CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:15 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

Only 103 days till Thanksgiving in Sweden!

We decided to try the Cherry, Apricot & Jalapeño barbecue Glazed Roasted turkey recipe out on turkey breasts for Swedish thanksgiving Before feeding it to the Brits at Christmas. :dinner:

That sounds Christmas turkey smart! And it sounds yummy. :P

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:08 am

After looking at the weather report, the southern independence day menu is cancelled. now looking at rotissiere chicken recipes and thinking "French bistro". I am reminded of every Christmas in July when I have all these plans and then the summer heat finally sets in. No AC at the North Pole. ON the plus side, our "new" apartment is at least around the same temp as outside, not 10-29 degrees warmer. That was no Christmas fun!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:54 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:After looking at the weather report, the southern independence day menu is cancelled. now looking at rotissiere chicken recipes and thinking "French bistro". I am reminded of every Christmas in July when I have all these plans and then the summer heat finally sets in. No AC at the North Pole. ON the plus side, our "new" apartment is at least around the same temp as outside, not 10-29 degrees warmer. That was no Christmas fun!

I'm sure that whatever you prepare, your Independence Day meal will be just as wonderful as a Christmas Day meal.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:13 am

All the towns and cities surrounding us take turns celebrating the Fourth of July. There are fireworks every night for a week leading up to the fourth. Our church participated in one last night. It was a great time with friends and community. Some of the fireworks were Christmas colors. Red and white. Red, green, and blue. Those made me smile.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:16 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:After looking at the weather report, the southern independence day menu is cancelled. now looking at rotissiere chicken recipes and thinking "French bistro". I am reminded of every Christmas in July when I have all these plans and then the summer heat finally sets in. No AC at the North Pole. ON the plus side, our "new" apartment is at least around the same temp as outside, not 10-29 degrees warmer. That was no Christmas fun!

I'm sure that whatever you prepare, your Independence Day meal will be just as wonderful as a Christmas Day meal.

Christmas dittos! And the heat adjustment I get -- why I never BBQ outside. DH doesn't mind the 111F but I melt! Definitely I'll be watching Christmas movies. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:33 pm

Only 2 more days till Christmas in July movies!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:36 am

Today it is hot & muggy and thinking Christmas thoughts is a challenge. :lol: Yesterday all errands for the 4th were completed so today I hope to rest up during quiet times. Tomorrow is baking & prep day in the kitchen.

CC thanks for sharing the 4th photos! i LOVE America & always look forward to celebrating our blessings in this country.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:06 pm

84F outside, 80F inside. 4th of July cancelled. We will be spending the day lying in bed spraying each other with water guns. We are having a heat wave. Too much like Christmas in July.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:23 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:84F outside, 80F inside. 4th of July cancelled. We will be spending the day lying in bed spraying each other with water guns. We are having a heat wave. Too much like Christmas in July.

84F ? If it were 84 here, we would be turning off the A/C, opening the windows, and getting our Christmas blankets out.
Just kidding! But I wish it were only 84 here.
:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:84F outside, 80F inside. 4th of July cancelled. We will be spending the day lying in bed spraying each other with water guns. We are having a heat wave. Too much like Christmas in July.

84F ? If it were 84 here, we would be turning off the A/C, opening the windows, and getting our Christmas blankets out.
Just kidding! But I wish it were only 84 here.
:elfgrin:

:wink: Me too Christmas Crazy! It was 100F at 8am this morning. Its a hot July everywhere but the North Pole!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:50 am

It is hot at the NOrth Pole! 89.6F but you have to remember we are not built for these temps. The Buildings are made like big Dutch ovens and hold IN the heat, the roofs are black, and with no let up from the midnight sun, after 2-3 Days, we are nicely baked humans on the half Shell. Thankfully, this department has cross ventilation. Swedes Think "ventilation" = air conditioning. And there is no relief, not at work, not in the stores, not in the malls, or at the Movies. More and more some places are having what americans call "refridgerated air" but still mostly not. WE usually stop buying fresh fruit and veggies in July which is also known as "the rotting month" and the bugs in the stores are terrible. I don't want to bring them home. Perky had originally nixed the chicken berry salad for 4th of July, but he has now relented. Unfortunately, the balcony faces the wrong direction to be of use in evening cooking. Even the cats stay inside. It's not like Christmas at all!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:52 am

On a happier note, here is a posting from the Swedish Christmas Group about the World Santa Congress in Copenhagen. Must go there one Christmas in July. :-)

https://tomtarojul.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... .publishes
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:37 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 175 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:06 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:On a happier note, here is a posting from the Swedish Christmas Group about the World Santa Congress in Copenhagen. Must go there one Christmas in July. :-)

https://tomtarojul.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... .publishes

:holly1: Thanks Jolly.

Is it possible yo purchase a window A/C unit? Even if shipped via Amazon? I dwell for you...Perky...& the cats in that heat!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:07 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 175 days till Christmas! ..............

:holly1: MERRY FRIDAY CHRISTMAS friend! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:10 am

Hallmark's Silver Bells Christmas movie just started! In one sense its a bit weird to have Christmas movies on the weekend of Joly 4th.On the other hand its HO Ho ho jolly! 8-)

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:45 pm

I'm so excited!!! :jump:
I'm just setting down to watch a Hallmark Christmas movie. I have two recorded so far and another is recording right now.
Did I mention I'm EXCITED!!!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:33 am

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:37 am

We stayed up most of the night watching Hallmark Christmas movies. Up again at 6am.

I finished 4th preps: potatoe salad...baked bbq beans...peanut butter chocolate bars. We're all set to Celebrate America!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:56 pm

Hope all my Christmas friends had a great 4th of July! Perky declared the chicken berry salad good. Today we made chicken fajitas on the balcony and had watermelon for dessert.

Swedish windows are not constructed for window AC units not to mention drainage. We had considered purchasing a floor unit for the bedroom before Perky quit his job in March. We did not follow through. Purchasing the unit is one thing, paying the subsequent utility bill is another as I am sure all understand. If he keeps a job passed December we may reconsider.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter