CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:49 pm

Noel, I hope you have many opportunities to expel all that energy you will get from the sugary Christmas treats! Yummy yummy! Enjoy the quiet weekend away!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:52 am

Merry Friday Christmas! Next Friday we are off on an "I survived Spring Registration" cruise. Looking ahead, we are thinking of taking another short cruise in Feb, staying at a hotel for my birthday in March, taking a 4 day Midsummer cruise in June, and going to Ireland, the land of my ancestors in July. I love living in Europe! travel is so much "cheaper" than in the US and having two jobs is the best Christmas present ever!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:02 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 343 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:04 am

49 weeks till Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:44 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, I hope you have many opportunities to expel all that energy you will get from the sugary Christmas treats! Yummy yummy! Enjoy the quiet weekend away!

Thanks Kiwi. We ate crispy treats for breakfast in the car & arrived 40 minutes ago. The snowy landscape takes my breath away! The cabin is a bit rustic for my DH but I just love it. We're off to the slopes now.

Wishing you a great weekend Kiwi. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:47 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Friday Christmas! Next Friday we are off on an "I survived Spring Registration" cruise. Looking ahead, we are thinking of taking another short cruise in Feb, staying at a hotel for my birthday in March, taking a 4 day Midsummer cruise in June, and going to Ireland, the land of my ancestors in July. I love living in Europe! travel is so much "cheaper" than in the US and having two jobs is the best Christmas present ever!

Your Christmas dream jobs are opening up a world of travel Holly's. Awesome plans. So would love Ireland! Enjoy this weekend planning for your cruise next weekend. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:47 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:49 weeks till Christmas!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS Friday CC! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:54 pm

Smuggling up in front of the firrplacing & drinking hot cocoa. The temperature is stopping as snowflakes fall. I never want to leave this cabin. Christmas steams! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:05 pm

Noel, it is the perfect night for snuggling in front of a fire and Christmas tree here... It is wind chill of -20 degrees! Have a lovely evening!
Last edited by kiwidogy_max on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:03 am

Noel+ wrote:Smuggling up in front of the firrplacing & drinking hot cocoa. The temperature is stopping as snowflakes fall. I never want to leave this cabin. Christmas steams! :snowwow:

sounds super Christmas cozy.

After reviewing our budget, we decided that we cannot do both the Midsummer Cruise and the Dream trip to Ireland, so Ireland wins since it is also my 50th birthday present. I told Perky he cannot wear his Christmas in July hawaiian shirt if we are on vacation in Ireland (a ship is one thing, but..........). He said it would be Christmas in July whereever we were. He is too Christmas cute. We can take the Christmas coffee with us. I have both Swedish and San Antonio so we can share some of "home" with our hostess who also lives most of the year in San Antonio. Also checking if my cousin, who lives in Belgium, wants to join us.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:19 pm

Just stopping by for a quick update. I am already exhausted from a day of snow hiking. My sugar-high kiddos & DH are still playing in the snow. I am warming by the fire and then time to order pizza! Yes they deliver in a blizzard! I am in snow heaven! :D :D :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:30 am

Jolly, I have wanted to go to Ireland for a while to look for some O'Sullivan relatives. There have to be some over there right? The castles and countryside look amazing!

A Christmas Hawaiian shirt in Ireland... That combination just made my brain explode! Sounds like fun!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:32 am

Noel, snow hiking would be fun! I can't wait to get out again on my snowshoes! A roaring fire afterwards would make for a perfect Christmassy ending to the day.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:34 am

I just got back from celebrating our second Christmas with my family. My brother and his wife came up from Connecticut. It was a blast having everyone together again! We also celebrated my dad and brother's birthday!

The Christmas tree was still up!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:15 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I just got back from celebrating our second Christmas with my family. My brother and his wife came up from Connecticut. It was a blast having everyone together again! We also celebrated my dad and brother's birthday!

The Christmas tree was still up!

That's Christmas Kiwi! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:33 am

using the slow cooker for the first time today. Making Southern Chicken and Hot Slaw in honor of MLK day. 2 1/2 hrs prep work for both of us, this particular recipe is as much work at Christmas dinner. Hope it turns out well!

Have invited some British friends for Christmas, we shall see if we have Company this year! Could be fun.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:28 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Jolly, I have wanted to go to Ireland for a while to look for some O'Sullivan relatives. There have to be some over there right? The castles and countryside look amazing!

A Christmas Hawaiian shirt in Ireland... That combination just made my brain explode! Sounds like fun!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ST-PATRICK-S- ... 46322abe88

It's not exactly Christmas, but I did find a St. Patrick's Hawaiian shirt on ebay. Unfortunately, it is only a size L and Perky is a huggable size 3X. But I shall keep looking! :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:11 am

Jolly, we all are more huggable this time of year after Christmas goodies!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:12 pm

Sadly we are on our way home. I already miss the scent of pine & fir trees ....the snow covered forest....the silence of all but Gods's nature.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:58 pm

I was shoveling the driveway today and caught the scent of our Christmas tree which is leaned up against the garage. I was a little sad.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter