CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:21 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 308 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:47 am

44 weeks til Christmas!! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:05 am

Hello Everyone! Just checking in from the great frozen South. For the past week we've had about an inch of sleet on the ground with a little snow to cover it. Freezing rain this morning changing to all rain this afternoon. It's gonna warm enough to thaw us out this weekend just in time for more frozen Yuck next week. We don't have it as bad as some though. Just wish this would hold off until next Christmas. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:13 am

CandyKane wrote:Hello Everyone! Just checking in from the great frozen South. For the past week we've had about an inch of sleet on the ground with a little snow to cover it. Freezing rain this morning changing to all rain this afternoon. It's gonna warm enough to thaw us out this weekend just in time for more frozen Yuck next week. We don't have it as bad as some though. Just wish this would hold off until next Christmas. :smilecc:

I agree. Bring on the snow at Christmas time. :snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:38 pm

CandyKane wrote:Hello Everyone! Just checking in from the great frozen South. For the past week we've had about an inch of sleet on the ground with a little snow to cover it. Freezing rain this morning changing to all rain this afternoon. It's gonna warm enough to thaw us out this weekend just in time for more frozen Yuck next week. We don't have it as bad as some though. Just wish this would hold off until next Christmas. :smilecc:

Hi CC! Glad to know you are safe despite the blizzard. Lets hope for s white Christmas instead.

:D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:59 pm

We didn't get any snow this Winter until this last weekend. And we got way more sleet and ice than anything. It's packed and frozen tight and almost impossible to walk outside. I had to ride our four wheeler to the mailbox and to feed our chickens and rabbits in the backyard. We have 2 cows and their calves penned in the barn and the water froze at the barn first thing so I have to take water to them. Hubby's putting out round bales of hay and some grain for the other cows and horses right now. It's been a full time job just taking care of everything. But it could always be worse. We are very blessed to live here. And it's given me a chance to catch up on my favorite Christmas forum. :elfgrin: :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:21 pm

CandyKane wrote:We didn't get any snow this Winter until this last weekend. And we got way more sleet and ice than anything. It's packed and frozen tight and almost impossible to walk outside. I had to ride our four wheeler to the mailbox and to feed our chickens and rabbits in the backyard. We have 2 cows and their calves penned in the barn and the water froze at the barn first thing so I have to take water to them. Hubby's putting out round bales of hay and some grain for the other cows and horses right now. It's been a full time job just taking care of everything. But it could always be worse. We are very blessed to live here. And it's given me a chance to catch up on my favorite Christmas forum. :elfgrin: :scene:

I grew up on a farm & know what hard work is required to keep the animals alive & safe. Kudos to hour hard working farmer hubby! And its so nice to have you back at CAY. You've Bern missed. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:38 pm

Thanks Noel! Good to be back at my Christmas home. :scene: Love the countdown. I can't believe how fast this year is flying by! :jump:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:16 am

Just making some last day preparations for the cruise. The plane leaves this afternoon! I will be excited to go somewhere where the temperature stats above zero for more than a few hours. I am ready for the COLD to be over! I just hope nobody is blinded by how pale I will look in my bathing suite!!! Christmas wishes to everyone!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:21 am

Your cruise sounds fabulous Kiwi! Enjoy your break from Winter. :snowman1:
We woke up this morning to thunder, lightening, and heavy rain. The rain has slowed some but temps will stay above freezing all day so it should make a big dent in all this ice. Planning to head out in a while to go shopping and maybe go and visit Dad today. Hope all my Christmas friends have a wonderful Saturday! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:29 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Just making some last day preparations for the cruise. The plane leaves this afternoon! I will be excited to go somewhere where the temperature stats above zero for more than a few hours. I am ready for the COLD to be over! I just hope nobody is blinded by how pale I will look in my bathing suite!!! Christmas wishes to everyone!

Wishing a safe & warm cruise Kiwi. Enjoy the tropics. Maybe you'll find some early Christmas gifts! Take lots of pictures to share with us. Bin Voyage!
:D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:32 am

CandyKane wrote:Your cruise sounds fabulous Kiwi! Enjoy your break from Winter. :snowman1:
We woke up this morning to thunder, lightening, and heavy rain. The rain has slowed some but temps will stay above freezing all day so it should make a big dent in all this ice. Planning to head out in a while to go shopping and maybe go and visit Dad today. Hope all my Christmas friends have a wonderful Saturday! :smilecc:

Enjoy the ice melting & drive carefully CK. What a nice surprise visit for your Dad! :D. Hoping your Saturday feels Christmasy as the landscape unfreesses.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:31 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, the cruise is 7 nights. Can't wait! A late Christmas present on the seas!

That sounds like Christmas heaven!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:34 am

We're back! Had a great time at Trollvinter and an even better time at a Viking themed restaurant in Åbo/Turku. We were tired of buffets and asked the hotel for a local recommendation, it was possibly the best meal I have had in my Life. Spring seems to be on the way as when we returned to Stockholm all the old snow had been taken up and the roads scraped. I guess Christmas really is over. I Think this has been the shortest Swedish Winter since I got here 8 years ago.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:14 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:We're back! Had a great time at Trollvinter and an even better time at a Viking themed restaurant in Åbo/Turku. We were tired of buffets and asked the hotel for a local recommendation, it was possibly the best meal I have had in my Life. Spring seems to be on the way as when we returned to Stockholm all the old snow had been taken up and the roads scraped. I guess Christmas really is over. I Think this has been the shortest Swedish Winter since I got here 8 years ago.

So glad your trip was awesome Jolly. And the beet meal ever!! Wounds like a perfect place for a Christmas meal. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:26 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:We're back! Had a great time at Trollvinter and an even better time at a Viking themed restaurant in Åbo/Turku. We were tired of buffets and asked the hotel for a local recommendation, it was possibly the best meal I have had in my Life. Spring seems to be on the way as when we returned to Stockholm all the old snow had been taken up and the roads scraped. I guess Christmas really is over. I Think this has been the shortest Swedish Winter since I got here 8 years ago.

So glad your trip was awesome Jolly. And the beet meal ever!! Wounds like a perfect place for a Christmas meal. :D

Yes, hubby said we have to go back Three times a year, Swedish midwinter in december, Finnish midwinter in January, and Trollvinter in February. He also said we have to visit all Finnish locations around the country (turns out the restaurant is a chain). I said that is alot of Christmas feasting and wouldn't it be easier to try to convince them to open a Stockholm location? :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:59 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Yes, hubby said we have to go back Three times a year, Swedish midwinter in december, Finnish midwinter in January, and Trollvinter in February. He also said we have to visit all Finnish locations around the country (turns out the restaurant is a chain). I said that is alot of Christmas feasting and wouldn't it be easier to try to convince them to open a Stockholm location? :dinner:

I'm with both of you'

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:08 pm

The warm up is much slower than expected so I put off my shopping and went to visit my Dad. I got his grocery list so I'll pick up what he needs tomorrow. I'll take his stuff to him and hubby will put out hay for him. It worries me when he feeds by himself. I'm always afraid he'll get hurt. I'm a worrier :| it's above freezing now and the ice is really coming down off the house and the trees. After a week of it I'm ready to see it go. Even though it has looked like so beautiful Christmas card outside. :snowhouse:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:30 pm

CandyKane wrote:The warm up is much slower than expected so I put off my shopping and went to visit my Dad. I got his grocery list so I'll pick up what he needs tomorrow. I'll take his stuff to him and hubby will put out hay for him. It worries me when he feeds by himself. I'm always afraid he'll get hurt. I'm a worrier :| it's above freezing now and the ice is really coming down off the house and the trees. After a week of it I'm ready to see it go. Even though it has looked like so beautiful Christmas card outside. :snowhouse:

Feeding is a big job & if my dad was alive I'd worry about him too. You're more a good daughter then s worried in this situation. And don't we always worry about those we live? I know I do.Hopefully it will be prettier when the ice is all gone. The last hurrah of Christmas.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:50 pm

I've been looking through my gardening magazines and dreaming about Spring. :sleephat:
This is the link to make a tomato cage Christmas card holder. I am so gonna make this. :D
http://blog.christmaslightsetc.com/diy/ ... tmas-tree/

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter