prayer as I am certain God wants you safe!

Well, when you have children you see Christmas shows/movies over and over again. Their little minds cannot wait an entire year -- or even 6 months for Christmas in July. :lol: :lol:

We watch them many times through the year but when June rolls around, we stop for a bit to build up the excitement to Christmas in July. By the time we get to Texas, there will be 5 grandkids in the family plus my brother´s stepchild, so we can have the experience of being "pseudo" parents every now and then. Here is a link to a rasising of the Midsummer Pole at the outdoor museum. I hope this one plays. I do not know how to tell ahead of time if they play outside of Sweden/Europe. Midsummer is often treated as a little Christmas because families do not often travel long distances in the winter weather so they exchange "christmas" gifts at Midsummer. :shop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9DbHPBNn-8
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:02 pm

Merry Christmas Sunday to all my CAY friends! I'm having a very quiet day, resting up from last night, and just wishing for some rain. How is your Sunday? :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:51 pm

Happy Savior Sunday Noel.
We had a great service this morning and I got a short nap this afternoon.
:shop:

Tonight, a good friend of mine is bring ordained as a minister, so my wife and I will be attending that service. And of course there will be a big supper afterwards. Love that good southern cooking.
:D

Merry Christmas Sunday!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:46 am

6 MONTHS TILL CHRISTMAS EVE!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:53 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:6 MONTHS TILL CHRISTMAS EVE!!!

Happy St. John´s Day and Merry Monday Christmas!

My interview today unfortunately felt like a "token" interview it was not friendly at all even though I have worked for these people before. But, we shall see. On to the next one Friday. Praying I get 1 of the three I interview for.........the weather was very warm today, a bit too much like a San Antonio Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:10 pm

Tomtemor wrote:

Happy St. John´s Day and Merry Monday Christmas!

My interview today unfortunately felt like a "token" interview it was not friendly at all even though I have worked for these people before. But, we shall see. On to the next one Friday. Praying I get 1 of the three I interview for.........the weather was very warm today, a bit too much like a San Antonio Christmas.

Merry Monday Christmas!!!
Still praying for Gods will to be revealed to you both and new jobs.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Happy Savior Sunday Noel.
We had a great service this morning and I got a short nap this afternoon.
:shop:

Tonight, a good friend of mine is bring ordained as a minister, so my wife and I will be attending that service. And of course there will be a big supper afterwards. Love that good southern cooking.
:D

Merry Christmas Sunday!!!

That's a blessed Sunday Christmas Crazy! Good for you!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Doin my Christmas Dance! :carolbells:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:45 pm

Good Monday to all my fellow CAYer's, it is always a good day with Christmas in your heart. Just got back from work and now on to the heat of the outdoors and some yard work. The better half and myself have begun talking about Christmas shopping and our annual debate of going into the stores or shopping online (I prefer online, but the I always give my wife what she wants). Hope everyone has a blessed week as we get one week closer to Santa coming to town. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:41 pm

It's an interesting Christmas debate isn't it? I prefer online but my DH does both types of shopping. I definitely prefer picking up gifts all year long -- better selection!

Congrats! on braving the heat to do yard work! Just think in a few months you'll have beautiful snow! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter