2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:42 am

Wishing all my CAY friends a delightful Tuesday thinking about Christmas!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:58 am

Happy Tuesday my Christmas friends! After being out at the univ yesterday where the dandelion snow flows freely, my head is like a fish bowl. I expect to see gold fish float by my eyeballs any minute now. I am thinking to do morning chores and then go back to bed and watch White Christmas....hoping I am better by thursday´s interview.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:40 am

Tomtemor wrote:Happy Tuesday my Christmas friends! After being out at the univ yesterday where the dandelion snow flows freely, my head is like a fish bowl. I expect to see gold fish float by my eyeballs any minute now. I am thinking to do morning chores and then go back to bed and watch White Christmas....hoping I am better by thursday´s interview.

Oh Jennifer hoping you are healthy by tomorrow! You are in my prayers. Enjoy White Christmas it great medicine for the soul. :lol:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:14 am

Noel+ wrote:It's an interesting Christmas debate isn't it? I prefer online but my DH does both types of shopping. I definitely prefer picking up gifts all year long -- better selection!

Congrats! on braving the heat to do yard work! Just think in a few months you'll have beautiful snow! :D

I absolutely love Christmas shopping in the stores. Especially the mall. Love it, love it, love it.
There's just something about being in a crowd I love. I don't even have to shop. I could just sit on a bench and watch people and enjoy the atmosphere all day.
Let's go shopping!!!

:shop:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:21 am

Noel+ wrote:It's an interesting Christmas debate isn't it? I prefer online but my DH does both types of shopping. I definitely prefer picking up gifts all year long -- better selection!

Congrats! on braving the heat to do yard work! Just think in a few months you'll have beautiful snow! :D

I like the Christmas shopping atmosphere early in the month but try to go out less and less as the month goes on. Even before the current economic crises, I became the family rebel and started baking for my gifts as the family kept expanding and they refused to draw names. I prefer shopping online better in general, except for the size thing, as I am not a "browzer" by nature. I would rather know what I want and make a straight line for it. I do watch QVC and HSN but just for entertainment. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:24 am

Tomtemor wrote:Happy Tuesday my Christmas friends! After being out at the univ yesterday where the dandelion snow flows freely, my head is like a fish bowl. I expect to see gold fish float by my eyeballs any minute now. I am thinking to do morning chores and then go back to bed and watch White Christmas....hoping I am better by thursday´s interview.

Enjoy White Christmas and I hope you feel better soon.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:14 am

6 Months Till Christmas!!!
ImageImageImageImage
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:18 pm

Noel, I pray that we have snow, was kind of low on the snow totals last winter. I am truly hopeful for a white Christmas this year. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Came home from work and helped the Mrs. finish up house work so we can have some free time this evening. We are planning on sitting in the house and watching some Christmas movies, maybe if we see snow we will at least feel a little bit cooler. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:14 pm

H did a little thrift store shopping today. I bought a really nice straw wreath. I'm going to redecorate it with Fall colored ribbon and little pumpkins and gourds. I also bought 2 Christmas with Southern Living recipe/craft books. The look brand new! :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:

I absolutely love Christmas shopping in the stores. Especially the mall. Love it, love it, love it.
There's just something about being in a crowd I love. I don't even have to shop. I could just sit on a bench and watch people and enjoy the atmosphere all day.
Let's go shopping!!!

:shop:

Well I like browsing decorated malls & stores and watching other shoppers stand in long lines! :lol: Seriously I need the Christmas charm, too.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:26 pm

Tomtemor wrote:

I like the Christmas shopping atmosphere early in the month but try to go out less and less as the month goes on. Even before the current economic crises, I became the family rebel and started baking for my gifts as the family kept expanding and they refused to draw names. I prefer shopping online better in general, except for the size thing, as I am not a "browzer" by nature. I would rather know what I want and make a straight line for it. I do watch QVC and HSN but just for entertainment. :snowwow:

Yes, and the decorations/carols on QVC is mood elevating. And sometimes they have great buys you can't find in a store. However we shop it makes Christmas brighter! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:27 pm

ksrjreed wrote:

Noel, I pray that we have snow, was kind of low on the snow totals last winter. I am truly hopeful for a white Christmas this year. :smilecc:

Here's to a White Christmas all across our country! With a drought over a large percentage of the country it would be a blessing to nature too! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:28 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Came home from work and helped the Mrs. finish up house work so we can have some free time this evening. We are planning on sitting in the house and watching some Christmas movies, maybe if we see snow we will at least feel a little bit cooler. :smilecc:

Ah, what a great "Mr" you are ksrjreed! We women love our men helping us out to give us more couples time. And, all I get to see is movies/pics of snowy days and it does make you feel cooler.........and closer to Christmas! ENJOY! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:30 pm

CandyKane wrote:H did a little thrift store shopping today. I bought a really nice straw wreath. I'm going to redecorate it with Fall colored ribbon and little pumpkins and gourds. I also bought 2 Christmas with Southern Living recipe/craft books. The look brand new! :elfgrin:

Hi CK! I love plain wreaths that you can decorate for each season -- that's a winner! And Fall ribbons, pumpkins & gourds are perfect for that season! Enjoy your reading your Christmas books and be inspired! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:21 am

ksrjreed wrote:Came home from work and helped the Mrs. finish up house work so we can have some free time this evening. We are planning on sitting in the house and watching some Christmas movies, maybe if we see snow we will at least feel a little bit cooler. :smilecc:

Hubby said it was time to watch Snowmageddon (one of the many disaster movies that came out this year) since it is supposed to be hot and muggy. He is not ready for Christmas movies yet. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:57 am

Noel+ wrote:
ksrjreed wrote:

Here's to a White Christmas all across our country! With a drought over a large percentage of the country it would be a blessing to nature too! :snowwow:

Yes, I would love a White Christmas too. :snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:59 am

Greetings Christmas friends! Tomorrow´s interview was postponed by the school until Monday. That could be good as it will allow me more time to get well and possibly hear from the other two interviews. I only pray the bus strike is over by then. Hubby is at his volunteer job today so I do not know at this time if he can drive me or not. Still praying for that Christmas miracle!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:00 am

CandyKane wrote:H did a little thrift store shopping today. I bought a really nice straw wreath. I'm going to redecorate it with Fall colored ribbon and little pumpkins and gourds. I also bought 2 Christmas with Southern Living recipe/craft books. The look brand new! :elfgrin:

We love bargain shopping too. And the fall decorations will start going up in a couple of months.
Then the Christmas decorations a few months past that.
:D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:04 am

Tomtemor wrote:Greetings Christmas friends! Tomorrow´s interview was postponed by the school until Monday. That could be good as it will allow me more time to get well and possibly hear from the other two interviews. I only pray the bus strike is over by then. Hubby is at his volunteer job today so I do not know at this time if he can drive me or not. Still praying for that Christmas miracle!

Praying for your Christmas miracle too Jennifer.
Hope you feel better real soon.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter