2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:30 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Pretjah wrote:i'm liking the abc family schedule...love that they are running the 3 santa clause movies back to back a couple of times.

I am so ready for Christmas movies! :D

Me too! Sidney's animated "Frozen" opens before Christmas & the theme is a good :D one.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:33 pm

The new roof was finished before sundown last night! Its a darker brown than the chip I saw but looks great. We had to replace over half of the roof wood base .... expensive Christmas gift to ourselves...due to termite damage. Its a joy & relief to have it completed. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:29 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Annia! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Merry Monday Christmas!!!
I hope you have a great week.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Noel+ wrote:The new roof was finished before sundown last night! Its a darker brown than the chip I saw but looks great. We had to replace over half of the roof wood base .... expensive Christmas gift to ourselves...due to termite damage. Its a joy & relief to have it completed. :D

That can be a very expensive Christmas present.
But I'm glad it's done and you won't be getting wet this winter.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:37 pm

In ten more days it will be Halloween. Then on November 1st, we will begin watching lots of Christmas movies. Lots and lots and lots of Christmas movies! I can't wait.
Image Image Image Image Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:The new roof was finished before sundown last night! Its a darker brown than the chip I saw but looks great. We had to replace over half of the roof wood base .... expensive Christmas gift to ourselves...due to termite damage. Its a joy & relief to have it completed. :D

That can be a very expensive Christmas present.
But I'm glad it's done and you won't be getting wet this winter.

THANKS Christmas Crazy!
:wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Pretjah » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:39 am

really excited for the weekend after halloween....

halloween is thurs. the 31st...our church is doing our annual trunk treats.....

then we have friday the 1st ....

then at midnight that night Music Choice on the TV starts playing christmas music on thier Sounds of the Season Channel (that is my "official" it's okay to play christmas music in public marker lol)...
then on saturday the 2nd there is a large autction and rummage sale at a local church that my family goes to every year and get some great deals on things and my two sisters and their families will be coming in that weekend to visit....

B-)
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:48 am

Pretjah wrote:really excited for the weekend after halloween....

then at midnight that night Music Choice on the TV starts playing christmas music on thier Sounds of the Season Channel (that is my "official" it's okay to play christmas music in public marker lol)...
then on saturday the 2nd there is a large autction and rummage sale at a local church that my family goes to every year and get some great deals on things and my two sisters and their families will be coming in that weekend to visit....

B-)

I have been listening to Halloween OTR on LIve365.com. Halloween was my second favorite TV month in the US, next to Christmas of course.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:52 am

http://www.cartoonnetwork.se/julinovemb ... e=Homepage Featured Promotion 3

Cartoon Network in Sweden has Jul i November (Christmas in November).
Looks like this year´s theme is Looney Tunes.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Pretjah wrote:really excited for the weekend after halloween....

B-)

That's wonderful, Pretjah that you have so many wonderful plans for the season! It makes the excitement & anticipation of Christmas even brighter! And happy to see you posting again! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.cartoonnetwork.se/julinovember#homepage=Homepage Featured Promotion 3

Cartoon Network in Sweden has Jul i November (Christmas in November).
Looks like this year´s theme is Looney Tunes.

Thanks Jolly for the Christmas in November link! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:51 pm

This Friday it will be only 2 months to the day til Christmas!! :rockettes: :carolbells: :rockettes:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Pretjah » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:00 am

yuppers 2 months

anyone catch any of the qvc holiday sales yesterday?
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Pretjah wrote:yuppers 2 months

anyone catch any of the qvc holiday sales yesterday?

Our 6th anniversary is Sunday. ONe more celebration closer to Christmas! :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby DJTEEL » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:08 pm

My Father is coming home.H'es been in the nursing home since May 15th 2012 due to a stroke.He'll be returning home in early October,maybe the first week.Our first Christmas without him was last year.This is going to be a wonderful Christmas Season with the family back together like normal( my Father,Mother and Sister and myself).i look forward to the Christmas music channels on Satellite Tv.Much like cable tv's 'sounds of the seasons' channel ,Dish Network has a few featured each year in their 'Sirius' lineup and a couple in their CD channels lineup.i'm not sure when they begin broadcasting though.i think cable's "sounds of the seasons' begins on november 1st or 2nd./I always forget to begin looking for the holiday music channels in november until the 2nd week..every year.. so when i looked for the selections on Dish Network, ,i've found them when they've already begun broadcasting./Hard to believe just 2 months until Christmas day.That actually sounds weird./
>>>>>>> i found it in the last place that i looked,as they say.
what's weird is that i found it in the next place i looked also.
so now i have two of them and i only need one!!
<<<<<<<
DJTEEL
Elf Apprentice

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:56 pm

DJTEEL wrote:My Father is coming home.H'es been in the nursing home since May 15th 2012 due to a stroke.He'll be returning home in early October,maybe the first week.Our first Christmas without him was last year.This is going to be a wonderful Christmas Season with the family back together like normal( my Father,Mother and Sister and myself).i look forward to the Christmas music channels on Satellite Tv.Much like cable tv's 'sounds of the seasons' channel ,Dish Network has a few featured each year in their 'Sirius' lineup and a couple in their CD channels lineup.i'm not sure when they begin broadcasting though.i think cable's "sounds of the seasons' begins on november 1st or 2nd./I always forget to begin looking for the holiday music channels in november until the 2nd week..every year.. so when i looked for the selections on Dish Network, ,i've found them when they've already begun broadcasting./Hard to believe just 2 months until Christmas day.That actually sounds weird./

It's wonderful to hear that your father will be back home with you all. Nice early Christmas present.
Pandora has Christmas music year round. That's my go to channel. They play most of my favorites.
And yes, it won't be long. Santa is coming...!
:D :santa:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Pretjah » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:59 am

http://www.countdownuntilchristmas.com/announcements/cbs-announces-christmas-special-air-times-for-2013/

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

8:00pm – Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Friday, November 29, 2013

8:00pm – hoops&yoyo Ruin Christmas
8:30pm – The Elf on the Shelf: An Elf’s Story
Friday, December 6, 2013

8:00pm – Frosty the Snowman
8:30pm – Yes, Virginia
Saturday, December 7, 2013

8:00pm – The Flight Before Christmas
9:00pm – The Story of Santa Claus
Saturday, December 14, 2013

9:30pm – Frosty Returns
Friday, December 20, 2013

8:00pm – I Love Lucy Christmas Special
We expect additional air dates to be announced in the future.

All times shown in Eastern.
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:25 am

Ruin Christmas?
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:13 am

Hello CAYer's

Been a busy couple of weeks, have been going through some financial problems but with prayer all that has been taken care of. Last Friday the Mrs. and myself took the oldest on a college trip and I think we have found our school, The University of Cincinnati, it has everything she is looking for and since we are constantly in Cincinnati with our two youngest at Children's Hospital we can always check up on her, also throw onto that we are planning a Halloween party for our church youth group next Wednesday and two (that's right, two) different youth Christmas programs for our church. Although I have listed a lot of different issues and things that we have been doing over the past couple of months I love this time of year and how hectic it can be, it kills me listening to people in stores as they complain about Christmas and the holiday season as if it is a burden, in fact I told one person in a store last year if it is a burden then you have your priorities in the wrong order, my wife didn't like me saying this but sometimes the truth hurts, well will be back on later after some house cleaning, Christmas music, and hot chocolate (it got cold in southern Ohio). :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter