2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:07 pm

The kitchen is now decorated for Christmas. They vinyl green table cloth with mittens is on the table, the advent garden and candles are in the middle, the little tree is decorated, garland is in the hall, and we got some Christmas bunting for next to nothing on Tradera (swedish ebay). We had bought some material to make our own, but this is cute and will give us a pattern for future holidays. I am fighting "cedar fever" as they say in SA, but all in all, it has been a good day. Perky even went and got the tires changed for winter, something that has not happened in 2-3 years, so now we will be mobile even in the snow. Woohoo!

:sled: :snowtree: :snowhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:50 pm

tinseltown wrote:Festive friday went really well as we started off our Christmas festivities here in Rhodes . Food was yummy and the deserts :dinner: Got a giant box of chocolates from a dear friend :smilecc: The house was lit up . Christmas carols playing ,candles smelling of cinnamon and manderin were lit . We played board games and felt the season was upon us at last . Christmas is for sharing good food and fellowship Amen . Next week i have the bible study bunch coming for mincepies and christmas carrot cake , then the post Alpha course lot and then a few days later a morning to remember a dear friend we lost recently .Its beginning to look alot like christmas ......... :smilecc:

Yes it is Tinseltown. And, reading your post its feeling alot like Christmas! You have a wonderful plans to share with others this Christmas, as always! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:The kitchen is now decorated for Christmas. They vinyl green table cloth with mittens is on the table, the advent garden and candles are in the middle, the little tree is decorated, garland is in the hall, and we got some Christmas bunting for next to nothing on Tradera (swedish ebay). We had bought some material to make our own, but this is cute and will give us a pattern for future holidays. I am fighting "cedar fever" as they say in SA, but all in all, it has been a good day. Perky even went and got the tires changed for winter, something that has not happened in 2-3 years, so now we will be mobile even in the snow. Woohoo!

:sled: :snowtree: :snowhouse:

:snowwow: Your decorating completed its now time for you to relax & enjoy Jolly! In Sweden do they put chains on tires in winter? That's what we did in Indiana midwest winters. I'm behind...........still have a few rooms to decorate.........so off I go to catch up with you & Tinseltown! :|

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:22 pm

No, but Perky said they use chains in other parts of Europe. We have studded tires that one must use between Dec 1 and march 1. But it is a two edged sword, you can continue driving, but there are many streets you are not allowed to drive on with studded tires. But, had we gone North for Christmas, they would have been a necessity.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:No, but Perky said they use chains in other parts of Europe. We have studded tires that one must use between Dec 1 and march 1. But it is a two edged sword, you can continue driving, but there are many streets you are not allowed to drive on with studded tires. But, had we gone North for Christmas, they would have been a necessity.

Thanks for the education - its very interesting to me. Because of you I know more about Sweden! Hope your Sunday is merry & Christmasy bright! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Well the family is in bed with some of kind of virus. I have a 'fat lip' -- my term for fever blisters. And we're determined not to let it crimp our Christmas joy! So we're gonna snuggle up in front of the tv and watch Christmas movies! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:53 am

Noel+ wrote:Well the family is in bed with some of kind of virus. I have a 'fat lip' -- my term for fever blisters. And we're determined not to let it crimp our Christmas joy! So we're gonna snuggle up in front of the tv and watch Christmas movies! :D

Drink Cinnamon tea then use the tea bag as a compress for the fever blister. It might sting a bit, but it is good for it. Cinnamon is a natural antibiotic and also tastes like Christmas! :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:55 am

WEll, Perky did it. I start slowing down around 8 pm and get in "going to bed mode". But he changed the curtains, got out the candle sticks and put up the Advent stars before bed. I did not go to the living room to see that one, but the one in the kitchen looks great! Today I am wearing my Peanuts Christmas shirt which has seen better days, I brought it with me 6 years ago from the US and might now be an "at home" shirt. Funny how you do not notice these things until you are already wearing them in public. Oh well, it is still Christmas cute.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:44 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:WEll, Perky did it. I start slowing down around 8 pm and get in "going to bed mode". But he changed the curtains, got out the candle sticks and put up the Advent stars before bed. I did not go to the living room to see that one, but the one in the kitchen looks great! Today I am wearing my Peanuts Christmas shirt which has seen better days, I brought it with me 6 years ago from the US and might now be an "at home" shirt. Funny how you do not notice these things until you are already wearing them in public. Oh well, it is still Christmas cute.

Good for Perky! He certainly is sharing his Christmas spirit! :D

And: I know what you mean about Christmas shirts. Last year my brother commented one of my Christmas shirts 'had seen better days'. Know what? I don't care........I love the shirt & wear it proudly. OK.........at home..........but still with Christmas cheer! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:46 pm

My new security door & sun screen windows are being delivered right now! YAY! :D I will feel much safer & it will keep out some of the morning sun. Light I love..........just not the damaging southwest sunrays. My neighbors have their Christmas lights glowing and last night our section of the street was beautiful! :gbhouse:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi Cay friends christmas coffee here tomorrow , your all welcome :smilecc: How can i post a new signature , tried but cant do it :think:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:23 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay friends christmas coffee here tomorrow , your all welcome :smilecc: How can i post a new signature , tried but cant do it :think:

Hi Tinseltown! Great to hear from you!

Go to Control Board. Choose Profile tab. Click on edit signature. Enter your URL for the imagine & click submit. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:22 am

Just watched the CMA Country Christmas special wafer the Charlie BrownChristmas. I am full of Christmas joy & not ready to sleep. Time for eggnog! :P

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:38 am

Noel+ wrote:Just watched the CMA Country Christmas special wafer the Charlie BrownChristmas. I am full of Christmas joy & not ready to sleep. Time for eggnog! :P

Ah........eggnog. No commercial stuff at the North Pole so we have to make our own from scratch. On the plus side, I learned this year that Swedish chickens are salmonella free so there is no danger. We do usually drink it up the same night I make it though. Reminds me of my grandmother´s egg milk. Christmas is just so much fun! :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:01 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Just watched the CMA Country Christmas special wafer the Charlie BrownChristmas. I am full of Christmas joy & not ready to sleep. Time for eggnog! :P

Ah........eggnog. No commercial stuff at the North Pole so we have to make our own from scratch. On the plus side, I learned this year that Swedish chickens are salmonella free so there is no danger. We do usually drink it up the same night I make it though. Reminds me of my grandmother´s egg milk. Christmas is just so much fun! :scene:

Most of my life we made our own eggnog! It's only been the last 5 years or so that it is store boughten. I started a 'not to do list' and making eggnog was one item removed. I need more time with the Lord & more time with family. So enjoy your yummy home made eggnog Jolly! Christmas is better that way! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:24 pm

I ordered three "christmas presents" for us today. Miracle on 34th Street (black and white version), Holiday Inn (colorized) and Scooby Doo Phantosaur. The first one I have on VHS and thought I had found a swedish source, but it turned out to the be the remake, which is good, but then it is just a "christmas movie" and not THE Christmas movie that is the start of the season. Holiday Inn I have on DVD in its original form and have always wondered how those musical numbers will look in color. IN general, I am against colorization, but we shall see how it turns out. Scooby Doo Phantosaur is just for fun. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:I ordered three "christmas presents" for us today. Miracle on 34th Street (black and white version), Holiday Inn (colorized) and Scooby Doo Phantosaur. The first one I have on VHS and thought I had found a swedish source, but it turned out to the be the remake, which is good, but then it is just a "christmas movie" and not THE Christmas movie that is the start of the season. Holiday Inn I have on DVD in its original form and have always wondered how those musical numbers will look in color. IN general, I am against colorization, but we shall see how it turns out. Scooby Doo Phantosaur is just for fun. :elfgrin:

Let me know if you like Holiday Inn colorized. I have the original black & white but the kids want color. ENJOY these classic Christmas movies!!! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:34 pm

Last night we watched the PBS Celtic Woman "Home for Christmas" special. and a movie while sipping hot cocoa. Today Amazon is scheduled to deliver a couple of presents so I'll be ready!

It's actually COLD here - - that means under 70F. We're in the 60's with wind. YAHOOO!

It's beginning to feel alot like Christmas............. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:15 am

We are supposed to get our first snow storm today. It is supposed to be really bad tomorrow morning. I am taking work home just in case the public transportation system shuts down. While I am glad for the snow, I like it much better when I am already at home and have all the groceries I need for the next few days. It is too soon to tell if we will have snow for Christmas. :snowwow: :snowball: :snowkiss:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter