2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:21 am

ksrjreed wrote:Came home from work and helped the Mrs. finish up house work so we can have some free time this evening. We are planning on sitting in the house and watching some Christmas movies, maybe if we see snow we will at least feel a little bit cooler. :smilecc:

You da man ksrjreed!
Many marriages would start to change if more men could figure out what you already know.
Kudos to you my Christmas friend.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:22 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
ksrjreed wrote:Came home from work and helped the Mrs. finish up house work so we can have some free time this evening. We are planning on sitting in the house and watching some Christmas movies, maybe if we see snow we will at least feel a little bit cooler. :smilecc:

You da man ksrjreed!
Many marriages would start to change if more men could figure out what you already know.
Kudos to you my Christmas friend.

A hearty christmas amen!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:24 am

wow, Christmas wonders never cease. I just got a call from the Irish Embassy! I applied for a job several months ago and they now say they have two parental leaves coming up in August and September and there is a good chance the job could become permanent. I hope to have an interview next Tuesday. I am almost speechless.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:16 am

Tomtemor wrote:wow, Christmas wonders never cease. I just got a call from the Irish Embassy! I applied for a job several months ago and they now say they have two parental leaves coming up in August and September and there is a good chance the job could become permanent. I hope to have an interview next Tuesday. I am almost speechless.

Woohoo!!!
Christmas Joy!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:00 am

Praise God for all those Christmas prayers! I got a job! It is the one I interviewed for on Monday at my first department at the university. It is for 6 months to start. I do not know if it has the possiblity of becoming permanent. I will learn more next week. I start Monday and will work 1 week, and then be off until August. The country shuts down for vacation during July. The salary is amazing though the job is part time and Hubby can take it easy during his chemo. If he gets a job, fine, if not, we will be able to eat and pay bills. My parents of course wanted to know how this affects our immigration, at this time I do not know. If the job becomes permanent we will stay.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:42 am

We are having the most amazing summer! So many fun activities. Last night we went to a pool party. Got a busy morning, but hoping to get in some more pool time this afternoon. Enjoying every minute because back to school time will be here before we know it. And Christmas won't be far behind. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:29 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Praise God for all those Christmas prayers! I got a job! It is the one I interviewed for on Monday at my first department at the university. It is for 6 months to start. I do not know if it has the possiblity of becoming permanent. I will learn more next week. I start Monday and will work 1 week, and then be off until August. The country shuts down for vacation during July. The salary is amazing though the job is part time and Hubby can take it easy during his chemo. If he gets a job, fine, if not, we will be able to eat and pay bills. My parents of course wanted to know how this affects our immigration, at this time I do not know. If the job becomes permanent we will stay.

A big Christmas Woohoo again!!!
God is good.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:33 pm

CandyKane wrote:We are having the most amazing summer! So many fun activities. Last night we went to a pool party. Got a busy morning, but hoping to get in some more pool time this afternoon. Enjoying every minute because back to school time will be here before we know it. And Christmas won't be far behind. :smilecc:

I'm so glad you're having a great summer. Enjoy the pool!
My wife (teacher) and daughter start back to school 5 weeks from tomorrow (Aug 1).
But that will be 5 weeks closer to Christmas!
:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:36 pm

Jennifer, I like your Texas Christmas bell avatar.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi Cay friends , so busy at the moment but have Christmas in my heart :smilecc: So glad Jennifer that your christmas prayer was answered and will pray for hubby . Blessings to you all :smilecc: :snowwow:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:36 pm

What a day! We went to the Summer Reading Program, got my vehicle serviced, stopped by the farmers market for cherry tomatoes (ours aren't ripe yet), then did a little swimming in the pool until it literally got too hot for the pool. 8-)

Just wondering..... :think: does anyone use place cards at their Christmas dinner table? I don't but I found the cutest craft for some. You glue and glitter plastic deer then use the antlers to hold the place card. You could even put them in a little saucer covered in white sparkle glitter to look like snow. :flake: :rudolph1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:10 am

Tomtemor wrote:wow, Christmas wonders never cease. I just got a call from the Irish Embassy! I applied for a job several months ago and they now say they have two parental leaves coming up in August and September and there is a good chance the job could become permanent. I hope to have an interview next Tuesday. I am almost speechless.

PTL - your Christmas miracle!!! :shop: :shop: I know its part-time, but God is working!! You've made my entire day/night Jennifer! :D :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:11 am

Tomtemor wrote:Praise God for all those Christmas prayers! I got a job! It is the one I interviewed for on Monday at my first department at the university. It is for 6 months to start. I do not know if it has the possiblity of becoming permanent. I will learn more next week. I start Monday and will work 1 week, and then be off until August. The country shuts down for vacation during July. The salary is amazing though the job is part time and Hubby can take it easy during his chemo. If he gets a job, fine, if not, we will be able to eat and pay bills. My parents of course wanted to know how this affects our immigration, at this time I do not know. If the job becomes permanent we will stay.

Christmas Joy & Miracles!!!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:12 am

tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay friends , so busy at the moment but have Christmas in my heart :smilecc: So glad Jennifer that your christmas prayer was answered and will pray for hubby . Blessings to you all :smilecc: :snowwow:

Christmas blessings to you tinseltown!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:13 am

CandyKane wrote:What a day! We went to the Summer Reading Program, got my vehicle serviced, stopped by the farmers market for cherry tomatoes (ours aren't ripe yet), then did a little swimming in the pool until it literally got too hot for the pool. 8-)

Just wondering..... :think: does anyone use place cards at their Christmas dinner table? I don't but I found the cutest craft for some. You glue and glitter plastic deer then use the antlers to hold the place card. You could even put them in a little saucer covered in white sparkle glitter to look like snow. :flake: :rudolph1:

What a beautiful summer filled with Christmas joy! Yes, I use place cards - always handmade - at our dinner table for Christmas! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:14 am

Sorry I've been a little MIA this week. Working to maintain my Christmas spirit despite some negative dental news/bills today. July is a month of one appointment after enough. That's what I get for skipping my last cleaning, I guess?!Ho Ho HO 8-)

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:35 am

June 25: 181 Days til Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:42 am

Up way too early but it's gonna be another scorcher and I wanted to get a jump start on my garden. Got my veggies picked and just finished watering. As soon as dd wakes up we are off to Dad's to repeat the process. Hope all my Christmas friends have a blessed day! :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:45 am

You touch my heart, CK, when you & DD go to your Dad's house to help him out. Have a Merry Christmas gardening day! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:46 am

Well, just like yesterday, I get to be out in the afternoon heat of 117F for a dental appointment. I'm not sure which is more uncomfortable? The dental work [ouch!] or the blistering heat. Focusing on Christmas past for snow cooler chilly thoughts! :snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter