2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:33 pm

Just 5 days til Christmas!!!! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Noel+ wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:Good evening everyone! Merry Christmas! I am listening to Bing Crosby's "It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas" as I type.

I am finally feeling like I can truly enjoy the season. Despite the snow on the ground right now, I have been stressed most of the year because of my job search. But alas... I was offered a position at a wonderful school just today!!!! Finally a full time job with benefits!! I feel like I can finally take a breath again.

I love being here with you all! More to come. :blinky1:

CONGRATS! on your job kiwidogy!! Now that's an awesome Christmas present! Both you & Jolly received your Christmas miracles this year! :smilecc: :smilecc: :smilecc:

Noel, thank you! I am very relieved now. Just one more bittersweet day left at my old job, then I can enjoy a christmas break!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:44 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:WElcome back Kiwidogy! Congratulations on the job! This is the first Christmas in two years that we have both been working and it definitely makes life easier.

Today was much better than yesterday. Blood lab went well and ladies, caffeine free mammograms are definitely the way to go, I hardly felt a thing except for the last shot. I had more trouble with my arm and shoulder than the usual things. Glad that is over for me. Hubby has his drs appt tomorrow and will hopefully get the first chemo drug back, this new one is a doozy........

Tomorrow is our department Christmas dinner (julbord) at a restaurant and then HOPEFULLY, I am free! Of course, I keep thinking of all the work I should do over the holidays, but we need some time off. So looking forward to the Boxing Day Cruise. The ships should still be decorated for Christmas and it is ALOT cheaper than going Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

oh, I am listening to Christmas OTR on http://www.live365.com!

Jennifer, I am glad we both have jobs this Christmas as well! I hope all has gone well for your husband. Enjoy your cruise as well! It wounds like fun! Have a relaxing christmas!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:46 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:Good evening everyone! Merry Christmas! I am listening to Bing Crosby's "It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas" as I type.

I am finally feeling like I can truly enjoy the season. Despite the snow on the ground right now, I have been stressed most of the year because of my job search. But alas... I was offered a position at a wonderful school just today!!!! Finally a full time job with benefits!! I feel like I can finally take a breath again.

I love being here with you all! More to come. :blinky1:

CONGRATS! on your job kiwidogy!! Now that's an awesome Christmas present! Both you & Jolly received your Christmas miracles this year! :smilecc: :smilecc: :smilecc:

Noel, thank you! I am very relieved now. Just one more bittersweet day left at my old job, then I can enjoy a christmas break!

YES! YES! YES!
Just one more day, then, VACATION!!!
Image Image Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:24 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

Amen! Enjoy tomorrow as you prepare for your Christmas vacation! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:25 pm

The family is watching Christmas movies, eating chocolate covered carmels, and enjoying the season. My sister is in Pennsylvania for her Master Degree graduation [with honors] tomorrow. All is well & we are blessed! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:58 am

Enjoying a much needed day off from work today. Have a medical appt at 2:30 so cannot reallly get into any big chores, but that is okay. Tomorrow is our Lebanese Christmas Dinner date with a neighbor. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are just the two of us, but that is quite fine. After years of loud family gatherings, I rather enjoy the peace and quiet. Wishing all my Christmas friends a peaceful and productive last weekend before Christmas! Sadly, I think the only snow will be on the computer screen saver.

Merry Friday Christmas!

:merrysleigh: :snowkiss:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:49 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Enjoying a much needed day off from work today. Have a medical appt at 2:30 so cannot reallly get into any big chores, but that is okay. Tomorrow is our Lebanese Christmas Dinner date with a neighbor. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are just the two of us, but that is quite fine. After years of loud family gatherings, I rather enjoy the peace and quiet. Wishing all my Christmas friends a peaceful and productive last weekend before Christmas! Sadly, I think the only snow will be on the computer screen saver.

Merry Friday Christmas!

:merrysleigh: :snowkiss:

MERRY CHRISTMAS Friday - Jolly! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:58 am

:snowtree: Time to make the grocery list. Now, what can we have on Dec 23 (Tree Trimming night) that is festive but not nearly as much work as Christmas Eve or Christmas day? I have been trying to come up with something for a month. Swedes across the land will put up their trees and have a family celebration doing so. Ours is 4 ft tall and takes Perky about 20 minutes.
:treeclap: :treegifts:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:08 am

Noel+ wrote:The family is watching Christmas movies, eating chocolate covered carmels, and enjoying the season. My sister is in Pennsylvania for her Master Degree graduation [with honors] tomorrow. All is well & we are blessed! :smilecc:

Way to go sis! Hard work does pay off.
And a Christmas graduation to go with it. Nice.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:10 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote::snowtree: Time to make the grocery list. Now, what can we have on Dec 23 (Tree Trimming night) that is festive but not nearly as much work as Christmas Eve or Christmas day? I have been trying to come up with something for a month. Swedes across the land will put up their trees and have a family celebration doing so. Ours is 4 ft tall and takes Perky about 20 minutes.
:treeclap: :treegifts:

Have fun trimming your Christmas tree!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:11 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 5 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:09 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 5 days till Christmas! ..............

Merry Christmas Friday - Christmas Crazy! :gbhouse: :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:21 pm

:smilecc: Everyone seems to be busy preparing for the big day . Im off to a carol service at church then meeting hubby for a night out as he leaves tomorrow for Thessoloniki and comes back Christmas eve :smilecc: Tomorrow will go to the english shop thats opening just for christmas :shop: for my chocolates and christmas crackers !!! Tomorrow night going to a surprise birthday party and disco after ,when am i going to sleep :snowwow: Monday having some friends round for Christmas "nibbles " and tuesday more Christmas present shopping and collecting hubby from the airport :smilecc: We bought a 5 kilo turkey and and joint of beef for roasting for boxing day so i think im all set :dinner: New years day 18 people for dinner but thats to early to think about :smilecc: Hope you all having a great time at our favourite time of the year :snowwow: :scene: :smilecc: :holly1:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:26 pm

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/easiest-eg ... etail.aspx

Here is my annual posting of the homemade eggnog recipe. It is really simple and does not involve the stove. The only other egg nog I have had was the store bought stuff, so I have no idea how this compares. It has a good taste and reminds me of my grandmother´s "egg milk" she made year round. For Christmas she made home made hot chocolate.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:25 pm

tinseltown wrote::smilecc: Everyone seems to be busy preparing for the big day . Im off to a carol service at church then meeting hubby for a night out as he leaves tomorrow for Thessoloniki and comes back Christmas eve :smilecc: Tomorrow will go to the english shop thats opening just for christmas :shop: for my chocolates and christmas crackers !!! Tomorrow night going to a surprise birthday party and disco after ,when am i going to sleep :snowwow: Monday having some friends round for Christmas "nibbles " and tuesday more Christmas present shopping and collecting hubby from the airport :smilecc: We bought a 5 kilo turkey and and joint of beef for roasting for boxing day so i think im all set :dinner: New years day 18 people for dinner but thats to early to think about :smilecc: Hope you all having a great time at our favourite time of the year :snowwow: :scene: :smilecc: :holly1:

Your writing is so cheerful, tinseltown, that I an hear your Christmas joy! You have some wonderful activities planned these last 4 days before Christmas! Treasure every moment & make memories to last a lifetime of Christmas days!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:26 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/easiest-egg-nog/detail.aspx

Here is my annual posting of the homemade eggnog recipe. It is really simple and does not involve the stove. The only other egg nog I have had was the store bought stuff, so I have no idea how this compares. It has a good taste and reminds me of my grandmother´s "egg milk" she made year round. For Christmas she made home made hot chocolate.

Thanks Jolly. Oh how I love eggnog at Christmas! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:27 pm

What a busy morning of errands! First to complete MVD emissions testing & send in registration for 2014. Then pick up last minute food items for Christmas Day dinner recipes. I managed not to buy chocolate covered cherries.........just barely! LOL! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter