2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:38 pm

That's a terrific idea, Christmas Crazy! Let's keep that as a Christmas dream to come! Christmas Future! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:09 pm

Dream a little Christmas dream!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:28 am

jlcarey wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
jlcarey wrote:I went there for the first time just last year and it is AWESOME!!! I could spend DAYS in there!

Ok, jlcarey, now we're all jealous of your Christmas adventure! :oops:

Ha, I was so lucky to get to go there. Three of my high school girlfriends and I took a weekend girls trip to Gatlinburg last October. I have been to Gatlinburg SO many times...and had NO idea this place was there! I guess I was just so much younger that there was too much other interesting stuff to look at at the time...but OMG that place is SO AWESOME! It is HUGE HUGE HUGE!! There is literally, like a room for each style of Christmas decorating! A whole huge area for, say, "Grinch" style decorating, all the pinks and turquoises and lime greens stuff, one for blue and silver, etc...a huge part of the store has just personalizable (?) ornaments where they will do the personalizing on the spot for you....it was just HEAVEN. I could have lived in that store. I didn't want to leave!! They also have an "Inn" so you can STAY there for your vacation! (http://www.innatchristmasplace.com/) It is a Bavarian-style hotel that is ALWAYS decorated for Christmas, along with all of the rooms! Singing Santa even comes on Saturdays, and a huge "glockenspiel" chimes and plays Christmas carols on the hour all day long! Also, Santa shares cookies with the guests on weeknights from 8-10pm! Doesn't that just sound like such an AWESOME place to stay?! That is on my list for Anniversary vaca's!! lol :holly1:

I wonder if that is where the Bavarian Inn scenes were filmed in I'll Be Home for Christmas. a cute 90´s christmas movie.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:01 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
jlcarey wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
jlcarey wrote:I went there for the first time just last year and it is AWESOME!!! I could spend DAYS in there!

Ha, I was so lucky to get to go there. Three of my high school girlfriends and I took a weekend girls trip to Gatlinburg last October. I have been to Gatlinburg SO many times...and had NO idea this place was there! I guess I was just so much younger that there was too much other interesting stuff to look at at the time...but OMG that place is SO AWESOME! It is HUGE HUGE HUGE!! There is literally, like a room for each style of Christmas decorating! A whole huge area for, say, "Grinch" style decorating, all the pinks and turquoises and lime greens stuff, one for blue and silver, etc...a huge part of the store has just personalizable (?) ornaments where they will do the personalizing on the spot for you....it was just HEAVEN. I could have lived in that store. I didn't want to leave!! They also have an "Inn" so you can STAY there for your vacation! (http://www.innatchristmasplace.com/) It is a Bavarian-style hotel that is ALWAYS decorated for Christmas, along with all of the rooms! Singing Santa even comes on Saturdays, and a huge "glockenspiel" chimes and plays Christmas carols on the hour all day long! Also, Santa shares cookies with the guests on weeknights from 8-10pm! Doesn't that just sound like such an AWESOME place to stay?! That is on my list for Anniversary vaca's!! lol :holly1:

I wonder if that is where the Bavarian Inn scenes were filmed in I'll Be Home for Christmas. a cute 90´s christmas movie.

No. According to IMBd it was all filmed in British Columbia. And it was a cute Christmas movie! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:56 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:I went and had a spinal block done 6AM this morning. After sleeping off the anesthesia, I feel great now.

When I turned on the TV, I thought I stumbled upon a nice surprise. "A Merry Supernatural Christmas" was on. But then I saw a guy dressed up like Santa get sucked up a fireplace then his bloody boot came tumbling back down into the living room.

:roll:

So I turned off the TV and started listening to my Christmas station on Pandora.

That's a weird Christmas flick! I'd prefer Christmas tunes too! Good for you. So glad your spinal block was successful and yo're feeling better Christmas Crazy! :D

I have seen that episode and actually like it. It is no worse than any other Supernatural episode if you like the series and actually contained some interesting folklore. The "gift bringer" in many cultures did not start out as a good thing. There is a finnish christmas movie with sort of the same thing. It is interesting, but definitely not one for the kiddies.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby jlcarey » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:16 am

YES!!! That would be SO AWESOME!!!
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:37 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUGCTJvyGWc

Good morning Christmas friends! Here is a short clip from The Inn at Christmas Tree Place in TN. Another place on my bucket list.

Check out this video about this same wonderful Christmas place. I wanna go!

The Incredible Christmas Place - The South's Largest Christmas Store in Pigeon Forge, TN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA0bbcmFgXY

Ooo, added these to my 'must-see Christmas" event list! Thankjs! :P

Amazing. I added it to my favorites for a mini Christmas vacation when I get stressed out at work. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:40 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
jlcarey wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

We should all meet there for Christmas All Year retreat. :D

That would be so wonderful if I were in the US! I love this group and having Christmas friends all over the world.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:41 am

Good Thursday Morning all my CAY friends! I see Jolly is spreading Christmas cheer bright & early this morning! Just wan you to now I think of you all daily! Merry Christmas thoughts! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:44 am

Hee hee, I am always first because I live at the North Pole (my facebook alter ego´s location). We have an all year round Christmas store in San Antonio, have to see if it is still there. And the Christmas House bed and breakfast that got such horrible reviews a few years ago seems to have new owners. I might have to go check it out "for a friend" if we make it home for Thanksgiving.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:54 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Hee hee, I am always first because I live at the North Pole (my facebook alter ego´s location). We have an all year round Christmas store in San Antonio, have to see if it is still there. And the Christmas House bed and breakfast that got such horrible reviews a few years ago seems to have new owners. I might have to go check it out "for a friend" if we make it home for Thanksgiving.

Now that's a great Christmas goal! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:55 am

There are only 16 Thursdays left until Christmas!! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:01 am

Noel+ wrote:There are only 16 Thursdays left until Christmas!! :scene:

We will start having Merry Friday Christmasses again tomorrow. We stopped at Easter to build excitement for Christmas in July, then continued through Christmas in August, now we will have once a week christmas music until November.

I uploaded Autumn in New York to my mp4 but it will not play. So, I am watching Sweet November (1968) which has a christmas scene.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:16 am

Our Christmas Countdown officially starts the day before Thanksgiving according to my sweet DH. The real truth is we start celebrating the day after Christmas and continue on til the next one. :wink: Still, as always, trying to keep Christmas in my heart every day of the year [thanks to Dickens] :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:34 pm

Noel+ wrote:Our Christmas Countdown officially starts the day before Thanksgiving according to my sweet DH. The real truth is we start celebrating the day after Christmas and continue on til the next one. :wink: Still, as always, trying to keep Christmas in my heart every day of the year [thanks to Dickens] :smilecc:

According to Michelle, our family Christmas countdown doesn't begin untill Thanksgiving Day just after lunch. My Christmas All Year thing is only mine. (Bah Humbug)
Just this week I was chastised for talking about Christmas. I was telling her that it would be fun to go to SeaWorld at Christmas time. They have a thing called Christmas Town.
http://seaworldparks.com/en/christmastown-tampa Check it out. Very neat.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Interesting about Sea World Fla. I'm closer to San Diego but they don't have land for expansion, so no Christmas Town. That sounds like a great place to see Christmas Crazy. Thanks for the link -- hoping for one nearer us.

Whenever my DH grumbles about my Christmas focus, I know the spirit is starting to get to him too. Eventually I get that twinkle in his eye & crooked grin! :D Maybe a trip to Hobby Lobby this weekend would be great for the family. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:42 pm

2016 Posts!!

We're gonna be at 2300 mid-September at this rate and break all records! Go Team! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:49 pm

I'll be very surprised if we don't reach 2500 Christmas posts by Christmas Day. :snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:53 pm

We averaging 100 Christmas posts every 12.5 days so far this year.
Last year we averaged 100 Christmas posts every 16.3 days.
We are much quicker this year!

:rockettes:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:56 pm

If we continue at 12.5 days per 100 posts, we will be very close to 3000 come Christmas Day! Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter