CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:04 am

Merry Monday my Christmas friends!

Jolly: praying ahead of time fir Perky just keeps the storehouse loaded.
:wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:20 am

Looking at recipes trying to decide what/If we are having on Indpendence day. The weather will be very warm, definitely not like Christmas at all. I was debating between fried chicken (southern) and fajitas (tex mex). Fajitas definitely easier to do on the balcony.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:55 am

Merry Monday Christmas ladies!
My heart is heavy today with sadness and disappointment (family situation). I would covet a small prayer for me today. Thanks.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:24 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Looking at recipes trying to decide what/If we are having on Indpendence day. The weather will be very warm, definitely not like Christmas at all. I was debating between fried chicken (southern) and fajitas (tex mex). Fajitas definitely easier to do on the balcony.

:dinner: Yum! Sounds great to me! We have normal kiddo fare: hot fogs; hamburgers & pizza all weekend long. And the temps hover over 110 so its totally opposite to 8-) Christmas.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:26 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Monday Christmas ladies!
My heart is heavy today with sadness and disappointment (family
situation). I would covet a small prayer for me today. Thanks.

:holly1: Its a privilege to pray for you Christmas Crazy. :flake:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:38 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Monday Christmas ladies!
My heart is heavy today with sadness and disappointment (family
situation). I would covet a small prayer for me today. Thanks.

:holly1: Its a privilege to pray for you Christmas Crazy. :flake:

Christmas prayers sent your way.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:39 pm

Just ordered Perky some shirts to wear for "school": He needs new underwear, long pants, and a professional haircut. Just like getting a kid ready for school or Christmas. :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:45 am

HAPPY TINSEL TUESDAY!!

Just 3 more days until Hallmarks Christmas in July week begins. I am so ready!!
:smilecc

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:52 am

Noel+ wrote:HAPPY TINSEL TUESDAY!!

Just 3 more days until Hallmarks Christmas in July week begins. I am so ready!!
:smilecc

So wish I could join in! I am falling asleep at work. The stressful evaluation of students is over and though I have other pressing work, my brain is dead. Though I was hoping for a spa certificate, my boss gave me a Terry Pratchett book as a thank you. That made it feel a bit like Christmas! :shop:
Last edited by Jolly O'Leary on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:55 am

Due to the war on southern heritage in the media this week, we are protesting by having a distinctly "southern" independence day menu: so far, I am thinking pork/sweet potato skewers with cranberry(lingonberry) glaze, macaroni salad, green bean salad, sun tea, and some kind of dessert, probably just ice cream with strawberries and blueberries. oh yeah, and corn pone. It sounds a bit like Thanksgiving which is pretty close to Christmas! :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:00 am

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cher ... ef=Default
Our British friends who might be visiting for Christmas nixed this as a possible Christmas dinner. Too much Texas, I guess............LOL
What regional specialties do my Christmas friends like to eat either in the summer or at Christmas? :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:38 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Due to the war on southern heritage in the media this week, we are protesting by having a distinctly "southern" independence day menu: so far, I am thinking pork/sweet potato skewers with cranberry(lingonberry) glaze, macaroni salad, green bean salad, sun tea, and some kind of dessert, probably just ice cream with strawberries and blueberries. oh yeah, and corn pone. It sounds a bit like Thanksgiving which is pretty close to Christmas! :dinner:

:dinner: Oh yum! Sounds very southern to me! Wish I could celebrate July 4 with you. Maybe some Christmas?! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:41 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cherry--apricot---jalape-ntilde-o-barbecue-glazed-roasted-turkey?utm_campaign=naytev&utm_content=55914ec2e4b08ce3fe1d44a0&fb_ref=Default
Our British friends who might be visiting for Christmas nixed this as a possible Christmas dinner. Too much Texas, I guess............LOL
What regional specialties do my Christmas friends like to eat either in the summer or at Christmas? :dinner:

:holly1: In our family its whatever children will eat ... :lol:At Christmas I try a new side & dessert every year. My preference is midwest-southetn comfort food. It just makes me happy. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:48 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cherry--apricot---jalape-ntilde-o-barbecue-glazed-roasted-turkey?utm_campaign=naytev&utm_content=55914ec2e4b08ce3fe1d44a0&fb_ref=Default

:holly1: In our family its whatever children will eat ... :lol:At Christmas I try a new side & dessert every year. My preference is midwest-southetn comfort food. It just makes me happy. :D

Hee Hee. I hear a lot of parents say that. When I was growing up we had two choices for dinner: eat what's presented, or don't eat. My aunt was more generous and let her kids have a peanut butter sandwich instead. She was full of the Christmas spirit. :smilecc:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:21 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Hee Hee. I hear a lot of parents say that. When I was growing up we had two choices for dinner: eat what's presented, or don't eat. My aunt was more generous and let her kids have a peanut butter sandwich instead. She was full of the Christmas spirit. :smilecc:

We never have anything special to eat on Christmas day. Most of the food is prepared the day before and Christmas day is spent just enjoying each other. When we get hungry, we reheat the prepared meal and continue with the family activities. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to prepare a meal on Christmas day, it's just not our tradition. And if you want to eat something else, the kitchen is open and you make whatever you want. :dinner:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:23 am

Thanks for the prayers Christmas friends. You're the best!
:angelpray:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:43 am

:dinner: Christmas Crazy, that is pretty much the Swedish way. The big smörgåsbord is prepared and eaten the day before and Christmas Day is for sleeping in and being lazy. It is my American genes that make me cook "Christmas dinner". But we usually go to julotta, the very EARLY Christmas morning church service, where we have breakfast afterwards, go home and crash, then when we wake up, we have a snack and start cooking "Christmas dinner" together. When its done, we eat. Usually around 4 pm. So it works out. We have the Swedish ham for Christmas eve and then some form of turkey or at least chicken on Christmas day. Then we eat Christmas food for a week and that is also Swedish Christmas tradition. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:07 am

Only 103 days till Thanksgiving in Sweden!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

Only 103 days till Thanksgiving in Sweden!

We decided to try the Cherry, Apricot & Jalapeño barbecue Glazed Roasted turkey recipe out on turkey breasts for Swedish thanksgiving Before feeding it to the Brits at Christmas. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:14 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote::dinner: Christmas Crazy, that is pretty much the Swedish way. The big smörgåsbord is prepared and eaten the day before and Christmas Day is for sleeping in and being lazy. It is my American genes that make me cook "Christmas dinner". But we usually go to julotta, the very EARLY Christmas morning church service, where we have breakfast afterwards, go home and crash, then when we wake up, we have a snack and start cooking "Christmas dinner" together. When its done, we eat. Usually around 4 pm. So it works out. We have the Swedish ham for Christmas eve and then some form of turkey or at least chicken on Christmas day. Then we eat Christmas food for a week and that is also Swedish Christmas tradition. :dinner:

Family Christmas traditions are fascinating! My DH's family sets out a buffet & you just snack all day. It takes a week for them yo prepare it all but its Delish. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter