CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:25 am

MERRY MONDAY!!

We were expecting rain & cooler temps yesterday/today but the storm averted town. Oh well....we're singing jingle bells' :singing:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:27 am

Swedish pilots may go on strike March 4. That is no Christmas fun! Pray for successful flights and getting into SA on time!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:01 am

Noel+ wrote:MERRY MONDAY!!

We were expecting rain & cooler temps yesterday/today but the storm averted town. Oh well....we're singing jingle bells' :singing:

Merry Monday Noel. Hooray for your cooler temps.
We're warming up to your cooler temps this week. 60's and 70's!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:02 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Swedish pilots may go on strike March 4. That is no Christmas fun! Pray for successful flights and getting into SA on time!

Let's hope they still have some leftover Christmas cheer and get things resolved quickly.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:17 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Swedish pilots may go on strike March 4. That is no Christmas fun! Pray for successful flights and getting into SA on time!

Let's hope they still have some leftover Christmas cheer and get things resolved quickly.

Yes, or we might need a post Christmas ride in Santa's sleigh. :merrysleigh: :snowdeer:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:32 am

Only 298 days left until Christmas!!! :snowdeer:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:36 am

Cold and dreary today, sunshine and 70 degrees tomorrow, and a Winter storm for Wednesday. Geeesh! :| The only good news is next weeks forecast looks like Spring. :D Hopefully this will be our last bout of Winter. :snovel:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:35 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:MERRY MONDAY!!

Merry Monday Noel. Hooray for your cooler temps.
We're warming up to your cooler temps this week. 60's and 70's!

Thanks CC! & taboo for your coming warm up.
:smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:37 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

Yes, or we might need a post Christmas ride in Santa's sleigh. :merrysleigh: :snowdeer:

Or maybe Rudolph would give you a ride?! Fingers crossed they do not strike.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:39 pm

CandyKane wrote:Cold and dreary today, sunshine and 70 degrees tomorrow, and a Winter storm for Wednesday. Geeesh! :| The only good news is next weeks forecast looks like Spring. :D Hopefully this will be our last bout of Winter. :snovel:

:flake: Time old man winter took a long nap in your part of the country! Here's to next weeks warming trend. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Puternut » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:48 pm

Mid 80's all week here got AC on LOL
Puternut
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:34 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

Or maybe Rudolph would give you a ride?! Fingers crossed they do not strike.

funny, I have been trying to Think of a fun low key way to celebrate "Rudolph" day every month. I Think I will try to find some cute reindeer christmas socks online. Who knows I might even pick some up in SA in the after after christmas sales. :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:25 pm

Puternut wrote:Mid 80's all week here got AC on LOL

:lol: That will be us too by the end of the week Puternut! Here's to Christmasy weather.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:06 am

Hoping the pilots catch the Christmas spirit and end the strike quickly. Norwegian airline pilots went on strike today and it has been said that the Swedish Pilots Union may join them "in sympathy". We have read that if the flight is cancelled or delayed by 5 or more hours we are entitled to 100% refund, so we have decided that shall be our measurement since we have a "timed event" we are headed to and a very short turn around time to be back. I got an affirming message from my former sister in law welcoming "me" (hopefully "us") to the service, so that made me feel better. I have made quiet inquiries as to whether it would be okay for Perky to attend with me. The ex and I have now been divorced for 11 years and both remarried (although he has since divorced again). I am thinking we can all be cordial and share the Christmas spirit. I look forward to seeing my ex's nieces again as we were close when they were growing up. It will also be nice to see my family again so soon. My 50th birthday is this month and it will be nice to at least see family during my birthday month. I am thinking of buying over the hill decorations for the family dinner. hee hee.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:47 am

Jolly I certainly hope & pray the pilot strike doesn't interfere with your trip! You can be s peace ambassador yo these family members & imagine they will be glad to know you have Perky in hour life. Take the Swedish Christmas with you! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:26 am

:snowday: Another snow day. Actually it's more of a rain, sleet, and ice day but we'll see snow eventually. Christmasy weather for sure. What to do today? :think:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:28 am

Only 296 days left until Christmas!!! :treeclap:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:55 pm

CandyKane wrote::snowday: Another snow day. Actually it's more of a rain, sleet, and ice day but we'll see snow eventually. Christmasy weather for sure. What to do today? :think:

:holly1: Love your Christmasy mood in this winter-mix weather. Hope its a good one CK!

:snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:56 pm

CandyKane wrote::snowday: Another snow day. Actually it's more of a rain, sleet, and ice day but we'll see snow eventually. Christmasy weather for sure. What to do today? :think:

Stay warm, stay dry, light the fireplace, and dream of Christmas.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:10 pm

Not looking good, the strike is said to spread to SAS "soon". We have already checked in online. We might have to hitch a ride on Santa's Christmas sleigh.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter