CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:44 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Just a quick note to my Christmas friends, I cannot even share this on facebook due to family issues. My former father in law passed away. He was in his 80's, had lung cancer and alzheimers and a number of things and had not been himself for many years. But I was able to see him before I moved to Sweden. In many ways, I was closer to my former inlaws than my parents. Have to get the crying done before I go home, not sure hubby understands.

:cry: I sm so very sorry for your miss Jolly. What a blessing your father-in-law had your love all this time. May angels comfort & strengthen you. Hugs.

I had kept my former name until my second marriage not because I hoped to get back together, but because I loved and respected my inlaws so much and it was much "better" than my maiden name. They are now together again and celebrating Christmas with the Savior.

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law Jolly.
He will be having the best Christmas' ever with the greatest Gift ever.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:08 am

276 Days till we decorate for Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:43 am

Only 304 days left until Christmas! Yay! :rockettes:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:47 am

This is the warmest morning we have had in over 2 weeks. A whopping 20 degrees. After the temps we've had it kinda feels like Spring. :snowwow: Just hoping we see some sun today. 8-)
I cooked the best breakfast this morning. Chocolate gravy, homemade biscuits and sausage. It was so good I might just make it again for supper. :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:49 pm

CandyKane wrote:This is the warmest morning we have had in over 2 weeks. A whopping 20 degrees. After the temps we've had it kinda feels like Spring. :snowwow: Just hoping we see some sun today. 8-)
I cooked the best breakfast this morning. Chocolate gravy, homemade biscuits and sausage. It was so good I might just make it again for supper. :elfgrin:

:D
:dinner: Oh yum CC! You've given me the same idea for dinner. Enjoy your almost-Spring day'

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:49 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:276 Days till we decorate for Christmas!!!

I can't wait! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:54 pm

My brother will be Herr tomorrow to spend the night with us. Before dawn Thursday morning he leaves for a missions trip to Mynamar. We have precious native friends there that he will fellowship with again. So far God has provided for many years this yearly trip. Still Mynamar is a dangerous place for Christians & Americans. I so look forward yo our visit tomorrow. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:55 pm

10 months from today it is Christmas Eve!!!! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:00 pm

Noel+ wrote:My brother will be Herr tomorrow to spend the night with us. Before dawn Thursday morning he leaves for a missions trip to Mynamar. We have precious native friends there that he will fellowship with again. So far God has provided for many years this yearly trip. Still Mynamar is a dangerous place for Christians & Americans. I so look forward yo our visit tomorrow. :D

Enjoy your visit Noel! The world is a very dangerous place. Your brother is a very special person and missions work is so important. I'm praying for a safe trip. :angelpray:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:37 am

Noel+ wrote:10 months from today it is Christmas Eve!!!! :scene:

oh yeah, I forgot about "Rudolph Day". It should be easy to remember as the 25th of the month is Swedish payday. Makes it feel sort of like Christmas! :rudolph1:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:33 pm

Waiting for my brother to arrive & çhecking in with my CAY friends.

Thank you CandyCane tor your thoughts & words.
:D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:24 am

My brother is waiting for the airport shuttle & I'm reflecting on our great visit. It almost felt like Christmas Eve. Going back to bed for a nap since its hours before dawn. :sleephat:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:23 am

So glad you enjoyed your visit Noel. I will keep your brother in my prayers. :holly1:
The ice has melted a lot the last 2 days but it's not gonna get above freezing today. We have another chance for snow this weekend although it's looking like it might be all rain. I've been thinking a lot about Christmas. I'd like to do my main party here at home on December 23rd. Then we can enjoy a quiet Christmas Eve at home and leave Christmas Day open for parents and siblings. It's never too early to plan for Christmas! :santadance:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:24 am

Only 302 days left until Christmas! :peek:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:21 pm

CandyKane wrote:So glad you enjoyed your visit Noel. I will keep your brother in my prayers. :holly1:
The ice has melted a lot the last 2 days but it's not gonna get above freezing today. We have another chance for snow this weekend although it's looking like it might be all rain. I've been thinking a lot about Christmas. I'd like to do my main party here at home on December 23rd. Then we can enjoy a quiet Christmas Eve at home and leave Christmas Day open for parents and siblings. It's never too early to plan for Christmas! :santadance:

That sounds like an excellent Christmas plan! Here in Sweden, Dec 23 is called "Little Christmas Eve" and is the time when the family gathers to decorate the Christmas tree. I can see now that my own families tradition of Cold Cuts and chips and dip was a very distant cousin of the Swedish smörgåsbord served on Christmas eve. My first husband was not a fan of sandwiches, so I started fixing a hot dish to take along, then we started having lasagna because it was something that could be put in the oven and cooked while we were at Church. THEN it finally dawned on me that as the time to get together got later and later that no one needed to be eating lasagna at 11 pm, so we Went back to tradition and had coldcuts, chips, dips, et. The Clean up was SO MUCH easier, like 30 minutes, that we wondered why we had gotten so elaborate. In my new Life, we have the Swedish smörgasbord on Christmas eve and a semi american meal with turkey and leftover smörgåsbord on Christmas day. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:17 pm

After almost 2 full weeks hubby's back to work today. This weather has really put him behind on his jobs but it's been nice having him around the house. I am officially sick of Winter. I can't even imagine how tough it's been on those on the East Coast...especially Boston. Dreaming of Spring while keeping Christmas in my heart. :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:27 pm

CandyKane wrote:So glad you enjoyed your visit Noel. I will keep your brother in my prayers. :holly1:

:D Thanks for your thoughtful prayers for my brother.

And I agree it is never too early for Christmas plans!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:30 pm

CandyKane wrote:After almost 2 full weeks hubby's back to work today. This weather has really put him behind on his jobs but it's been nice having him around the house. I am officially sick of Winter. I can't even imagine how tough it's been on those on the East Coast...especially Boston. Dreaming of Spring while keeping Christmas in my heart. :rabstar:

Sending our 80+ temps your wintry way with Spring wishes! :flake:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:34 pm

Jolly my inlaws have a huge formal Christmas Eve dinner after candlelight communion too. Then they have a huge breakfast at 8am. I grew up with the big dinner on Christmas day afternoon. We rotate each year but I prefer a simpler snack on the night before Christmas too. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:55 am

Merry Friday Christmas! :smilecc: Its 9 degrees this morning but the sun is shining and that makes everything better. They changed our rain chance to snow and moved it up until tonight so I'm getting out of the house today and running errands. I'm gonna go have lunch with my Dad and spend some time with him. Have a great day everyone! :snowball:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter