2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:I'm sitting here in my recliner watching football. Then I start looking around the living room, day dreaming about Christmas decorations and the tree lit up with presents stacked underneath it. I know it won't be long, but I just can't wait.

But then again, I love the Fall season and don't want any of that to rush by without enjoying it.
Such mixed emotions.

I guess I'm just going to slow down a bit and enjoy what's in front me at the moment.

Bring on the cooler weather!!!

:leafjump:

Definitely bring on the cooler weather! Here that means under 100F and hopefully by Turkey Day we're under 90F. One can hope..........

Just realized the other day, now that my brother's furniture is in the house, I don't have a place for a new tree. We're scratching our heads and trying to work that one out!

Now flies by once Labor Day is passed and before long I'll be buying food for our big Thanksgiving get together. I always want to slow down the time and savor each day til Christmas morning! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:26 pm

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:49 pm

Hello again everyone! A perfect fall day! The sun was shining, it was 60 degrees, and I went for a hike. I am sad to see summer go, but I love the fall and the fact that Christmas is just around the corner! Oh... And football has started up again! I love wing back at CAY again after a tremendously busy summer and start to the school year.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:32 am

Merry Monday Christmas!!!
I hope you have a great week.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O´Leary » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:46 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Hello again everyone! A perfect fall day! The sun was shining, it was 60 degrees, and I went for a hike. I am sad to see summer go, but I love the fall and the fact that Christmas is just around the corner! Oh... And football has started up again! I love wing back at CAY again after a tremendously busy summer and start to the school year.

strange, we are still waiting for fall in Sweden. This is the summer that never ends. By now I should be wearing hats and gloves and looking forward to the Christmas snow. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
originally from San Antonio, Texas
Jolly O´Leary
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:17 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Hello again everyone! A perfect fall day! The sun was shining, it was 60 degrees, and I went for a hike. I am sad to see summer go, but I love the fall and the fact that Christmas is just around the corner! Oh... And football has started up again! I love wing back at CAY again after a tremendously busy summer and start to the school year.

We wondered if you'd be coming back after Labor Day. Great to have you 'home' at CAY Kiwi! And time flies by til Christmas when you share it with friends.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Monday Christmas!!!
I hope you have a great week.

Happy Christmas Monday to you too Christmas Crazy! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Jolly O´Leary wrote:

strange, we are still waiting for fall in Sweden. This is the summer that never ends. By now I should be wearing hats and gloves and looking forward to the Christmas snow. :snowwow:

We have summer temps atleast 9 months of the year [boo!] BUT today it is cloudy & raining! It feels like Autumn! :cheer:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:57 am

I saw school kids with gloves on today, but it was only 59F. Chances are their mothers made them wear them "in case they might get cold". Swedes have an innate fear of getting cold. A stiff breeze sends them diving for their sweaters. I am so looking forward to Christmas weather.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:50 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:I saw school kids with gloves on today, but it was only 59F. Chances are their mothers made them wear them "in case they might get cold". Swedes have an innate fear of getting cold. A stiff breeze sends them diving for their sweaters. I am so looking forward to Christmas weather.

I am Christmas GREEN with jealousy. I wish we had those kind of temps here. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:I saw school kids with gloves on today, but it was only 59F. Chances are their mothers made them wear them "in case they might get cold". Swedes have an innate fear of getting cold. A stiff breeze sends them diving for their sweaters. I am so looking forward to Christmas weather.

I am Christmas GREEN with jealousy. I wish we had those kind of temps here. :elfgrin:

That makes 2 of us! Today rain & a nanosecond of hail. We need a new roof so next Friday having it checked. The last 3 months have been such a financial strain that I need a craft list for Christmas gifts.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:38 am

:dinner: :shop:
Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

That makes 2 of us! Today rain & a nanosecond of hail. We need a new roof so next Friday having it checked. The last 3 months have been such a financial strain that I need a craft list for Christmas gifts.

I tried for years to get my American family to either give up gift giving (for the adults) or to draw names. There is just too much financial strain and consumerism. I always thought it would be fun to get together and all go to the same church, have something to eat, and then go caroling at my grandmother´s nursing home (she has since past on....). But you would still have a nice family evening with either very small or hand made gifts. I used to bake cheese balls (sort of a cross between a cake and a cookie) and pack them in tins. hm....that gives me an idea. We hope to be home for Thanksgiving and hubby and I could bake gingerbread loaves and leave them in my aunt´s freezer to be given out at Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:49 am

Merry Wassail Wednesday Christmas!!!
I'm having a great day so far. I hope you are too.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Pretjah » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:34 am

well I leave for Delmarva Bike week tomorrow morning. after i get home from that on saturday we are moving on sunday...after that it's all down hill until christmas season.

when i get home from Bike week every year i really start to get into the christmas spirit as there are no other big events between then and christmas for me B-)
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:29 pm

Pretjah wrote:well I leave for Delmarva Bike week tomorrow morning. after i get home from that on saturday we are moving on sunday...after that it's all down hill until christmas season.

when i get home from Bike week every year i really start to get into the christmas spirit as there are no other big events between then and christmas for me B-)

I was looking at their web site, and that is a huge event.
Don't forget to wear your helmet and have fun my Christmas friend!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Been a busy few weeks here, haven't been able to get on here for some time. We have went through some rough couple of months, my mother in law broke and dislocated her ankle outside in her yard last month, she laid there for over an hour and half before some found her, but now she is doing better (prayer does work), now today I am getting things ready for youth group tonight, we are doing popcorn and a movie, I am showing Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, I will be taking the lessons in that movie and showing how the Bible has been teaching those same lessons for centuries.

The Mrs. and myself have already started talking Christmas shopping and planning our entire Christmas season (it doesn't hurt to be prepared :D ). Most of you that are on here now that we actually put our tree up on September 15th (the 100 days till Christmas mark), we started this as a fun thing with the kids, but I have found another use for doing this, with all the change that my house undertakes during Christmas (with decorations and lights etc.) it can be a handful for my youngest which has autism, so the wife and myself have found that putting the tree up early and slowing decorating takes a lot of the anxious feeling of change away and has made Christmas one of the times of year that my son loves (like any kid should feel during Christmas). :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:19 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Pretjah wrote:well I leave for Delmarva Bike week tomorrow morning. after i get home from that on saturday we are moving on sunday...after that it's all down hill until christmas season.

I was looking at their web site, and that is a huge event.
Don't forget to wear your helmet and have fun my Christmas friend!

Yes, be safe but have a great time Christmas friend! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:21 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Been a busy few weeks here, haven't been able to get on here for some time. We have went through some rough couple of months, my mother in law broke and dislocated her ankle outside in her yard last month, she laid there for over an hour and half before some found her, but now she is doing better (prayer does work), now today I am getting things ready for youth group tonight, we are doing popcorn and a movie, I am showing Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, I will be taking the lessons in that movie and showing how the Bible has been teaching those same lessons for centuries.

The Mrs. and myself have already started talking Christmas shopping and planning our entire Christmas season (it doesn't hurt to be prepared :D ). Most of you that are on here now that we actually put our tree up on September 15th (the 100 days till Christmas mark), we started this as a fun thing with the kids, but I have found another use for doing this, with all the change that my house undertakes during Christmas (with decorations and lights etc.) it can be a handful for my youngest which has autism, so the wife and myself have found that putting the tree up early and slowing decorating takes a lot of the anxious feeling of change away and has made Christmas one of the times of year that my son loves (like any kid should feel during Christmas). :smilecc:

Yes I love the fact that you celebrate the 100 days til Christmas mark with a decorated tree! ENJOY this Sunday as you deck your halls! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:47 am

ksrjreed wrote:The Mrs. and myself have already started talking Christmas shopping and planning our entire Christmas season (it doesn't hurt to be prepared :D ). Most of you that are on here now that we actually put our tree up on September 15th (the 100 days till Christmas mark), we started this as a fun thing with the kids, but I have found another use for doing this, with all the change that my house undertakes during Christmas (with decorations and lights etc.) it can be a handful for my youngest which has autism, so the wife and myself have found that putting the tree up early and slowing decorating takes a lot of the anxious feeling of change away and has made Christmas one of the times of year that my son loves (like any kid should feel during Christmas). :smilecc:

That is a great idea! ONe of my little cousins has been diagnosed with autism. I am finding out it is not what I thought it was and is very complicated. I had no idea that "change" even good change like Christmas was tough. I will make the same suggestion to his father. Is your child old enough to help decorate the tree? Does that help? :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:55 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
ksrjreed wrote:The Mrs. and myself have already started talking Christmas shopping and planning our entire Christmas season (it doesn't hurt to be prepared :D ). Most of you that are on here now that we actually put our tree up on September 15th (the 100 days till Christmas mark), we started this as a fun thing with the kids, but I have found another use for doing this, with all the change that my house undertakes during Christmas (with decorations and lights etc.) it can be a handful for my youngest which has autism, so the wife and myself have found that putting the tree up early and slowing decorating takes a lot of the anxious feeling of change away and has made Christmas one of the times of year that my son loves (like any kid should feel during Christmas). :smilecc:

That is a great idea! ONe of my little cousins has been diagnosed with autism. I am finding out it is not what I thought it was and is very complicated. I had no idea that "change" even good change like Christmas was tough. I will make the same suggestion to his father. Is your child old enough to help decorate the tree? Does that help? :scene:

He will help with some Christmas decorating, his main job every year is to grab the stockings and wear them on his feet before I can hang them up. He noticed that I had brought the tree in from our shed and he couldn't wait to ask me if it is Christmas Eve, I had to tell him no but he knows why the tree is in the house. As for change, that is a big motivator in meltdowns for children with autism, even if they are good changes, once December gets here the house will look different, it will sound different (for most people, not me, I listen to Christmas music all year), it will smell different, are of these can be triggers because their world is not what it usually is.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter