2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:45 pm

jlcarey wrote:
Pretjah wrote:i think i'm doing something right with my kids...

we were at my inlaws on sunday for my mother in laws b-day

my two oldest daughters 9 & 8 were watching a smokey mountian christmas on her ipad and my 6 year old daughter was watching prep & Landing on my phone

yeah my kids love christmas

Haha, I'm still working on my daughter...she doesn't generally choose Christmas movies on her own...but she does watch them with me, and she LOVES to go to the stores this time of year and check out the early Christmas displays that everyone else loves to hate! lol She's getting there.

Started my new schedule at work today 6:30am-2:30pm so I can be off in time to pick the kiddos up from school! I'm TIRED! lol But it is totally worth it for that extra time in the afternoon with the kids, it's going to be GREAT! So I'm just hanging at work, distracting myself from work I SHOULD be doing (haha!) and listening to some Christmas music to try to keep myself from distracting myself...lol...it's obviously not working! Have a great day everyone!119 days 14 hours and 3 minutes till Christmas! :holly1:

How great it is that your employer will let you make a work shift change to accommodate your children's schedule! And what better distraction is there than Christmas carols! Have an awesome Tuesday! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:47 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:I went and had a spinal block done 6AM this morning. After sleeping off the anesthesia, I feel great now.

When I turned on the TV, I thought I stumbled upon a nice surprise. "A Merry Supernatural Christmas" was on. But then I saw a guy dressed up like Santa get sucked up a fireplace then his bloody boot came tumbling back down into the living room.

:roll:

So I turned off the TV and started listening to my Christmas station on Pandora.

That's a weird Christmas flick! I'd prefer Christmas tunes too! Good for you. So glad your spinal block was successful and yo're feeling better Christmas Crazy! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:48 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUGCTJvyGWc

Good morning Christmas friends! Here is a short clip from The Inn at Christmas Tree Place in TN. Another place on my bucket list.

Check out this video about this same wonderful Christmas place. I wanna go!

The Incredible Christmas Place - The South's Largest Christmas Store in Pigeon Forge, TN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA0bbcmFgXY

Ooo, added these to my 'must-see Christmas" event list! Thankjs! :P

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:49 pm

jlcarey wrote:I went there for the first time just last year and it is AWESOME!!! I could spend DAYS in there!

Ok, jlcarey, now we're all jealous of your Christmas adventure! :oops:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Why are Christmas trees very bad at knitting ?
Because they always drop their needles!

:laugh:

:P Christmas cute!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:What do monkeys sing at Christmas?
‘Jungle bells, jungle bells!’

Ok, that's Christmas silly & cute! :lol: :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:52 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Mary.
Mary who?
Mary Christmas!

:| :|

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:What do you get if you eat Christmas decorations?
Tinsel-itis!

Oh, "tinselitis" that's not Christmas fun! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Who hides in a bakery at Christmas?
A mince spy!

Christmas laughs! :laugh:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Santa Stats

There are currently 78 people named S. Claus
living in the U.S. -- and one Kriss Kringle.
(You gotta wonder about that one kid's parents)

December is the most popular month for nose jobs.

Weight of Santa's sleigh loaded with one Beanie Baby
for every kid on earth: 333,333 tons.

Number of reindeer required to pull a 333,333-ton s
sleigh: 214,206 -- plus Rudolph.

Average wage of a mall Santa: $11 an hour.
With real beard: $20.

To deliver his gifts in one night, Santa would have to
make 822.6 visits per second, sleighing at 3,000 times
the speed of sound.

At that speed, Santa and his reindeer would burst into flame
instantaneously.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:58 pm

All I Need To Know I Learned From Santa

1. Encourage people to believe in you.

2. Always remember who's naughty and who's nice.

3. Don't pout.

4. It's as much fun to give as it is to receive.

5. Some days it's ok to feel a little chubby.

6. Make your presents known.

7. Always ask for a little bit more than what you really want.

8. Bright red can make anyone look good.

9. Wear a wide belt and no-one will notice how many pounds you've gained.

10. If you only show up once a year, everyone will think you're very important.

11. Whenever you're at a loss for words, say "HO, HO, HO!"

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:00 pm

Right now the countdown is 172220 minutes until CHRISTMAS! HO HO HO!

And we're at page 100 with 1992 posts! :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:11 pm

Here's a photo of last night's dust storm. It lasted over an hour. And, of course, I had just cleaned the front porch & patio.

Just another reason I miss snow!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Does something like that mess up your air conditioning unit?
Or your cars?
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby jlcarey » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:02 pm

Noel+ wrote:
jlcarey wrote:I went there for the first time just last year and it is AWESOME!!! I could spend DAYS in there!

Ha, I was so lucky to get to go there. Three of my high school girlfriends and I took a weekend girls trip to Gatlinburg last October. I have been to Gatlinburg SO many times...and had NO idea this place was there! I guess I was just so much younger that there was too much other interesting stuff to look at at the time...but OMG that place is SO AWESOME! It is HUGE HUGE HUGE!! There is literally, like a room for each style of Christmas decorating! A whole huge area for, say, "Grinch" style decorating, all the pinks and turquoises and lime greens stuff, one for blue and silver, etc...a huge part of the store has just personalizable (?) ornaments where they will do the personalizing on the spot for you....it was just HEAVEN. I could have lived in that store. I didn't want to leave!! They also have an "Inn" so you can STAY there for your vacation! (http://www.innatchristmasplace.com/) It is a Bavarian-style hotel that is ALWAYS decorated for Christmas, along with all of the rooms! Singing Santa even comes on Saturdays, and a huge "glockenspiel" chimes and plays Christmas carols on the hour all day long! Also, Santa shares cookies with the guests on weeknights from 8-10pm! Doesn't that just sound like such an AWESOME place to stay?! That is on my list for Anniversary vaca's!! lol :holly1:
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:15 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote: Does something like that mess up your air conditioning unit?
Or your cars?

Oh, yes yes yes Christmas Crazy. The A/C units last about 5 years here with twice yearly repairs. It's impossible to get out all the dirt in the vent system so it comes directly into your house. I've turned the A/C off in a dust storm, but when you turn it back on the dust is still in the vents. Expensive vent cleaning services exist but they still can't reach back to the central unit.

Cars fair much better but clogs up the engine, etc. That's easier to keep clean because I always request a clean out when having any vehicle maintenance.

You just have to live with it or move. And that is not an option in my case. :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:18 pm

jlcarey wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Ha, I was so lucky to get to go there. Three of my high school girlfriends and I took a weekend girls trip to Gatlinburg last October. I have been to Gatlinburg SO many times...and had NO idea this place was there! I guess I was just so much younger that there was too much other interesting stuff to look at at the time...but OMG that place is SO AWESOME! It is HUGE HUGE HUGE!! There is literally, like a room for each style of Christmas decorating! A whole huge area for, say, "Grinch" style decorating, all the pinks and turquoises and lime greens stuff, one for blue and silver, etc...a huge part of the store has just personalizable (?) ornaments where they will do the personalizing on the spot for you....it was just HEAVEN. I could have lived in that store. I didn't want to leave!! They also have an "Inn" so you can STAY there for your vacation! (http://www.innatchristmasplace.com/) It is a Bavarian-style hotel that is ALWAYS decorated for Christmas, along with all of the rooms! Singing Santa even comes on Saturdays, and a huge "glockenspiel" chimes and plays Christmas carols on the hour all day long! Also, Santa shares cookies with the guests on weeknights from 8-10pm! Doesn't that just sound like such an AWESOME place to stay?! That is on my list for Anniversary vaca's!! lol :holly1:

:D Oh that does sound Christmas marvelous! It's now at the top of my vacation list. Dreaming and starting to save $ today! Wonder if two week stay will do it?! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby jlcarey » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:06 pm

I was only in town for 4 days! Talk about not enough time!! Lol It will be a Christmas-y anniversary for me one day. I love having my anniversary in December! Lol
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:38 pm

jlcarey wrote:I was only in town for 4 days! Talk about not enough time!! Lol It will be a Christmas-y anniversary for me one day. I love having my anniversary in December! Lol

:D :D :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:25 pm

jlcarey wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

We should all meet there for Christmas All Year retreat. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter