2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:02 pm

jlcarey wrote:I'm so excited today! I got my Lakeside Collection Christmas 2013 Catalog today!! Yay! Also, just had DD's birthday party this weekend, so my house is pretty clean right now. I also reorganized my whole craft area before the party, so I can actually sit down and do some quilting and scrapbooking without feeling stressed about finding stuff! I am also working on putting back some freezer meals, when I grocery shopped this week, I bought double for each meal so each meal I can make one freezer meal too! This is going to help so much with school getting ready to start. Tonight, I will be taking a huge batch of spotted peaches and peeling, cutting and freezing them, and making some zucchini bread and zucchini relish with all of the giant zucchini I have from my garden. This will all be while the hubs is out front pouring a new sidewalk in front of our house. Gonna be a busy night! But I'm so excited that I feel like I have a good plan to keep up on the housework and dinners/lunches, etc. What's nice is that my boss is letting me change my hours to 6:30-2:30 so I will get off in time to pick the kids up from school!! Woot! They are going to LOVE having that extra time with Mom! Also, the weather is going to be fantastic! It's upper 80's here today, but after today, cooler fall temps are moving in and we'll mostly be in the 70's which will be SO great!! I will be working on clearing out my gardens outside and having some fires! The pool will be taken down, and pretty mums will start blooming soon! Love it!! :peekleaves2: (Sorry for all the rambling! My thoughts are all scattered because I'm so excited!) :smilecc:

I also received my Christmas catalog late last week. I've only thumbed through to page 200. I'll try to finish tonight, then thumb back through and mark some pages.

Now that football has started, I'm ready for some fall temps too.
:cheer:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby jlcarey » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:07 pm

I also received my Christmas catalog late last week. I've only thumbed through to page 200. I'll try to finish tonight, then thumb back through and mark some pages.

Now that football has started, I'm ready for some fall temps too.
:cheer:

Ha, I am up to like page 140...just a quick browsing through after my lunch break...I had to suck it up and put it down and do some work, though. Hopefully tonight after the kids are in bed and the housework is done, I can sit and leisurely page through it...I have already seen some SUPER cute Christmas decorations...like the little tea light things with the spinning decoration on the inside...I think those were on the front cover of yours...my front cover has the painted mason jars with the light in them... :whistle:
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:01 am

Wonderful plans jlcarey! With both of us working now, we were just talking about making something huge on the weekend like lasagna that we can divide up and freeze for those nights we are too tired or late to cook. It is still a bit too warm to turn on the oven, but in a few weeks that could work. Hubby went off to work dressed like a kid for his first day of school. He went from a jeans and t shirt IT tech to a General Administrative Clerk at the Irish Embassy. He has to wear coat and tie. He spent 26 years in the military, but said he has not had to dress up since then. He said he was very nervous. Like a kid on Christmas morning.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:30 am

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm still dreaming of a white Christmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:30 am

http://costlygrace.blogspot.se/2013/08/ ... ugust.html

I do not know if this is a true story but it follows very closely the plot of a movie called Silent Night with Linda Hamilton which is a marvelous Christmas movie with serious overtones (not for the kiddies).
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:27 pm

Who's ready for Fall?
:leafjump:

I sure am.
I want some cooler weather so I can go into the attic and start taking inventory of the Christmas decorations.
I may need to repair or buy some new ones.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:06 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Who's ready for Fall?
:leafjump:

I sure am.
I want some cooler weather so I can go into the attic and start taking inventory of the Christmas decorations.
I may need to repair or buy some new ones.

I thought we might be going into fall, but I think late summer temps are back. At least hopefully the horrible part of the summer is over. As always, the problem with Swedish buildings is that they hold the heat, so it might be September before the university cools off. Now that we both work, I am hoping to do some once a month cooking for lunches, but for that we need the oven. Come on Fall! One more season closer to Christmas! :peekleaves2: :cheer:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:10 am

More on the weather, we were going to have our Lundgren Familj Kräftskiva (Crayfish party) this weekend. OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if anyone lives near an Ikea, they are having their swedish crayfish party on Friday night. It was $9.99 for adults in Texas, not sure if that is the same price in all the US. You can be a Swede for a night!

anyway, we were going to have our celebration this weekend, but it is supposed to rain Saturday and Sunday. It might have to be a "kitchen party" instead. Next weekend is Christmas in August! One of my favorite "on the way" to Christmas movies is Autumn in New York. Being from Texas, I did not see much "fall" growing up and there is even a Christmas scene.

And a day for rambling too..........I started watching Christmas Lodge last night. The part I saw was cute.

And last but not least, does anyone know of any Christmas movies set in or around Yellowstone? Hubby wants to drop my Korean Christmas in AUgust theme and Yellowstone actually HAS a Christmas in August.

Happy Christmas Wednesday!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Pretjah » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:16 am

high of 73 here in NJ today.

felt great riding the motorcycle to work this morning!

definitelly feels like fall but i know the temps will turn back soon.

I had a meeting at church last night came home and my wife had some candles burning, sugar cookie scented...and the one that crackles like a fire place...felt like christmas time
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:05 pm

Just finished watching Christmas Lodge.......that was a great movie. Unfortunately, probably too much fo a "chick flick" for hubby though he does like November Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Merry Wassail Wednesday Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:32 pm

http://trib.com/special-section/health- ... ca257.html

Interesting read on Christmas in Wyoming. I find it interesting how Christmas dinner varies even within the US. Part of my Christmas in August change of themes. I have seen bison here but not sure how often. We might have to go with a cowboy christmas bean chili if I do not get my last unemploymetn check by friday. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:01 pm

Good afternoon my Christmas friends!
Today's high temp is supposed to be 85. But tomorrow's high is supposed to be around 75. That is very cool for this time of year here in Georgia. But I'll take it. It will seem like Fall. Too bad the temperatures will return to normal early next week.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:59 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx0EKFCVtNs

a clip from a movie called It Nearly Wasn´t Christmas. Looks cute. I have never seen it. I would like the see the whole thing. :-(
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby jlcarey » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:24 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx0EKFCVtNs

a clip from a movie called It Nearly Wasn´t Christmas. Looks cute. I have never seen it. I would like the see the whole thing. :-(

This is one of my FAVORITE Christmas movies!! Such a cute movie!! You should definitely see the whole thing! :rudolph1:
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:02 am

Merry Friday Christmas! If hubby makes it through today he will have survived his first week of work and I will have survived my first full week though if I hear one more time "But that is not what Chris (my predecessor) and I decided"..........I may go stark raving mad.........maybe Santa can use another toy maker at the NOrth Pole........
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:48 pm

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:02 pm

Listening to Christmas music on Pandora while doing the laundry today.
Tomorrow, we take Dillon to GA Tech. Michelle has been taking it hard already with one gone. Now both will be gone and she will probably lose it again on the way home.
But that's OK, I'll be there for her. Wish us luck!

:D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:51 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Listening to Christmas music on Pandora while doing the laundry today.
Tomorrow, we take Dillon to GA Tech. Michelle has been taking it hard already with one gone. Now both will be gone and she will probably lose it again on the way home.
But that's OK, I'll be there for her. Wish us luck!

:D

You are such a great husband, Christmas Crazy. I never had children, but I hear once you get to this stage (I am 48, so my friends kids are now heading off to college) you get used to the freedom and then it feels weird when they are home. Never fear, they will be home for Christmas. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:05 pm

That's too funny my Christmas friend. I'm 48 also. Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter