CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:24 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Happy Earth Day Christmas friends!

Happy Earth Day my Christmas friend!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:19 am

Took me two hours to get to work today due to problem with the subway. That was no Christmas fun! now my main work computer has given up the ghost...........wish I could go to bed and sleep until Christmas!

On the plus side, I watched The Twilight Zone's Christmas episode, Night of the meek. One of my all time favorites.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:22 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Wassail Wednesday Christmas!!!

A nd a Merry Wassail Christmas to you too! :smilecc:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/wassail-punch/

have to try this if I am every off on a Wednesday. I was thinking it might be like our Christmas glögg, but does not really sound like it. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:19 am

Hope everyone enjoyed a good Earth Day. My daughters school participated in activities all day long. I enjoyed being with her and seeing all the different things they offered. Glad Earth Day celebrations are getting more popular every year.
It's very chilly and windy today! :snowwow: I saw where some areas of the US are getting Spring snow. At least it will look like Christmas until it melts. :snowman1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:53 am

CandyKane wrote:Hope everyone enjoyed a good Earth Day. My daughters school participated in activities all day long. I enjoyed being with her and seeing all the different things they offered. Glad Earth Day celebrations are getting more popular every year.
It's very chilly and windy today! :snowwow: I saw where some areas of the US are getting Spring snow. At least it will look like Christmas until it melts. :snowman1:

:holly1: Our Earth Day was hot! Today we should be under 90. Okay by only 1 degree but that's called a "cool down" in these parts. ;)

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:41 am

Merry Friday Christmas! Have to remember to wear my Rudolph socks tomorrow since it is a Saturday. we will be doing laundry. definitely not as much fun as Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:08 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 245 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:17 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 245 days till Christmas! ..............

And to all my Christmas friends!! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:03 am

Tomorrow is Rudolph Day for April.
Can you imagine a Chirstmas season without Rudolph the red nosed reindeer?
Prior to 1939, Rudolph did not exist. Prior to 1949, the song did not exist. And prior to 1964 the stop-motion animation TV special did not exist. It's hard for me to imagine a Christmas season without Rudolph. And let's not forget about The Grinch, Scrooge, Little Drummer Boy, Charlie Brown, etc. Not too long ago, none of them existed either. It's funny how things change over time. But Christmas in my heart has not changed and I hope it never will.

Happy Rudolph Day tomorrow everyone!

:rudolph:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:06 am

I'm with you Christmas Crazy! I remember when I was little and literally had to wait all year for these great Christmas specials to come on TV. And if we missed them we were out of luck til the next year. Life is so much better with Rudolph. :rudolph1: :rudolph1: :rudolph1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:08 am

I just started reading 'The Mistletoe Promise' by Richard Paul Evans. Love, love, love his books whether they are about Christmas or not. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:42 pm

CandyKane wrote:I'm with you Christmas Crazy! I remember when I was little and literally had to wait all year for these great Christmas specials to come on TV. And if we missed them we were out of luck til the next year. Life is so much better with Rudolph. :rudolph1: :rudolph1: :rudolph1:

:rudolph1: Yes I remember being so excited to find the "classics" set (Dvd) at Walmart. My children watch the Christmas specials whenever they want. I had to wait all year. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:24 am

Happy Rudolph Day Christmas Friends! Couldn't find my reindeer socks so I am wearing snow man socks and red earrings for house work and laundry. :rudolph1:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:17 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Happy Rudolph Day Christmas Friends! Couldn't find my reindeer socks so I am wearing snow man socks and red earrings for house work and laundry. :rudolph1:

:snowwow: :reindeersmile: HAPPY RUDOLPH DSY Jolly. That's a cute visual of you cleaning. Keep the Christmas spirit friend!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:20 pm

Its bern declared super hero weekend in my house. The kiddos found a channel playing cartoons & movies. So its an easy lazy day. Almost like Christmas.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:28 pm

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:I'm with you Christmas Crazy! I remember when I was little and literally had to wait all year for these great Christmas specials to come on TV. And if we missed them we were out of luck til the next year. Life is so much better with Rudolph. :rudolph1: :rudolph1: :rudolph1:

:rudolph1: Yes I remember being so excited to find the "classics" set (Dvd) at Walmart. My children watch the Christmas specials whenever they want. I had to wait all year. :D

Do you think having to wait made them more special or they are more special because of the season they represent?
I know my heart fills up with that wonderful Christmas feeling just thinking about them.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:32 pm

Noel+ wrote:Its bern declared super hero weekend in my house. The kiddos found a channel playing cartoons & movies. So its an easy lazy day. Almost like Christmas.

It's "open up the pool between thunderstorms day" here. And clean the house. Image
Nothing like Christmas!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:33 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Do you think having to wait made them more special or they are more special because of the season they represent?
I know my heart fills up with that wonderful Christmas feeling just thinking about them.

Both: the anticipation of Christmas is emotionally exciting. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:05 pm

Perky has a job interview on Monday! Keep those Christmas prayers comin!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:22 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky has a job interview on Monday! Keep those Christmas prayers comin!

:holly1: Absolutely! More Christmas prayers on the way. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter