2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:16 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:We are supposed to get our first snow storm today. It is supposed to be really bad tomorrow morning. I am taking work home just in case the public transportation system shuts down. While I am glad for the snow, I like it much better when I am already at home and have all the groceries I need for the next few days. It is too soon to tell if we will have snow for Christmas. :snowwow: :snowball: :snowkiss:

Wishing you snow on Christmas, Jolly, and light snow with this storm. Do you have a supply of canned or frozen food items to use if transportation is not available? Hope so..........stay safe! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:30 pm

We are very urban. There are two stores within walking distance and we have a good supply of stuff. We have two hams and a small turkey breast for Christmas in the freezer. The biggest problem will come in getting to and from work on public transportation. If it snows all night, clearing the roads in time to get to work in the morning could be a problem. And they are bad about shutting down public transport without warning. In a city dependent upon it, I think that is very unfair. They do not want you to drive, but yet do not provide public transport in certain situations either. All in All, Sweden is very good at snow. The first storm is always a "surprise" though. I brought work home just in case. So far, it is only a little ice, but it is starting to feel like Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:04 am

Merry Friday Christmas! We had no snow as of this morning. It has snowed at the univ, but not sticking to the ground. I think most of it will go to the south of us. Perky took his "poison" pills again today, so we will see if he "dies" tomorrow. We had planned on spending the day in because of the snow, so he can take it easy. If he does, he will not take the pills until he sees his dr. The first round of chemo was no problem, but this new drug is giving him problems. We hope he can switch back.

Frustrating day at work, one of those days when you do alot but accomplish nothing. I am so looking forward to going to home to my Christmas decorations and a good movie.

:scene: :snowwow: :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:42 pm

Merry Christmas Friday!! :smilecc:

Jolly: I hope Perky feels much better! Enjoy you decorating this weekend and some great Christmas music.

Wishing Merry Christmas weekend to all my CAY friends! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:22 pm

Noel+ wrote:Merry Christmas Friday!! :smilecc:

Jolly: I hope Perky feels much better! Enjoy you decorating this weekend and some great Christmas music.

We just got back from dinner and making our reservations for the annual Lebanese Christmas buffet across the street. He feels better tonight than he has on a friday night in weeks. Must be the steroid that counteracts the poison. He might even feel like bringing up the Christmas boxes from the basement tomorrow! :scene: :blinky1: :merrytree:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:39 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Merry Christmas Friday!! :smilecc:

We just got back from dinner and making our reservations for the annual Lebanese Christmas buffet across the street. He feels better tonight than he has on a friday night in weeks. Must be the steroid that counteracts the poison. He might even feel like bringing up the Christmas boxes from the basement tomorrow! :scene: :blinky1: :merrytree:

Such wonderful news Jolly! I am so glad he's feeling better & can enjoy the weekend with you. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi Cay friends , cant believe how fast Christmas is coming . Having a great time here cooking , coffees and christmas music :smilecc: Next week going to the Mincepie morning at the British Consulate ,then the next day invited to a christmas girls night which i know will be fun . :snowwow: Trying to fit in looking for Christmas bargins for under the tree and still didnt make my Rocky Road chocolates yet :dinner: Blessings to you all at our favourite time of the year :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:23 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi Cay friends , cant believe how fast Christmas is coming . Having a great time here cooking , coffees and christmas music :smilecc: Next week going to the Mincepie morning at the British Consulate ,then the next day invited to a christmas girls night which i know will be fun . :snowwow: Trying to fit in looking for Christmas bargins for under the tree and still didnt make my Rocky Road chocolates yet :dinner: Blessings to you all at our favourite time of the year :smilecc:

Hi Tinseltown!

It's always a joy reading of your Christmas adventures. What fun to have so many parties to attend. And I appreciate you sharing them with all of us. Have a Merry time! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Searching for a great veggie dish to make for Christmas dinner. I ant to combine atleast 5 veggies and have a light sauce. Some of Bobby FLay's sound good [Food Network] but certain items not available in the southwest.

Still have a few Christmas cards for family to address. Other than that its just time to relax & enjoy everything. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:05 pm

Noel+ wrote:Searching for a great veggie dish to make for Christmas dinner. I ant to combine atleast 5 veggies and have a light sauce. Some of Bobby FLay's sound good [Food Network] but certain items not available in the southwest.

Still have a few Christmas cards for family to address. Other than that its just time to relax & enjoy everything. :smilecc:

You can try www.vegweb.com for vegan recipes. Not sure about a sauce though. They have alot of great recipes for Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:00 pm

Hey everybody! Sorry I've been absent for a while. Life has been very busy. But I've been blessed beyond measure. Our men's ministry has been serving many people this week and I've been blessed to be involved.

My shoulder is healing quickly and I am able to use it like normal most of the time.

A lot of houses are decorated and shining brightly for Christmas now. I love driving through town and seeing them all.

God bless you all!!!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:34 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Searching for a great veggie dish to make for Christmas dinner. I ant to combine atleast 5 veggies and have a light sauce. Some of Bobby FLay's sound good [Food Network] but certain items not available in the southwest.

You can try http://www.vegweb.com for vegan recipes. Not sure about a sauce though. They have alot of great recipes for Christmas!

Thanks Jolly. I'll definitely check it out! Veggies have to be scrumptioui at Christmas time :D in my family or they aren't eaten.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:35 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hey everybody! Sorry I've been absent for a while. Life has been very busy. But I've been blessed beyond measure. Our men's ministry has been serving many people this week and I've been blessed to be involved.

My shoulder is healing quickly and I am able to use it like normal most of the time.

A lot of houses are decorated and shining brightly for Christmas now. I love driving through town and seeing them all.

God bless you all!!!

:smilecc: So glad to know you are healing quickly and not impeded from enjoying the Christmas celebrations. Serving others fills the heart with joy -- especially at Christmastime! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:46 pm

:gbhouse: Missing traditional Christmas light displays on the houses in my area. Luminarias are popular in the southwest but they are not as beautiful as a house decorated with lights. Sigh. Maybe this week we'll drive to another area of town in search of lights! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:00 am

Noel+ wrote::gbhouse: Missing traditional Christmas light displays on the houses in my area. Luminarias are popular in the southwest but they are not as beautiful as a house decorated with lights. Sigh. Maybe this week we'll drive to another area of town in search of lights! :D

Wow, no lights in the SW? In San Antonio people do both, as well as create fake winer scenes in the yard. We are seeeing more and more balconies decorated now. It is my vision to one day turn the balcony into "Santa´s Workshop" even if no one will see it but us.

ON a sad note, I got an email notification today from my former job. One of the youth at the church has taken his own life. I ask for prayers for the Hernandez family in San Antonio. God will know who they are. Tragedies like these are made all the harder when they happen at Christmas time. Part of me wishes I were there in my old job. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:32 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote::gbhouse: Missing traditional Christmas light displays on the houses in my area. Luminarias are popular in the southwest but they are not as beautiful as a house decorated with lights. Sigh. Maybe this week we'll drive to another area of town in search of lights! :D

Wow, no lights in the SW? In San Antonio people do both, as well as create fake winer scenes in the yard. We are seeeing more and more balconies decorated now. It is my vision to one day turn the balcony into "Santa´s Workshop" even if no one will see it but us.

ON a sad note, I got an email notification today from my former job. One of the youth at the church has taken his own life. I ask for prayers for the Hernandez family in San Antonio. God will know who they are. Tragedies like these are made all the harder when they happen at Christmas time. Part of me wishes I were there in my old job. :scene:

Praying for the Hernandez Family..........its a tragic loss. May God comfort their crushed hearts and strengthen their walk daily. Thank you Jolly for letting us join in prayer for this precious family.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:36 am

Caught a bit of A Princess for Christmas last night. It looks cute. Have to watched again.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:17 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Caught a bit of A Princess for Christmas last night. It looks cute. Have to watched again.

It is a cute movie all little girls enjoy. And grown up girls like me too.

My new face this year is Christmas with Tucker. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hey everybody! Sorry I've been absent for a while. Life has been very busy. But I've been blessed beyond measure. Our men's ministry has been serving many people this week and I've been blessed to be involved.

God bless you all!!!

Same here Christmas Crazy , the lights are beautiful to see in the evening . Glad to hear that God is blessing you and healing that shoulder Amen :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Caught a bit of A Princess for Christmas last night. It looks cute. Have to watched again.

Hi Jolly we watched it last Christmas and its a great festive film ENJOY
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter