2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:07 pm

jlcarey wrote:
ksrjreed wrote:We have had some great summer weather here in my part of southern Ohio, by next weekend summer makes a return but the weather man says it will be short lived and the cooler air will be back (hooray).

I had no idea you are in southern Ohio ksjreed! I am too! Southwest Ohio that is! You sound just like me! I can't WAIT for the end of this summer weather! We were LOVING the cool temps early last week! It makes me SO excited for Christmas! I want to go to Costco SO BAD because I JUST KNOW they are getting out their Christmas stuff! Yay!

Gotta love the Buckeye state. My step-father is from Rockford, OH.
He's not a Christmas nut like me, but he's a super great guy.
:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:31 pm

tough day. I will be so glad when the term is up and running. Wishing all my Christmas friends a good night.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:tough day. I will be so glad when the term is up and running. Wishing all my Christmas friends a good night.

Good night my Christmas friend. And have a blessed day tomorrow! :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Pretjah » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:48 am

well my co-worker is getting in the christmas mood she started the office count down to christmas on the dry erase board we keep by the shared work space. i drew some christmas lights around it for a decoration.

i thought i'd share a christmas tattoo idea i sketched up that i might get...i'm gonna tweak it a bit before i get it inked in the future.
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:06 pm

Hello Christmas Friends!!!
I've had a very busy week so far and it ain't looking any better as the end of it comes near.
But, I got to listen to some Christmas music today and that makes everything ALRIGHT.
:D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:30 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hello Christmas Friends!!!
I've had a very busy week so far and it ain't looking any better as the end of it comes near.
But, I got to listen to some Christmas music today and that makes everything ALRIGHT.

Busy week here too. I will be glad when the semester is up and running and all students and professors are in their places. I know I will like my job, but starting a new job is always like being paradropped behind enemy lines at first. You do not know what you should know and everyone assumes you know as much or more as the previous person. Christmas OTR on the way home is such a treat.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:44 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Have had a very busy day today, was out trying to get businesses to take out ads in our band competition program and this has been very hard this year. My younger daughter has been wanting to watch a Christmas movie with me so bad that I told her tomorrow night we will watch. Hope everyone has had a great Thursday and an even better Friday. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:13 am

Merry Friday Christmas! Busy day, busy week, busy month. For those of you with kids at university, say a prayer for their admins. Teachers are important, but admins make the world go round. They cannot teach if we do not book them rooms.......... ;-)
The problem is that it turns out this job is as much janitor, it tech, and phone tech as admin and only 75%. I can be a janitor, I am not proud, but it is tough to be all. Got some money in, so we can have a nice Christmas in August dinner. Hubby has yet to decide, I think he will want something we cook in the oven. It is starting to get tolerable enough to run it now. 46F this morning when we got up! Come on Fall! Only 2 days till Christmas in August! Woohoo!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:19 am

cheering myself with some christmas tunes on Live365!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:31 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEMCeymW1Ow

a facebook friend from Malaysia posted this on my facebook feed. Come on Fall! One season closer to Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:09 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

I agree Jolly! College and University admins are important. Especially this time of year. I've had to make several calls to my boy's colleges, and the admins there were great. They definitely make the wheels go round.
:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:14 am

ksrjreed wrote:Have had a very busy day today, was out trying to get businesses to take out ads in our band competition program and this has been very hard this year. My younger daughter has been wanting to watch a Christmas movie with me so bad that I told her tomorrow night we will watch. Hope everyone has had a great Thursday and an even better Friday. :smilecc:

I ordered this Christmas DVD on Amazon and it arrived in the mail yesterday. When my 17 year old daughter saw it, she squealed and said she couldn't wait to watch it. Gotta love them girls!!! :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:59 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
ksrjreed wrote:Have had a very busy day today, was out trying to get businesses to take out ads in our band competition program and this has been very hard this year. My younger daughter has been wanting to watch a Christmas movie with me so bad that I told her tomorrow night we will watch. Hope everyone has had a great Thursday and an even better Friday. :smilecc:

I ordered this Christmas DVD on Amazon and it arrived in the mail yesterday. When my 17 year old daughter saw it, she squealed and said she couldn't wait to watch it. Gotta love them girls!!! :D

I was just thinking I do not believe we have enough time to watch a Christmas movie this weekend, but I think we could manage a 30 minute cartoon. That would be perfect! :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:03 am

http://archive.org/details/OfSermon8-19morn

For those that enjoy listening to sermons. This one is from a worship service at the Old Faithful Inn for Christmas of August, not sure of what year.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:06 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby jlcarey » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:06 am

Ha, you reminded me of this. My hubby and I have an account where we have a queue of movies that we buy regularly...mostly older ones that we just like and have never owned. We both add to the queue and they ship whatever is available. So in the last two weeks, I have gotten Elf, Santa Clause, and Santa Clause 2; and now on the way, I have Santa Clause 3 (not crazy about this one, but gotta have the whole set), A Christmas Story (love it!!) and Arthur Christmas (have you guys seen this yet???? SO cute! I took my daughter to see it in theatre.)! He also takes all of the movies we get and rips them to our server and we use a program called Plex to stream them to our tv's/phones/tablets, and you can also "pin" them to any of your devices, where it basically condenses and copies it to your device so you can watch it even without a data connection. Which means, I can pin ALL of my Christmas movies (and Harry Potter movies, not gonna lie) to my phone and "watch" (really more just listen to) them while I'm at work all day!! It's awesome!
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:11 am

jlcarey wrote:Ha, you reminded me of this. My hubby and I have an account where we have a queue of movies that we buy regularly...mostly older ones that we just like and have never owned. We both add to the queue and they ship whatever is available. So in the last two weeks, I have gotten Elf, Santa Clause, and Santa Clause 2; and now on the way, I have Santa Clause 3 (not crazy about this one, but gotta have the whole set), A Christmas Story (love it!!) and Arthur Christmas (have you guys seen this yet???? SO cute! I took my daughter to see it in theatre.)! He also takes all of the movies we get and rips them to our server and we use a program called Plex to stream them to our tv's/phones/tablets, and you can also "pin" them to any of your devices, where it basically condenses and copies it to your device so you can watch it even without a data connection. Which means, I can pin ALL of my Christmas movies (and Harry Potter movies, not gonna lie) to my phone and "watch" (really more just listen to) them while I'm at work all day!! It's awesome!

You've got me very curious now. I'll have to check out Plex.
If it works out for me and my server, then I know what I'll be doing on my long Christmas break. Ripping movies! Thanks for the info jlcarey.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:15 am

That service sounds really interesting jlcarey. If we lived in the US, I could be interested in that. We upload our movies as well, but I have an old mp4 that will only hold two at a time. Which is fine, because I like to change them out. I have purchased White Christmas on iTunes though so I always have it on the Ipod. Will have to spend two nights away from hubby and my Zoe cat next week for a work conference. No Christmas fun, but I am hoping to sneak away from the "party" part of it and watch either Autumn in New York or Sweet November (1968, NOT the horrible remake ), two of my favorite "on the way to Christmas" movies.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby jlcarey » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:30 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:You've got me very curious now. I'll have to check out Plex.
If it works out for me and my server, then I know what I'll be doing on my long Christmas break. Ripping movies! Thanks for the info jlcarey.

You won't regret it! Plex is amazing! This is the name of the software he uses to rip them: 4Videosoft blueray to mp4 converter...and the Plex app does cost a couple of dollars for your device to use it to stream, but to be able to actually "pin" them to your device along with a few other perks, you have to be a PlexPass member...I'm not sure exactly the cost of that, my hubby would know, but I'm gonna say for a lifetime thing, I think it's $75 or so...or like $30 a year...something like that...totally worth it for us! We have it on all of our devices (only had to pay the one lifetime fee, then the app for PlexPass is free on all of your devices)...anyway...I am LOVING it for my Christmas and HP movies anytime anywhere! Definitely worth it!
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter