2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby jlcarey » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:35 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:That service sounds really interesting jlcarey. If we lived in the US, I could be interested in that. We upload our movies as well, but I have an old mp4 that will only hold two at a time.

Not sure about the capacity of your MP4...but when I "Pin" the movies to my Google Nexus 4, it condenses them WAY down! You can choose the quality when you "pin", and I always choose Low Quality. At Low Quality on my phone, it looks just like it would look at high quality on my 60" TV. And the size of the file is usually anywhere from 250MB to 500MB...Lord Of The Rings movies are probably a bit bigger than that but I don't have any pinned at the moment so not sure...but most of my Christmas-y movies are around 300MB...
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:29 am

Hello Christmas friends! How I've missed all of you & CAY!!

My house was completed yesterday so I moved back in home. There is paint curing on doors/cabinets/trim; grout curing in baths/kitchen-dining area; and 100 boxes to unpack!

I love my house now!!!! The green color scheme is restful, relaxing, and reminds me of Indiana. The wood floors are absolutely stunning! I am so very blessed! Thank you for all your prayers!

Today my nephew John came over to set-up my modem/rooter/phone/computer! He had a stressful busy day and took his lunch hour to help me! He's a kind guy!

So, starting tomorrow I'll check in daily when I need time to rest from unpacking boxes!

MERRY CHRISTMAS FRIDAY!!!!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:46 am

Welcome back Noel! I am so sorry for the disaster but glad you are happy with the results. You are just in time for Christmas in August! The Merry Christmas sign is hung by the door and I am about to cut and marinate some beef. Hubby decided that Asian was okay after all, so I am trying to make bulgogi, something I loved in San Antonio, but have not attempted here. We watched Santa and the Three Bears on Youtube over breakfast and will have french toast made with frozen christmas bread tomorrow for breakfast if I can manage to get it out of the freezer. I ordered a combined christmas in august and anniversary present yesterday. WE both got paid and I have been wanting a black hills silver anniversary ring for a while. Hubby said I could have it for our 5th anniversary, but we were both unemployed at that time. So this is my one big splurge for getting a job. Our original wedding rings are black hills gold and my "engagement" ring was sterling silver black hills design. so we are on a roll here. My original engagement ring is just silver leaves in the black hills design, no color. But the anniversary ring is basic silver with 2 colored leaves on each side and 3 czs in the middle. I ordered it from Sears International as I could not find a black hills dealer willing to ship to Sweden. I can´t wait! Merry Christmas in August and welcome back, again, Noel!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:34 pm

Welcome back Image !
We've missed you Christmas friend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:54 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Welcome back Noel! I am so sorry for the disaster but glad you are happy with the results. You are just in time for Christmas in August! The Merry Christmas sign is hung by the door and I am about to cut and marinate some beef. Hubby decided that Asian was okay after all, so I am trying to make bulgogi, something I loved in San Antonio, but have not attempted here. We watched Santa and the Three Bears on Youtube over breakfast and will have french toast made with frozen christmas bread tomorrow for breakfast if I can manage to get it out of the freezer. I ordered a combined christmas in august and anniversary present yesterday. WE both got paid and I have been wanting a black hills silver anniversary ring for a while. Hubby said I could have it for our 5th anniversary, but we were both unemployed at that time. So this is my one big splurge for getting a job. Our original wedding rings are black hills gold and my "engagement" ring was sterling silver black hills design. so we are on a roll here. My original engagement ring is just silver leaves in the black hills design, no color. But the anniversary ring is basic silver with 2 colored leaves on each side and 3 czs in the middle. I ordered it from Sears International as I could not find a black hills dealer willing to ship to Sweden. I can´t wait! Merry Christmas in August and welcome back, again, Noel!

Thanks for the warm welcome back Jolly! And Merry Christmasin August to you too. Just can't believe next weekend is Labor Day. After that time flies til Christmas! :smilecc:

Congrats! on your wedding anniversary ring. I love Black Hills Gold! Mine ring & earrings are silver with the green/rose gold leaves. I've had mine for 15 years and got them from QVC. Your anniversary rings sound gorgeous and will look beautiful with your wedding set. CZs give you added sparkle! :D

As I don't have a tv now, I watch youtube for my Christmas fix. And tonight I'm watching classic movie/tv songs! I think I'll start with White Christmas!

Have a glorious weekend Jolly! :shop:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Welcome back Image !
We've missed you Christmas friend.

Thanks, Christmas Crazy! It was unpleasant not being able to chat with my CAY friends and have a little Christmas everyday! Thank goodness for Youtube!

Wishing you snowflake dreams! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:09 pm

1946 posts!!!! Go team!! :shop: :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:32 pm

28 Days til Autumn!! :leafjump:
95 Days til Thanksgiving!! :thanks:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:14 am

Merry Christmas in August! The coffee is making and I am about to make french toast with cinnamon bread, something we only have in the stores at Christmas. I froze a loaf for Christmas in July but then forgot about it. Hubby´s last Christmas beer is in the fridge and the marinating meat looks marvelous. :dinner:

Hubby is lucky in that I actually LIKE cz´s. They give more sparkle. I have short stubby fingers and after several tries with costume sets have finally decided I really only have room for one ring. So, the annivesary ring will either be worn on the left hand as my wedding ring, or on the right with the silver leaf ring on the left. Fortunately in Europe there traditions for wearing your "wedding ring" on either hand so it does not really matter. I also like to either wear all gold or all silver with my outfits. So, I told hubby he is off the hook until our 10th anniversary when I want the gold cz Black hills ring. I had not thought of earrings....hm....that could make a nice Christmas gift in the future. :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:16 am

Merry Christmas in August!
Have a super fantastic day!!!
:snowjump:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:06 am

http://www.allchristmasmovies.com/hallm ... -movies/2/

Holy Mackeral Batman! Hang on to your pocketbooks! So many christmas movies, so little time..........
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:30 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HoVwv_Qeo4

This was an amazing Christmas movie.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:39 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpJKFHwGlEM

In case you think I made it up.......
You have to forgive their bad spelling, but you get the idea. Christmas in August in Yellowstone is now on my bucket list! My avatar is the Southern Baptist Women´s Missionary Union´s Christmas in August logo which is a collection for North American Missionaries and their ministries. That is the Christmas in August I grew up with. :-)
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:38 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.allchristmasmovies.com/hallmark-christmas-movies/2/

Holy Mackeral Batman! Hang on to your pocketbooks! So many christmas movies, so little time..........

So true! First, I need a tv before October! :think:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HoVwv_Qeo4

This was an amazing Christmas movie.

Yes. Did you know Julie Harris passed away today? :roll:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:40 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpJKFHwGlEM

In case you think I made it up.......
You have to forgive their bad spelling, but you get the idea. Christmas in August in Yellowstone is now on my bucket list! My avatar is the Southern Baptist Women´s Missionary Union´s Christmas in August logo which is a collection for North American Missionaries and their ministries. That is the Christmas in August I grew up with. :-)

Thanks. Very interesting........... :D :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Christmas in August! The coffee is making and I am about to make french toast with cinnamon bread, something we only have in the stores at Christmas. I froze a loaf for Christmas in July but then forgot about it. Hubby´s last Christmas beer is in the fridge and the marinating meat looks marvelous. :dinner:

Hubby is lucky in that I actually LIKE cz´s. They give more sparkle. I have short stubby fingers and after several tries with costume sets have finally decided I really only have room for one ring. So, the annivesary ring will either be worn on the left hand as my wedding ring, or on the right with the silver leaf ring on the left. Fortunately in Europe there traditions for wearing your "wedding ring" on either hand so it does not really matter. I also like to either wear all gold or all silver with my outfits. So, I told hubby he is off the hook until our 10th anniversary when I want the gold cz Black hills ring. I had not thought of earrings....hm....that could make a nice Christmas gift in the future. :shop:

Your breakfast sounded yummy!

Oh, yes, earrings too! [wink]

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:41 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUGCTJvyGWc

Good morning Christmas friends! Here is a short clip from The Inn at Christmas Tree Place in TN. Another place on my bucket list.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:19 am

http://altonbay.org/christmas-in-august ... e-join-in/

This sounds like an amazing event. If you are in the new england area, check out future Christmas in August events!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:29 pm

ImageMerry Monday my Christmas friends!!!Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter