CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby CandyKane » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:57 am

Only 301 days left until Christmas! :bell1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:14 am

Merry Friday Christmas!
I am seriously contemplating a trip to Texas for the funeral of my former father in law. It sounds crazy and normally I do not do "crazy" things, so I am praying for either peace or direction. My husband is unable to go due to a drs appointment on Monday, March 9. They are next to impossible to reschedule on this side of the world. On the other hand, I keep thinking of all the Christmas shopping I can do without him. Unite with me in prayer for a firm decision. Strangely enough, time and money are not problems.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:20 pm

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 301 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:03 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Friday Christmas!
I am seriously contemplating a trip to Texas for the funeral of my former father in law. It sounds crazy and normally I do not do "crazy" things, so I am praying for either peace or direction. My husband is unable to go due to a drs appointment on Monday, March 9. They are next to impossible to reschedule on this side of the world. On the other hand, I keep thinking of all the Christmas shopping I can do without him. Unite with me in prayer for a firm decision. Strangely enough, time and money are not problems.

:flake:
Jolly you are in my prayers. Go with peace! Hugs.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:06 pm

CandyKane wrote:Merry Friday Christmas! :smilecc: Its 9 degrees this morning but the sun is shining and that makes everything better. They changed our rain chance to snow and moved it up until tonight so I'm getting out of the house today and running errands. I'm gonna go have lunch with my Dad and spend some time with him. Have a great day everyone! :snowball:

:flake: So glad you have sunshine & can enjoy time with hour dad! Enjoy. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:44 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:49 am

All the kids are coming home from college today and we are celebrating my oldest son's 22nd birthday today.
Wow, time sure does fly. It was just a few Christmas' ago he was a newborn.

:snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:00 am

After much consideration, we have decided that both of us will go to San Antonio for my former father in law's funeral. We are doing this in lieu of Ireland this summer. It will be like a Christmas reunion.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

:smilecc: :snowjump: :santadance: :ornasmile:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:08 pm

It started snowing yesterday afternoon. A really light snow. And now we have about 2 inches on the ground. :pile: Its still snowing with more coming. I'm just so thankful that it's snow and not ice. :flake: :snowman1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:15 pm

:holly1:
Christmas Crazy wrote:All the kids are coming home from college today and we are celebrating my oldest son's 22nd birthday today.
Wow, time sure does fly. It was just a few Christmas' ago he was a newborn.

:snowwow:

:holly1: That's wonderful Christmas Crazy! Family gatherings are the beet. Make brest new memories!
:D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:18 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:After much consideration, we have decided that both of us will go to San Antonio for my former father in law's funeral. We are doing this in lieu of Ireland this summer. It will be like a Christmas reunion.

:holly1: Blessings Jolly! The Lord is guiding you & Perky. Despite the sadness I hope you find genuine joy being with family. Hugs!

When do you leave? :think:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:20 pm

CandyKane wrote:It started snowing yesterday afternoon. A really light snow. And now we have about 2 inches on the ground. :pile: Its still snowing with more coming. I'm just so thankful that it's snow and not ice. :flake: :snowman1:

:snowwow: Enjoy the pretty snow CK! May it bring back Christmas memories that warm the heart. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:50 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:After much consideration, we have decided that both of us will go to San Antonio for my former father in law's funeral. We are doing this in lieu of Ireland this summer. It will be like a Christmas reunion.

:holly1: Blessings Jolly! The Lord is guiding you & Perky. Despite the sadness I hope you find genuine joy being with family. Hugs!

When do you leave? :think:

We will leave thursday, March 5 and come back on Monday, March 9 arriving on Tuesday March 10 due to the time difference. I have to be back at work on the 11th. It is a Quick trip. We will see family, attend the funeral, and do a Little bit of shopping for funeral clothes and grocery items we cannot get here. Not nearly as much as we did at Christmas, though. :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:34 pm

Thanks for the update Jolly. You are in our thoughts & prayers. Hugs.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:10 am

Only 299 days left until Christmas! :santagifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:13 am

We got more snow overnight :flake: topped off with freezing rain. :snowwow: It's a nasty mess out there. I'm looking forward to a lazy day around the house. :muffs:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:28 am

CandyKane wrote:We got more snow overnight :flake: topped off with freezing rain. :snowwow: It's a nasty mess out there. I'm looking forward to a lazy day around the house. :muffs:

Sounds like the perfect day for some Christmas Movies and hot chocolate. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
CandyKane wrote:We got more snow overnight :flake: topped off with freezing rain. :snowwow: It's a nasty mess out there. I'm looking forward to a lazy day around the house. :muffs:

Sounds like the perfect day for some Christmas Movies and hot chocolate. :scene:

:scene: I'll toast yo that Christmas wish.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:48 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:

:scene: I'll toast yo that Christmas wish.

Perky pointed out some spring buds at the univ campus on Friday and the gnats are definitely making a come back. Hoping we do not have any weather delays on our emergency trip to Texas. Aside from the sad circumstances, I am looking forward to it as if it were Christmas Eve. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter