CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed May 27, 2015 2:59 am

ah, ok. I thought yesterday was Monday. I took a vacation day Monday for Pentecost and coincidentally, it was also Memorial Day. Had a nice Christmas surprise yesterday, someone loaded the Memorial Day Ceremony from Ft Sam National Cemetery on YouTube. I check every year just in case and this year was rewarded. You could see the bad weather. That part did not look too Christmas fun. Still hoping someone will upload the National PBS concert. They are always so Christmas awesome.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed May 27, 2015 4:27 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:ah, ok. I thought yesterday was Monday. I took a vacation day Monday for Pentecost and coincidentally, it was also Memorial Day. Had a nice Christmas surprise yesterday, someone loaded the Memorial Day Ceremony from Ft Sam National Cemetery on YouTube. I check every year just in case and this year was rewarded. You could see the bad weather. That part did not look too Christmas fun. Still hoping someone will upload the National PBS concert. They are always so Christmas awesome.

This Christmas friend also missed the PBS special & hope it is on youtube. It Feels likethe day after Christmas without it.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed May 27, 2015 4:37 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:ah, ok. I thought yesterday was Monday. I took a vacation day Monday for Pentecost and coincidentally, it was also Memorial Day. Had a nice Christmas surprise yesterday, someone loaded the Memorial Day Ceremony from Ft Sam National Cemetery on YouTube. I check every year just in case and this year was rewarded. You could see the bad weather. That part did not look too Christmas fun. Still hoping someone will upload the National PBS concert. They are always so Christmas awesome.

This Christmas friend also missed the PBS special & hope it is on youtube. It Feels likethe day after Christmas without it.

Ft Sam Houston is in San Antonio, the local national cemetery, so it definitely felt like home. I have seen youtube clips of the National anthem and service hymn medley from this year. So awesome. I keep wishing they would archive it for viewing from overseas and that the stars would sign away their rights so DVD's/CD's could be sold for the benefit of veterans causes. That too would be so Christmas awesome.
:elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed May 27, 2015 8:28 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Ft Sam Houston is in San Antonio, the local national cemetery, so it definitely felt like home. I have seen youtube clips of the National anthem and service hymn medley from this year. So awesome. I keep wishing they would archive it for viewing from overseas and that the stars would sign away their rights so DVD's/CD's could be sold for the benefit of veterans causes. That too would be so Christmas awesome.
:elfgrin:

I was stationed at Fort Sam in 1989 during my medical lab training for the Army. Beautiful city. I would love to visit the river walk during Christmas. The pictures I've seen are wonderful.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed May 27, 2015 8:36 am

I think everyone in the Military goes through San Antonio at some point. We were at the Christimas light up on the River and stayed at the El Tropicana Hotel. It was fun.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu May 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Happy Thankful Thursday'

My list for tomorrow is squeezed full of errands/activities & that reminds me of Christmas time! Now all I need to do is finish todays list. :lol:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu May 28, 2015 1:28 pm

Perky has an interview next Tuesday at 10 am our time for an admin job for a preschool. He also had a phone interview today on an admin job for an IT Company. Both are 3-6 months. The IT Company is fulltime, the preschool is part time or full time. Keep those Christmas prayers coming.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu May 28, 2015 2:10 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky has an interview next Tuesday at 10 am our time for an admin job for a preschool. He also had a phone interview today on an admin job for an IT Company. Both are 3-6 months. The IT Company is fulltime, the preschool is part time or full time. Keep those Christmas prayers coming.

Continuing to believe & pray for Perky's [and your] Christmas miracle job!! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu May 28, 2015 2:31 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky has an interview next Tuesday at 10 am our time for an admin job for a preschool. He also had a phone interview today on an admin job for an IT Company. Both are 3-6 months. The IT Company is fulltime, the preschool is part time or full time. Keep those Christmas prayers coming.

Continuing to believe & pray for Perky's [and your] Christmas miracle job!! :D

As usual Noel has the coolest Christmas art ever. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri May 29, 2015 2:46 am

Merry Friday Christmas! Today is Swedish Veteran's Day, so Glad Veterandagaen to Perky!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 29, 2015 8:33 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Friday Christmas! Today is Swedish Veteran's Day, so Glad Veterandagaen to Perky!

:D HAPPY VETERANDAGAEN Perky! Obviously Jolly your hubby has the Christmas heart of service.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 29, 2015 8:35 am

My DH looked at my to-do list & said I'll be busier then Christmas Eve today. :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri May 29, 2015 8:55 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Friday Christmas! Today is Swedish Veteran's Day, so Glad Veterandagaen to Perky!

Glad Veterandagaen Perky!
Proud of a fellow veteran who was willing to lay down his life for his country.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri May 29, 2015 8:58 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 210 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri May 29, 2015 8:59 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri May 29, 2015 10:33 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 210 days till Christmas! ..............

NOW it feels like Friday to me! May you have Christmas joy today CC! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri May 29, 2015 12:26 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:

Glad Veterandagaen Perky!
Proud of a fellow veteran who was willing to lay down his life for his country.

Perky sends his thanks from the bottom of his Christmas heart. Sadly, the military does not enjoy the same respect in Sweden as it does in the US. Swedes Think Americans are "obsessed" with their military. Veterans day has only been around for a few years. We Went to one of the first Veterans Day ceremonies at the Sea (navy) Museum and it seems to have grown every year. It sneaks up on me so I do not Always remember to check. I was working at home today but it was too late to be "off" to go. Sunday is Swedish Mother's Day so we Went to plant the cemetery 2 x 2 garden Before the rain sets in. Despite having to work at home this morning, the day was almost as peaceful as Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat May 30, 2015 8:39 am

Last Christmas I ordered an Adventures in Odyssey Christmas CD set for a friend's kids in Germany. It was late to be ordering and I did not expect it to arrive actually Before Christmas, but it never arrived. Tried to trace it, no luck. I gave up and mentally wrote it off with a mental note to self to order early this Christmas. Well...........Rudolph seems to have brought it in May. She got it this week. I told her to save it and give it to them for Christmas in July! (she is Australian).
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat May 30, 2015 8:41 am

By the way Christmas Crazy, Perky has been on manuevers with the American Navy in San Fransicso, Dominican Republic, and other undisclosed locations in the 80's and 90's. If you were in any those areas at that time, could be interesting.........the World gets smaller every day. ONe never knows.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 30, 2015 5:17 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Last Christmas I ordered an Adventures in Odyssey Christmas CD set for a friend's kids in Germany. It was late to be ordering and I did not expect it to arrive actually Before Christmas, but it never arrived. Tried to trace it, no luck. I gave up and mentally wrote it off with a mental note to self to order early this Christmas. Well...........Rudolph seems to have brought it in May. She got it this week. I told her to save it and give it to them for Christmas in July! (she is Australian).

:shock: What?! That sounds like the Christmas scrooge at work. Talk about "late"!!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter