CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:24 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I was shoveling the driveway today and caught the scent of our Christmas tree which is leaned up against the garage. I was a little sad.

Now home I immediately turned on the wax melts in fir scent!

Try it or candles Kiwi. It helps. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:36 am

Woohoo! We have decided on flying into Dublin and driving across Ireland. We have also invited British friends for Christmas, they have not said yes yet, but we are hoping.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:51 am

Noel, I do keep my Christmas tree candles out downstairs in the "man cave." I was also going to slice up pieces of the Christmas tree trunk to hang throughout the workshop part of the basement. I love that smell!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:30 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, I do keep my Christmas tree candles out downstairs in the "man cave." I was also going to slice up pieces of the Christmas tree trunk to hang throughout the workshop part of the basement. I love that smell!

In San Antonio, you can get Christmas tree mulch in the spring either free or for not too much. The ex used to spread it in the yard. WE also used some pot pouri (sp) with a pin scent since I was allergic to real trees in the house.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:05 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Woohoo! We have decided on flying into Dublin and driving across Ireland. We have also invited British friends for Christmas, they have not said yes yet, but we are hoping.

Great Christmas plans Jolly!

:smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:06 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, I do keep my Christmas tree candles out downstairs in the "man cave." I was also going to slice up pieces of the Christmas tree trunk to hang throughout the workshop part of the basement. I love that smell!

Good! Great postChristmas idea Kiwi. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:38 am

Listening to Christmas music this morning as I clean, hope everyone had a great Christmas, I haven't been on here that much do to schedule and such, but that's the life of an adult. I will admit I didn't have that great of a Christmas, it seem to just fly by faster this year than any other year I can remember, also I just didn't have that Christmas spirit like I normally have. Anyway, I have made it my goal this year to find that spirit again and to keep Christmas in my own way and to have that Christmas feeling in my heart all year. Hope everyone has a great day and may Christmas be with you. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:51 am

Question: When does "post-Christmas" become "pre-Christmas"?

What I mean is when do most of you truly start planning out your Christmas holiday?

As most long time users on this site know, I have put my tree up on September 15th (100 days till Christmas) since my oldest was in elementary school. So our planning for the whole Christmas season actually starts in June, that's when I start checking lights, making sure no decorations were damaged over the spring and summer. I use to have a planner that was for Christmas all year and how to plan for this time of the year and what to do each month leading up to it. Just wanted to know everyone else's preparations and when they start.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:29 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Question: When does "post-Christmas" become "pre-Christmas"?

What I mean is when do most of you truly start planning out your Christmas holiday?

As most long time users on this site know, I have put my tree up on September 15th (100 days till Christmas) since my oldest was in elementary school. So our planning for the whole Christmas season actually starts in June, that's when I start checking lights, making sure no decorations were damaged over the spring and summer. I use to have a planner that was for Christmas all year and how to plan for this time of the year and what to do each month leading up to it. Just wanted to know everyone else's preparations and when they start.

Great yo hear from you ksrjreed! You've bren missed.

I start my planning after Christmas in July. I'm in the mood because temps are usually over 125F & it keeps me focused on blessing other people. I device a meal plan & prep menus. And then I plan when yo get out the decorations. They go op the day after thanksgiving but its s lot of work yo get them in one place.

My fave plans are for Operation Christmas Child & gifts. Oh and budgeting is a must.

To keep Christmas all year I to one devotion on its Christchild daily. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:26 pm

I was listening to Michael Buble on the way home from work today. It is hard not to be in the Christmas spirit still when it's 5 degrees out!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:27 pm

I am also intrigued to hear everyone's Christmas planning.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:41 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I was listening to Michael Buble on the way home from work today. It is hard not to be in the Christmas spirit still when it's 5 degrees out!

It was 68 degrees here today. It was hard not to get Spring fever. But winter will be back in a few days. I just wish Christmas could come back with it. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:12 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I was listening to Michael Buble on the way home from work today. It is hard not to be in the Christmas spirit still when it's 5 degrees out!

It was 68 degrees here today. It was hard not to get Spring fever. But winter will be back in a few days. I just wish Christmas could come back with it. :D

Its going to be 80 by the weekend. :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:38 am

Since we have already invited friends for next Christmas, I guess we have already started planning. Normally there is not much "planning" involved. We decorate around the same time. I do my part, Perky does the Swedish lights for First Advent and puts up the tree on the requisite day, Dec. 23. We eat the same things, etc. This past year was more planning because we were away. It was too much. I find I like our nice quiet Christmasses with just the two of us. But I teased hubby that we needed to invite people in to force us to finish the rennovations on the "new" (now in for 1 year) apartment. We moved, he got sick, then we just sort of stopped. It will give us a purpose and we have not seen these particular friends since our wedding in 2008. Way too long! He said if they come we will have a Swedish Christmas eve, an American Christmas day, and British Boxing day. He is too Christmas cute.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:39 am

The car is booked for Ireland! The first step in our Christmas in July holiday. We have both Swedish Christmas coffee and San Antonio Christmas coffee to take to Ireland. My friend won't know what hit her.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Puternut » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:20 pm

It's over everything put away, but just beginning for 2015, we are already planning this years display, not to mention shopping online for numerous new outside decorations and Lights! at our house )It's all about the lights, bout the lights) :whistle: LOL so my question is have any of you tried the new LED fairy lights? we just bought a bunch of them, to replace some of our incandescent since we have had a few power overload problems. Would be interested to hear any comments about them. We got the good ones so other strings can be connected to each other, not the ones with only a plug end.
Puternut
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:58 am

Woohoo! Today is my Friday! Overnight cruise tomorrow, home on Saturady. It is our makeup for missing our annual post Christmas Boxing Day Cruise. Also trying to straighten out a problem with hotels.com, it seems one of my reservations did not go through, yet my paypal account was charged. Lesson Learned: don't use paypal for these things. This is no Christmas fun.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:58 am

Puternut, we have changed every light in the house, including Christmas lights, to LED and it has made a big difference in the amount of power we use. While I cannot testify specifically to the LED fairy lights, I can say that lights we have used look just as good as the originals. And supposedly they will last for as long as we would ever use them!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:00 am

Jolly, have fun on your quick little post-Christmas getaway this weekend! I an envious that you live in a place where it is easy to hop on a cruise for just a short little weekend trip!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:20 am

http://www.terranovaholidays.com.au/HTM ... y2015.html

This trip is on my Christmas in July bucket list. The dates for this year's Christmas in July will be 16-26, most of which will be spent in Ireland. But we can have some fun a few days before we go and wind up on Sunday the week after. We will probably continue our annual summer Christmas viewing the following week.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter