2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:51 am

Hang in there ksjreed! My first marriage was 14 years of hell either downright hostility or passive agressive behavior. This time around, I had no idea daily life could be so "easy". Our "spats" usually lasts about 5 minutes. However, we had a doozy after last Christmas that surrounded Perky not taking the initiative in getting treatment for his loosly diagnosed rheaumatoid arthritis. We had 3 days of very bad atmosphere and it was no Christmas fun. Sometimes, even the most easy going relationships need these blow ups to clear the air and restore our Christmas joy. I would much rather have them early in the season than closer to "the day", even though we all know that Christmas is in the heart and is celebrated every day.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:22 pm

Thanks for sharing my Christmas friends. It is the "becoming" that is the difficult part of "being one". And God designed it this way and He is always near to help us mend. Your marriage will be stronger because you have grown together! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:30 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks for all the feedback, like I said, we normally don't argue, this was built up frustration over one problem we are both facing.

Today, has been a great day, we have been sitting the past few hours finishing up Christmas décor in the house and listening to Christmas music, it has truly been a good day. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:14 pm

It's been a quiet lazy day for me --- so far! :lol: Still have some boxes to unpack before decorating begins but leaving it to tomorrow. Our temps are 75F today and that is a Christmas delight! Wishing all my CAY friends a glorious day! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Nice to hear theres peace back in your relationships . Have a great day decorating Noel !! Im having a great time watching christmas films . I did my christmas cards today which was a major task buts its done . Blessings x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:30 am

tinseltown wrote:Nice to hear theres peace back in your relationships . Have a great day decorating Noel !! Im having a great time watching christmas films . I did my christmas cards today which was a major task buts its done . Blessings x

Christmas blessings to you too Tinseltown!
:smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Okay, I have been fighting with my Christmas lights now for a few weeks and I have learned a valuable lesson, I am going to quit using LED outside lights. I have been using LED's for the past four years and every year I have had to replace my lights, currently I have 3/4 of my sets of outside lights that will night work. Next year I am going back to the old standby and save me a few bucks at the register. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:48 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Okay, I have been fighting with my Christmas lights now for a few weeks and I have learned a valuable lesson, I am going to quit using LED outside lights. I have been using LED's for the past four years and every year I have had to replace my lights, currently I have 3/4 of my sets of outside lights that will night work. Next year I am going back to the old standby and save me a few bucks at the register. :smilecc:

Good to know. I have been debating on switching to LED Christmas lights in a few years (after the kids get out of college). We'll have to wait and see if they become more reliable.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:55 pm

I am not sure if this is common, but as a migraine sufferer, LED lights will set one off. I could not imagine a whole row of houses with them. It would take the fun out of Christmas light viewing. Putting lights on your balcony is common here, but decorating on a scale you see in the US, not so common. I guess it is tough to decorate your yard in all this snow.

I am debating about getting up at the crack of dawn and making pumpkin and mincemeat tarts. On the one hand, I will enjoy the fruits of my labor later and be glad I did. On the other hand, it does not sound like very much Christmas fun after a hard week plus being recently sick. Decisions, decisions.......
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Only 7 days till Thanksgiving, then only 27 days till Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:59 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:17 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Okay, I have been fighting with my Christmas lights now for a few weeks and I have learned a valuable lesson, I am going to quit using LED outside lights. I have been using LED's for the past four years and every year I have had to replace my lights, currently I have 3/4 of my sets of outside lights that will night work. Next year I am going back to the old standby and save me a few bucks at the register. :smilecc:

Maybe it depends upon the brand because our LED light sets have lasted 5 years so far [inside & outside strands]. Whatever you decide, I hope it works well for you & you avoid the frustration of lights burning out. Before we had prelit artificial trees, it ruined Christmas because the man of the house had to replace them all. I wouldnt wish that ordeal on anyone.

Keep singing Christmas carol :wink: s ksrjreed..........this too shall pass!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:19 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:I am not sure if this is common, but as a migraine sufferer, LED lights will set one off. I could not imagine a whole row of houses with them. It would take the fun out of Christmas light viewing. Putting lights on your balcony is common here, but decorating on a scale you see in the US, not so common. I guess it is tough to decorate your yard in all this snow.

I am debating about getting up at the crack of dawn and making pumpkin and mincemeat tarts. On the one hand, I will enjoy the fruits of my labor later and be glad I did. On the other hand, it does not sound like very much Christmas fun after a hard week plus being recently sick. Decisions, decisions.......

Oh Jolly! Now I can think of is pumpkin & mincemeat pies! :lol: Still hoping you feel much much better when you read this post. Wishing you a speedy Christmas recovery! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

:smilecc: :scene: :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:05 am

merry Friday Christmas! Today I am taking the Christmas mp3 as I do every Friday Christmas. But this is the last week I switch back! Next Friday Christmas I will keep using this one until January! Woohoo! Christmas is on its way!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:45 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:merry Friday Christmas! Today I am taking the Christmas mp3 as I do every Friday Christmas. But this is the last week I switch back! Next Friday Christmas I will keep using this one until January! Woohoo! Christmas is on its way!

Jolly, you sound as if you feel much better. And Christmas music soothes the body & soul for me. ENJOY!

And........as Christmas Crazy always says: "Merry Friday Christmas"!
:smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:29 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 33 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Spent the day at a work conference. The best thing about it was that it was already decorated for Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:26 pm

As I drove thru town this morning, all the Christmas lights on the power poles were glowing brightly. Angels, candy canes, and doves.
Now I can't wait to put up my outside lights.
:D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter