2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Greetings Christmas friends! While we still rejoice in my job which I start on Monday, hubby got a blow to the ego today. He will not be getting an extension at two of his schools. Physically, this could be good as it allows him time to concentrate on resting and getting well during his chemo. Mentally, it is always depressing to be rejected by those you have given your heart and soul to. Praying that God in His infinite wisdom will heal my beautiful husband and provide a job in His timing. With my job and hubby´s unemployment, we will be ok. It seems that just when we start planning a future, that part of the rug is pulled out from under us and we are reminded that we are to live day to day in His grace. Helping us to Remember that the God of Christmas is in charge all year long.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:03 pm

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Holi ... s?pmcode=##keycode##

These are Swedish Christmas Crackers! given a 4th of July twist. Perfect for Christmas in July!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Greetings Christmas friends! While we still rejoice in my job which I start on Monday, hubby got a blow to the ego today. He will not be getting an extension at two of his schools. Physically, this could be good as it allows him time to concentrate on resting and getting well during his chemo. Mentally, it is always depressing to be rejected by those you have given your heart and soul to. Praying that God in His infinite wisdom will heal my beautiful husband and provide a job in His timing. With my job and hubby´s unemployment, we will be ok. It seems that just when we start planning a future, that part of the rug is pulled out from under us and we are reminded that we are to live day to day in His grace. Helping us to Remember that the God of Christmas is in charge all year long.

Jennifer when circumstances conflict I remind myself that when God says 'no' for now it means He has something better for me in the future. And we're praying for your DH's healing......when he's healthy finding a new job will be easy. Without his health, he has only pain and difficulty.

Believing with you both that God will make a way where there is now as He performs a healing Christmas miracle! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:10 pm

Tomtemor wrote:http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Holiday---Celebration-Recipes/July-4th-Recipes/July-4th-Crafts?pmcode=##keycode##

These are Swedish Christmas Crackers! given a 4th of July twist. Perfect for Christmas in July!

I enjoyed The Taste of Home page with fresh ideas to celebrate July 4th. THANKS! Another holiday to enjoy on our countdown to Christmas! :shop:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:28 am

Once again,Christmas wonders never cease. Even after turning them down, the Irish Embassy called back and asked if Perky was interested..............I had asked them off handedly at the end if they needed an IT tech. He has an interview next Tuesday at 10:30! When he told me what kind of money they are offering, I was sorry I turned them down but having worked in this department before at the univ I know it is as excellent a place to work in Sweden as one can find, and I have worked for 3 years to get back. I can only believe that God is in control and that the right position came through first.

Hope all my Christmas friends are having an equally exciting Merry Friday Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:49 am

Tomtemor wrote:Once again,Christmas wonders never cease. Even after turning them down, the Irish Embassy called back and asked if Perky was interested..............I had asked them off handedly at the end if they needed an IT tech. He has an interview next Tuesday at 10:30! When he told me what kind of money they are offering, I was sorry I turned them down but having worked in this department before at the univ I know it is as excellent a place to work in Sweden as one can find, and I have worked for 3 years to get back. I can only believe that God is in control and that the right position came through first.

Hope all my Christmas friends are having an equally exciting Merry Friday Christmas!

AWESOME NEWS!!!! Praise God for his faithfulness!!! Celebrating with you & your sweet DH! You've made my Friday Jennifer! :carolbells: :rockettes: :carolbells:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:04 pm

I have a three tier glass cake stand that I use every holiday season for cookies, candies, and nuts. I have even used it to display ornaments. While looking through a craft book this morning I found a new use for it. Decorating it with tiny houses and figures and fake snow to make a mini village! The shape makes it look like a Christmas tree. This is gonna make an amazing table centerpiece. :gbhouse:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:25 am

CandyKane wrote:I have a three tier glass cake stand that I use every holiday season for cookies, candies, and nuts. I have even used it to display ornaments. While looking through a craft book this morning I found a new use for it. Decorating it with tiny houses and figures and fake snow to make a mini village! The shape makes it look like a Christmas tree. This is gonna make an amazing table centerpiece. :gbhouse:

Yes, I saw something on QVC a couple of years ago during Christmas in July. Valerie Parr Hill had a tired cake stand with scallped edges that you could wrap different colored ribbons [for holidays] through. Just love your idea of the fake snow and village sets -- it will have true Christmas glow! Have a great weekend! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:27 am

Here in the southwest it feels like a volcano erupted and Christmas thoughts are hard to hold. Yesterday it was 116F and this weekend they're expecting 119-122F! I despite this hot scalding weather! SO...........looking at pictures of snow, winter and Christmas to lift my spirits. The A/C is on 86 during the day and 84 tonight and it is melting! Wherever you are have a COOL weekend! 8-)

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:17 am

Woke up to a flooded house from foundation pipe break. Will go yo motel after reaching a plummer & Serv Pro arrive. May be off line for quite a few days. Your prayers are coveted.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:44 am

Noel+ wrote:Woke up to a flooded house from foundation pipe break. Will go yo motel after reaching a plummer & Serv Pro arrive. May be off line for quite a few days. Your prayers are coveted.

Oh Noel! I am so sorry to hear this! Prayers for a quick fix for your water problems. And praying that insurance will cover your expenses. Hoping you can find a great hotel. I've been watching the record high temps on the weather channel. I know your heat is drier than ours, but these temps are insane. Stay cool Christmas friend. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:48 am

Up way too early for a Saturday morning but I have so much to do today. I finally got all my vbs supplies ordered. I just love the little rubber duckies from Oriental Trading so I had to get them for handouts. I ordered lots of stuff and if I have too much I'll just save them and give them out for Halloween at church. Been thinking alot about Halloween and Christmas the last few days. I'm starting to get really excited! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:11 am

UPDATE:

Well, after the ServPro set up dehumidifiers, fans and took up all the wet carpet/padding my A/C went out. It was 119F yesterday and 116F where I live. I stayed at the house but not without getting sick several times. Today the ServPro people return......praying they remove the heat generating dehumidifiers!

We lots 19 brave firefighters in the Prescott area fire. Just heartsickening!! Their families are stunned as they were a very experienced crew. The soaring temperatures,. hot wind and southwestern fires [spreads from top of trees, not ground cover as in the midwest/east/south] gave them no time/room to move quickly.

I will try to update every couple of days........week if possible. Once the drywall crew comes in everything in the house must be stored on the patio/porch so no electrical available.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:11 am

We lots 19 brave firefighters in the Prescott area fire. Just heartsickening!! Their families are stunned as they were a very experienced crew. The soaring temperatures,. hot wind and southwestern fires [spreads from top of trees, not ground cover as in the midwest/east/south] gave them no time/room to move quickly.
:cry: :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:10 am

This is the first news story we heard this morning and it is beyond sad. Prayers for all! Praying for relief from this heat for you! I am so sorry about your house flooding problems and now your a/c probs. Please take care of yourself and your health. Sending Christmas Wishes your way! :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:28 am

Noel+ wrote:We lots 19 brave firefighters in the Prescott area fire. Just heartsickening!! Their families are stunned as they were a very experienced crew. The soaring temperatures,. hot wind and southwestern fires [spreads from top of trees, not ground cover as in the midwest/east/south] gave them no time/room to move quickly.
:cry: :cry:

I just saw this in the news. Those poor families and community. Sending Christmas size prayers for all those affected.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:30 am

CandyKane wrote:Up way too early for a Saturday morning but I have so much to do today. I finally got all my vbs supplies ordered. I just love the little rubber duckies from Oriental Trading so I had to get them for handouts. I ordered lots of stuff and if I have too much I'll just save them and give them out for Halloween at church. Been thinking alot about Halloween and Christmas the last few days. I'm starting to get really excited! :smilecc:

I'm getting excited too CK. I can't wait to go to Hobby Lobby to see what new things they have put on the shelves for Fall and Christmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:38 am

Lightning struck around our house several times during a storm Friday afternoon. It fried our modem. So we have been without internet at home. The repairman comes tonight to fix it ($$$ New modem for Christmas in July $$$). My neighbor lost all of his electronics (TV's, radios, clocks, etc.) The lightning blew several small holes through one of his exterior walls.
Hopefully we will be back online tonight.
:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:02 am

Noel+ wrote:UPDATE:

Well, after the ServPro set up dehumidifiers, fans and took up all the wet carpet/padding my A/C went out. It was 119F yesterday and 116F where I live. I stayed at the house but not without getting sick several times. Today the ServPro people return......praying they remove the heat generating dehumidifiers!

I will try to update every couple of days........week if possible. Once the drywall crew comes in everything in the house must be stored on the patio/porch so no electrical available.

Noel, I am praying for a quick turn around for the repairs on your house my Christmas friend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter