CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Tue May 19, 2015 2:39 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Requesting Christmas prayers for my uncle in San Antonio. After 30 years at the same Catholic school his contract was not renewed this year. Tough to be job hunting at age 61.

:holly1: Oh how disappointed your uncle must be right now. And yes age makes a job search more difficult in this economy. But God has a plan & we are preying for his Christmas miracle!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue May 19, 2015 3:46 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Requesting Christmas prayers for my uncle in San Antonio. After 30 years at the same Catholic school his contract was not renewed this year. Tough to be job hunting at age 61.

:holly1: Oh how disappointed your uncle must be right now. And yes age makes a job search more difficult in this economy. But God has a plan & we are preying for his Christmas miracle!

Me too! Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed May 20, 2015 4:43 am

Thank you for those Christmas prayers. Perky has a telephone interview today at 3 pm. He does not think it will go anywhere, but you never know. Those elves are sneaky.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed May 20, 2015 10:21 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Thank you for those Christmas prayers. Perky has a telephone interview today at 3 pm. He does not think it will go anywhere, but you never know. Those elves are sneaky.

How did his phone interview go? Any Christmas surprises in the form of job coming soon?Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed May 20, 2015 11:03 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Thank you for those Christmas prayers. Perky has a telephone interview today at 3 pm. He does not think it will go anywhere, but you never know. Those elves are sneaky.

How did his phone interview go? Any Christmas surprises in the form of job coming soon?Image

The phone interview went as expected. He is not eligible for the job for which he applied , we knoew it was a long shot, but that he might be eligible for a Support Technician with the same company. She had some suggestions for his resumé , always good, and told him to send it in and apply for the other job. She said they work proactively with their consultants (job seekers), so it may yet lead to a Christmas surprise, though hopefully sooner than Christmas in July! :D
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed May 20, 2015 2:05 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

The phone interview went as expected. He is not eligible for the job for which he applied , we knoew it was a long shot, but that he might be eligible for a Support Technician with the same company. She had some suggestions for his resumé , always good, and told him to send it in and apply for the other job. She said they work proactively with their consultants (job seekers), so it may yet lead to a Christmas surprise, though hopefully sooner than Christmas in July! :D

Thanks for the update Jolly. Believing for a Christmas surprise for both Perky & your uncle! :D /

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed May 20, 2015 2:09 pm

Well....not only am I baking for school class parties but for Sunday school too. And DH just called to say we're having a BBQ on Monday. That's not a huge surprise because its Memorial Day but a trip to the lake means prep work. This country & friends are worth it. Our next big get together will be Christmas in July' :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed May 20, 2015 2:17 pm

by a quirk of fate I am off on Monday. It is the second day of Pentecost and used to be a holiday until 2005. I took off because I have extra Days and I wanted to go to Church for Pentecost. Now I realize I will be working at home on student evaluations, but such is Life. We might be able to have a balcony bbq ourselves. that's almost as much fun as Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu May 21, 2015 4:38 am

and more baking & decorating.... :D

:holly1: 31 weeks til Christmas!!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu May 21, 2015 6:47 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri May 22, 2015 7:18 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 217 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri May 22, 2015 9:34 am

Merry Friday Christmas. Taking 30 student files home with me to evaluate. Perky said the apartment will get crowded. LOL
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun May 24, 2015 9:55 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon May 25, 2015 6:59 am

Remembering......

MEMORIAL DAY!

some gave all.
:angelpray:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon May 25, 2015 9:16 am

Wishing my Christmas friends a blessed Memorial Day.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue May 26, 2015 6:41 am

Merry Monday Christmas! I found my Rudolph socks under the bed while searching for a cat. We thought Zelma had taken a leap off the balcony again, called and called, had given up, only to discover she has a new hidey hole behind Perky's desk. She was not too Christmas cute yesterday.................grrrr.......did not even make a peep when we were calling for her.........
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue May 26, 2015 11:17 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Monday Christmas! I found my Rudolph socks under the bed while searching for a cat. We thought Zelma had taken a leap off the balcony again, called and called, had given up, only to discover she has a new hidey hole behind Perky's desk. She was not too Christmas cute yesterday.................grrrr.......did not even make a peep when we were calling for her.........

I think having Monday off has thrown us all out of sorts. I keep thinking it's Monday also.

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue May 26, 2015 11:21 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Monday Christmas! I found my Rudolph socks under the bed while searching for a cat. We thought Zelma had taken a leap off the balcony again, called and called, had given up, only to discover she has a new hidey hole behind Perky's desk. She was not too Christmas cute yesterday.................grrrr.......did not even make a peep when we were calling for her.........

My cats did that to me not too long ago. I searched the neighborhood for an hour thinking they had snuck out during the night just to find them hiding in the house. Normaly they will come if you call them.
No catnip in their Christmas stocking this year! (Well, maybe not)
:wink:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue May 26, 2015 2:12 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:

I think having Monday off has thrown us all out of sorts. I keep thinking it's Monday also.

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!

:holly1: Me too!

'MERRY TINSEL TUESDAY CHRISTMAS! !!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue May 26, 2015 2:17 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:

My cats did that to me not too long ago. I searched the neighborhood for an hour thinking they had snuck out during the night just to find them hiding in the house. Normaly they will come if you call them.
No catnip in their Christmas stocking this year! (Well, maybe not)
:wink:

:holly1: Every cat I've had my entire life does that from time. All dog breeds come running to you out of love & loyalty. But the cats? They give you that "whatever" expression when you detective out their hiding place. If you ask me they have a wee bit of Christmas elf in their impish souls!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter