CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:56 am

Found this:

Christmas In July

Sunday, July 26, 2015

On July 26, we will celebrate Advent with the singing of carols, the wearing of red and green, and bring birthday gifts to the need in honor of our Savior.

Take the family shopping and have your children select toys, electronics, or clothes they's like for their birthday and donate them to Associated Charities. The "Christmas" tree will be on display in the sanctuary so that the children may place these(unwrapped) birthday presents under the tree for children in need. And don't forget the teens; this gathering of gifts isn't just for the young!

Parents, pick up some party supplies and donate them: wrapping paper or gift bags; cake mixes and frosting; paper plates, napkins, candles, and funny hats; anything that would make a birthday party special for a young child or teen.

In addition, there will be the Sock and Undie Tree and Peanut Butter Tree in the Gathering room.

Jolly: I wonder what the "peanut butter tree" is. Maybe peanut butter for the food pantry? These sound like great idea. Sometimes I wish I was still a church admin.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:02 am

The Peanut Butter tree reminds me of this great Patch the Pirate adventure:

https://www.majestymusic.com/peanut-but ... drama.html

have it loaded on my mp4 as we speak. Perky and I have been trying to figure out when to have our Peanut Butter Christmas, but it hasn't made it into the regular schedule yet. No Reese's at the North pole, so I have to make my own peanut butter dessert. I have seen a few non cook peanut butter ball recipes. might be worth a try.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:33 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1afLPwvn0k

Listening to this at work to get into the Christmas in July mood.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:26 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1afLPwvn0k

Listening to this at work to get into the Christmas in July mood.

Thanks Jolly!

Thanks Jolly. Listening as I drive to work for a long double shift. I need some fa-la-la today! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:27 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:The Peanut Butter tree reminds me of this great Patch the Pirate adventure:

have it loaded on my mp4 as we speak. Perky and I have been trying to figure out when to have our Peanut Butter Christmas, but it hasn't made it into the regular schedule yet. No Reese's at the North pole, so I have to make my own peanut butter dessert. I have seen a few non cook peanut butter ball recipes. might be worth a try.

You find the most interest trivia for Christmas and I appreciate it Jolly!

Who knew about a peanut butter tree?! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:29 am

MERRY MONDAY CHRISTMAS !!

My tablet is still deleting things..........like all my Facebook friends. Some kind of weird virus. So.........I'm only at CAY when home to use the laptop. I miss checking in frequently while at work or on errands. Just know I'm thinking merry thoughts of you Christmas friends. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:30 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:The Peanut Butter tree reminds me of this great Patch the Pirate adventure:

Well I knew about the Patch the Pirate CD before. My Saturday morning listening on Christian Radio in the US included Adventures in Odyssey, Down Gilead Lane, and Patch the Pirate. Patch the Pirate got me through my divorce. You just can't be depressed listening to songs about Irish potatoes. Their Christmas albums are great!

The other just popped up on a Christmas in July search.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:31 am

Noel+ wrote:MERRY MONDAY CHRISTMAS !!

My tablet is still deleting things..........like all my Facebook friends. Some kind of weird virus. So.........I'm only at CAY when home to use the laptop. I miss checking in frequently while at work or on errands. Just know I'm thinking merry thoughts of you Christmas friends. :D

No Christmas fun!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:02 am

Noel+ wrote:MERRY MONDAY CHRISTMAS !!

Christmas bummer!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:24 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Well I knew about the Patch the Pirate CD before. My Saturday morning listening on Christian Radio in the US included Adventures in Odyssey, Down Gilead Lane, and Patch the Pirate. Patch the Pirate got me through my divorce. You just can't be depressed listening to songs about Irish potatoes. Their Christmas albums are great!

The other just popped up on a Christmas in July search.

Jolly, you're Christmas Crazy they way you find all this Chirstmas stuff!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:24 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:40 am

Merry Christmas Tuesday! Today hubby is giving me the gift of cleaning out and defrosting the fridge. I will miss my house husband. Today is Victoriadagen (Victoria day, no not the same as Canada). It is the Crown Princess' Birthday. Though not a day off from work, things are a bit more festive with a national concert on tv tonight. I will be watching while I give hubby the gift of hemmed pants. I am horrible at sewing. When I do things like this I really miss my grandmother. She did all the hand work in the family. She also made Christmas special.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:29 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Christmas Tuesday! Today hubby is giving me the gift of cleaning out and defrosting the fridge. I will miss my house husband. Today is Victoriadagen (Victoria day, no not the same as Canada). It is the Crown Princess' Birthday. Though not a day off from work, things are a bit more festive with a national concert on tv tonight. I will be watching while I give hubby the gift of hemmed pants. I am horrible at sewing. When I do things like this I really miss my grandmother. She did all the hand work in the family. She also made Christmas special.

I was just telling Michelle the other night how much I miss my Grandparents (all deceased now). My paternal grandparents made Christmas very special. Lots of fond memories.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6-SkBIxElE

It's not Christmas, but this is what I will sound like soon if my allergies don't let up. I am currently doing a good imitation of Lauren Bacall.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:50 pm

If you or someone you know have small children, then the following two websites are for them.
http://santaupdate.com/
http://elfhq.com/

I looked back at santaupdate.com in the days leading up to Christmas last year and the site was extremely active with Pre-launch news coverage, Sleigh test flights, Christmas reports from around the world, weather reports, Launch Status flashing on the screen. Around 200 blog style posts from December 23th thru December 25th. A lot of great content. I wish I was a kid again.

On ElfHQ.com (A division of santaupdate.com), you can submit an application to become an elf. But you must live by The Elf Code. You can also name Santa's next sleigh, Get off the naughty list (quite the application), Name a reindeer, and more.

I sound like an advertisement, but it really is neat. I'm going to share these with my neighbor who has six year old twins. They will love it.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:11 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Christmas Tuesday! Today hubby is giving me the gift of cleaning out and defrosting the fridge. I will miss my house husband. Today is Victoriadagen (Victoria day, no not the same as Canada). It is the Crown Princess' Birthday. Though not a day off from work, things are a bit more festive with a national concert on tv tonight. I will be watching while I give hubby the gift of hemmed pants. I am horrible at sewing. When I do things like this I really miss my grandmother. She did all the hand work in the family. She also made Christmas special.

I was just telling Michelle the other night how much I miss my Grandparents (all deceased now). My paternal grandparents made Christmas very special. Lots of fond memories.

At Christmas time I miss so many cherished loves who were central to my Christmas past. When I joined this forum, both my parents were living. In 2008 my Dad passed followed by my mother in early 2010. My grandparents and great ants/uncles are also missed. Snowy Christmas on the farm with all the extended family is my most cherished memories.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:12 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6-SkBIxElE

It's not Christmas, but this is what I will sound like soon if my allergies don't let up. I am currently doing a good imitation of Lauren Bacall.

Ah, Jolly I hope your allergies heal very soon. That is no Christmas fn!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:14 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:If you or someone you know have small children, then the following two websites are for them.
http://santaupdate.com/
http://elfhq.com/

I looked back at santaupdate.com in the days leading up to Christmas last year and the site was extremely active with Pre-launch news coverage, Sleigh test flights, Christmas reports from around the world, weather reports, Launch Status flashing on the screen. Around 200 blog style posts from December 23th thru December 25th. A lot of great content. I wish I was a kid again.

On ElfHQ.com (A division of santaupdate.com), you can submit an application to become an elf. But you must live by The Elf Code. You can also name Santa's next sleigh, Get off the naughty list (quite the application), Name a reindeer, and more.

I sound like an advertisement, but it really is neat. I'm going to share these with my neighbor who has six year old twins. They will love it.

Advertise away Christmas Crazy! I'm sharing theinfo at work this evening with fellow medical personnel. What a great Christmas find. And I amlike Peter Pan: I never want to grow up.........especially at Christmas time! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:15 pm

Jolly: you asked about Christmas in July yesterday and I advised QVC changed formats. Well, to my surprise so has HSN. Tomorrow - starting at midnight eastern time - they are celebrating their Christmas in July! Hope you can catch a bit of it atleast online. I will be working so that's what I'll be doing too, :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:17 pm

My brother just called me with a great Christmas in July surprise! He ordered me a new tablet and it arrives today!!! :D :D :D It's my birthday & Christmas present. Last night the links stopping working just after I got Facebook reinstalled. SO this is a joyous surprise gift! Bless my brother's heart...........and pocket book dear Lord. :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter