2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:43 am

2500 Posts!!!! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:44 am

To my delight, two more neighbors decorated their homes last night! :D They left the outdoor lights on all night and they left a cheery glow this morning. The glow of Christmas lights warms my soul! :gbhouse: :gbhouse:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:45 am

Up at 6am, dressed & waiting for Goodwill pickup. They come between 7am-6pm so it may be a long wait. So tidy up time before Christmas! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:47 am

Excited that my sister & I are having a "Sisters' Day" on Sunday after church. We're going to brunch & then see The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. Those of you who've posted with me for a year or more know Tolkien is one of my fave authors after C S Lewis. Christmastime fun! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:48 am

Merry Friday Christmas! I cannot believe I forgot my Christmas friends this morning. It is Santa Lucia here in Sweden. There were little torch cans along the streets when we waited for the bus, the busses and subway were less crowded because many people had to go in early for their kids Lucia programs and then the kids are free for Christmas break. So, it will be a bit empty at work for the next two weeks. Many take off between Dec 13 and Jan 13. Perky and I work until next Friday, the 20th, and then we are off until Jan. 6. It will be nice to relax. This weekend, however, is normal chores.

http://www.svtplay.se/video/1670628/del-3

There is the link to the Lucia program on tv if anyone is interested.

Glad Lucia!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:44 am

That was informstve -- thanks! Glad Lucia to you Jolly! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:21 pm

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 12 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Just ordered my lest Christmas gift! :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:59 am

It´s snowing again! It is a light snow and too soon to tell if we are going to have a White Christmas. Perky said he did not think so. I called him the Grinch. Good thing he is cute.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi everyone . Its quiet cold here ,4 degrees ,so it really feels like christmas is near . Wrapped some presents last night and put them round the tree ,lovely :scene: Cant believe how fast this month is going ,i love it so much :smilecc: :snowwow: :singing: :holly1: :dinner: :D
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:23 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:It´s snowing again! It is a light snow and too soon to tell if we are going to have a White Christmas. Perky said he did not think so. I called him the Grinch. Good thing he is cute.

:lol: You two are so cute! Wishing you that beautiful White Christmas my friend Jolly! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:24 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone . Its quiet cold here ,4 degrees ,so it really feels like christmas is near . Wrapped some presents last night and put them round the tree ,lovely :scene: Cant believe how fast this month is going ,i love it so much :smilecc: :snowwow: :singing: :holly1: :dinner: :D

So excited for you Tinseltown to have a White Christmas too! The tree always looks more festive with presents around it! ENJOY! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:25 pm

It's going to be 79F here on Monday so I'm keeping it cooler than normal in the house. Just need that slightly chilly feel at Christmas time! Thinking snow! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Hello everyone, been a lot going on around here lately, my wife came through her surgeries fine and everything seems to be going okay. We had our church Christmas dinner on Wednesday and it was fabulous our youth skit had everyone laughing which is always a good thing, had my youngest daughters 6th grade band concert on Thursday and it was so wonderful to see her playing and trying her best to do a good job. I have also thrown in concession stands for our band boosters during high school basketball games and just now I have finally had time to sit down and breath as well as talk to all the other CAYer's out there. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:30 am

ksrjreed wrote:Hello everyone, been a lot going on around here lately, my wife came through her surgeries fine and everything seems to be going okay. We had our church Christmas dinner on Wednesday and it was fabulous our youth skit had everyone laughing which is always a good thing, had my youngest daughters 6th grade band concert on Thursday and it was so wonderful to see her playing and trying her best to do a good job. I have also thrown in concession stands for our band boosters during high school basketball games and just now I have finally had time to sit down and breath as well as talk to all the other CAYer's out there. :smilecc:

Hi ksrjreed! :elfgrin:

You made my early Sunday morning -- it is great to have a Christmas update from you!

You are a very busy husband. father & youth pastor. The concession stands is a creative idea that I hope brings much needed benefit.

Just 10 days til Christmas! :magi:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:32 am

Woke up long before the alarm to a chilly southwest morning. That's perfect because we're going to be atleast 79F Monday. It definitely feels like Christmas when my bare feet hit the hardwood floor! Yay!

Today is also my 'Sister Day'! We are going to see The Desolation of Smaug. My sister has never been a reader but I talked her into seeing the first installment last year as a traditional Sister Day. So today should be great great fun. And she hasn't seen the house since the exterior paint. security door & windows were completed.

Most of all............grateful that Jesus pours out his grace on me every day!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Hey everybody! I am loving this Christmas season. Lots of fun activities with the family and friends.

Tonight we watched White Christmas. Love that movie.

Be blessed my friends.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:58 am

Merry Monday Christmas! Only 5 more working days until Christmas break! (or 4 depending on how you count today). We are so looking forward to the time off, and then of course, there is the Boxing Day Cruise! Perky got a phone call yesterday that one of my gifts has been "cancelled". He would not tell me what it was. I do not care. He buys and gives all year round, I do not need Christmas presents to be happy. Just time off, some movies, some music, good food, a few decorations, and my beautiful husband. I am blessed. :snowkiss: :merrygift: :merrysleigh:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hey everybody! I am loving this Christmas season. Lots of fun activities with the family and friends.

Tonight we watched White Christmas. Love that movie.

Be blessed my friends.

So happy to read your Christmas season is 'merry & bright' Christmas Crazy! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:42 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Monday Christmas! Only 5 more working days until Christmas break! (or 4 depending on how you count today). We are so looking forward to the time off, and then of course, there is the Boxing Day Cruise! Perky got a phone call yesterday that one of my gifts has been "cancelled". He would not tell me what it was. I do not care. He buys and gives all year round, I do not need Christmas presents to be happy. Just time off, some movies, some music, good food, a few decorations, and my beautiful husband. I am blessed. :snowkiss: :merrygift: :merrysleigh:

Very happy to read your countdown to time off is flying by at reindeer speed Jolly! I agree with your comment about not needing gifts. They are a nice extra --- but family is what we cherish, remember & miss most at Christmas time! ENJOY! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter