2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:35 am

ksrjreed wrote:Hello CAYer's

Been a busy couple of weeks, have been going through some financial problems but with prayer all that has been taken care of. Last Friday the Mrs. and myself took the oldest on a college trip and I think we have found our school, The University of Cincinnati, it has everything she is looking for and since we are constantly in Cincinnati with our two youngest at Children's Hospital we can always check up on her, also throw onto that we are planning a Halloween party for our church youth group next Wednesday and two (that's right, two) different youth Christmas programs for our church. Although I have listed a lot of different issues and things that we have been doing over the past couple of months I love this time of year and how hectic it can be, it kills me listening to people in stores as they complain about Christmas and the holiday season as if it is a burden, in fact I told one person in a store last year if it is a burden then you have your priorities in the wrong order, my wife didn't like me saying this but sometimes the truth hurts, well will be back on later after some house cleaning, Christmas music, and hot chocolate (it got cold in southern Ohio). :smilecc:

Go Bearcats!!!
I love Fall, Thanksgiving, and the Christmas season.
I'm glad you spoke up. It is quite possible they may have their best Christmas ever, if they got their priorities straightened out. All because someone cared enough to tell them the truth.
Press on!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:59 am

Christmas music and hot chocolate sound wonderful.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Well, we tried to get a lot accomplished today, now getting ready to take my youngest daughter and son to our Girl Scout troops Halloween party, then will probably come home and watch a Christmas movie.

:smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:26 am

DJTEEL wrote:My Father is coming home.H'es been in the nursing home since May 15th 2012 due to a stroke.He'll be returning home in early October,maybe the first week.Our first Christmas without him was last year.This is going to be a wonderful Christmas Season with the family back together like normal( my Father,Mother and Sister and myself).i look forward to the Christmas music channels on Satellite Tv.Much like cable tv's 'sounds of the seasons' channel ,Dish Network has a few featured each year in their 'Sirius' lineup and a couple in their CD channels lineup.i'm not sure when they begin broadcasting though.i think cable's "sounds of the seasons' begins on november 1st or 2nd./I always forget to begin looking for the holiday music channels in november until the 2nd week..every year.. so when i looked for the selections on Dish Network, ,i've found them when they've already begun broadcasting./Hard to believe just 2 months until Christmas day.That actually sounds weird./

Just great to hear from you again DJTEEL! :D

Rejoicing with you that your father will be home & sharing this Christmas season with all of you! :smilecc:

Directv has Christmas music starting early in November too. And Hallmark channels start the Christmas season movies before Thanksgiving too. Wonderful season of God's love! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:28 am

Pretjah wrote:http://www.countdownuntilchristmas.com/announcements/cbs-announces-christmas-special-air-times-for-2013/

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

8:00pm – Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Friday, November 29, 2013

8:00pm – hoops&yoyo Ruin Christmas
8:30pm – The Elf on the Shelf: An Elf’s Story
Friday, December 6, 2013

8:00pm – Frosty the Snowman
8:30pm – Yes, Virginia
Saturday, December 7, 2013

8:00pm – The Flight Before Christmas
9:00pm – The Story of Santa Claus
Saturday, December 14, 2013

9:30pm – Frosty Returns
Friday, December 20, 2013

8:00pm – I Love Lucy Christmas Special
We expect additional air dates to be announced in the future.

All times shown in Eastern.

Thanks Pretjah! Just love the Christmas movies! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:30 am

ksrjreed wrote:Hello CAYer's

Been a busy couple of weeks, have been going through some financial problems but with prayer all that has been taken care of. Last Friday the Mrs. and myself took the oldest on a college trip and I think we have found our school, The University of Cincinnati, it has everything she is looking for and since we are constantly in Cincinnati with our two youngest at Children's Hospital we can always check up on her, also throw onto that we are planning a Halloween party for our church youth group next Wednesday and two (that's right, two) different youth Christmas programs for our church. Although I have listed a lot of different issues and things that we have been doing over the past couple of months I love this time of year and how hectic it can be, it kills me listening to people in stores as they complain about Christmas and the holiday season as if it is a burden, in fact I told one person in a store last year if it is a burden then you have your priorities in the wrong order, my wife didn't like me saying this but sometimes the truth hurts, well will be back on later after some house cleaning, Christmas music, and hot chocolate (it got cold in southern Ohio). :smilecc:

So many answered prayers for you & your family ksrjreed! :D

How wonderful to have your daughter close while at college and near the hospital where your other children are treated. That way she can stop to visit them too!

And yes I agree people often give in to the pressures of time instead of focusing on the true meaning of Christmas. We all need a little reminder now and then to "keep the main thing - Jesus - the main thing"! Good for you! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:31 am

Pretjah wrote:yuppers 2 months

anyone catch any of the qvc holiday sales yesterday?

Yes caught snippets here & there. You can always check online too. The weekend shows are all focused on giving now and sometimes need a little inspiration! :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:32 am

2 Months til Christmas -- today!!! :scene: :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:43 am

Which are your fave Christmas movies?!?! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:50 am

Image ANd your Christmas elf name is???? :elfgrin:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:51 am

My Christmas elf name: Cookie PicklePants! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:38 am

Puddin Plum-Pants. Good thing I was Jolly O´Leary on another forum last year. Imagine a facebook page under the name Puddin Plum-Pants. Do not want to think of what kind of spam I would get with that. No Christmas fun!

Merry Friday Christmas! Tough choice, Halloween music or christmas today. I forgot the Christmas mp3 so I guess I will listen to Halloween OTR on Live365. I have found halloween memories even though I was never allowed to trick or treat, or go to regular halloween parties. But I do have fond memories of the "hobo parties" we used to have at church before "halloween alternatives" were in fashion. They were almost as fun as Christmas.

I might add that the A name is the same as last year. That´s my Perky!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:21 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Puddin Plum-Pants. Good thing I was Jolly O´Leary on another forum last year. Imagine a facebook page under the name Puddin Plum-Pants. Do not want to think of what kind of spam I would get with that. No Christmas fun!

Merry Friday Christmas! Tough choice, Halloween music or christmas today. I forgot the Christmas mp3 so I guess I will listen to Halloween OTR on Live365. I have found halloween memories even though I was never allowed to trick or treat, or go to regular halloween parties. But I do have fond memories of the "hobo parties" we used to have at church before "halloween alternatives" were in fashion. They were almost as fun as Christmas.

I might add that the A name is the same as last year. That´s my Perky!
:lol:
:lol: I did my real name because N for Noel = Buddy!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:53 am

Noel+ wrote:Image ANd your Christmas elf name is???? :elfgrin:

Jolly Peppermint!
Wow. I don't think I can call myself that.
:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:54 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 61 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:14 am

Noel+ wrote:Image ANd your Christmas elf name is???? :elfgrin:

Jolly Monkey-Buns.

That is an original name I will say that, and you would have to be full of the Christmas spirit to even say your name let alone want anyone else to call you out in a public surrounding. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby ksrjreed » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:19 am

Yesterday was a pretty good day here in the Reed household, things are going smooth, I do finally have the tree lit up and decorated (don't think my wife likes the idea of LED lights on the tree, but my tree can now be seen from a few blocks away (also told my kids that I used LED so Santa would have no problem seeing as he walked through the house), I have already decorated my living room as well, which I always do when I say I am not doing it, but the tree looks so good that the rest of the living room looks bland, so I Christmas-fied the rest of it. My kitchen still has a fall look which I am happy with because I do like the look and feel of fall in the kitchen, especially when there smell of good food is coming from there. Well, about ready to take the Mrs. to the mall then off for some physical therapy before Senior Night tonight at our school (wish me luck, I'm not worried about my daughter, it's my wife that won't make it through). :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Pretjah » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:06 pm

nice...i like the LED lights..i'm slowly replacing my ligths each year...last 2 years i've bought one of the large rolls instead of new normal lights to replace the bunred out ones fromt he year before.(i'm even thinking of buying a prelit tree with them (and adding a few strands of more to even brighten it more)
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:14 am

Last edited by Christmas Crazy on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:48 am

Going out to eat at a nice place for our anniversary with my beautiful husband of 6 years! I am as excited as a kid on Christmas morning.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter