CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:20 pm

Enjoy your totally Tinsel Tuesday as I prep for a long day at work. Just realized my DH will be the first to open my Christmas in July gift from my brother. He'll be geeking out at all the techno stuff that's over my head. SO I told him it has an invisible message: Do not open if you're not Noel! :lol: :lol:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:39 pm

Noel+ wrote:My brother just called me with a great Christmas in July surprise! He ordered me a new tablet and it arrives today!!! :D :D :D It's my birthday & Christmas present. Last night the links stopping working just after I got Facebook reinstalled. SO this is a joyous surprise gift! Bless my brother's heart...........and pocket book dear Lord. :scene:

What a wonderful Christmas in July surprise. Awesome brother!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Noel+ wrote:Enjoy your totally Tinsel Tuesday as I prep for a long day at work. Just realized my DH will be the first to open my Christmas in July gift from my brother. He'll be geeking out at all the techno stuff that's over my head. SO I told him it has an invisible message: Do not open if you're not Noel! :lol: :lol:

Us geeks can't help it. We want to play with everyone's new technological gifts.
Especially at Christmas time.

:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:34 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Enjoy your totally Tinsel Tuesday as I prep for a long day at work. Just realized my DH will be the first to open my Christmas in July gift from my brother. He'll be geeking out at all the techno stuff that's over my head. SO I told him it has an invisible message: Do not open if you're not Noel! :lol: :lol:

Us geeks can't help it. We want to play with everyone's new technological gifts.

I came home at break to pick up my lunch and found DH marveling at the box! The cover sleeve lists all the newest tech advances. SO.........I let him open it. I registered and now its charging for hours. He's a happy Christmas in July elf! And he & my brother are chatting on the phone about the tablet. They're adorable! :D
'

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:40 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

I came home at break to pick up my lunch and found DH marveling at the box! The cover sleeve lists all the newest tech advances. SO.........I let him open it. I registered and now its charging for hours. He's a happy Christmas in July elf! And he & my brother are chatting on the phone about the tablet. They're adorable! :D
'

I'd be as anxious as a kid at Christmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:43 am

Jolly just heard a QVC host say that "most" shows Friday-Sunday are Christmas in July. Why? HSN's sale today.....or customer demand if you ask me. YAY' :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:01 am

Noel+ wrote:My brother just called me with a great Christmas in July surprise! He ordered me a new tablet and it arrives today!!! :D :D :D It's my birthday & Christmas present. Last night the links stopping working just after I got Facebook reinstalled. SO this is a joyous surprise gift! Bless my brother's heart...........and pocket book dear Lord. :scene:

Wow, what a great Christmas in July gift! :shop:

For Christmas in July I ordered matching "compass" necklaces from ebay, reminiscent of hubby's naval career. Also something to wear to work on days he does not want to wear rings.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:12 am

For your Christmas in July listening pleasure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1afLPwvn0k

listening to this while I sort paper and file. For a "paperless society" I sure have an awful lot of it.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:27 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

Wow, what a great Christmas in July gift! :shop:

For Christmas in July I ordered matching "compass" necklaces from ebay, reminiscent of hubby's naval career. Also something to wear to work on days he does not want to wear rings.[/quote

:holly1: Ahhh...so you can always find your "true north" home to each others heart! So touching Jolly. A beautiful Christmas in July gift. :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:30 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:For your Christmas in July listening pleasure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1afLPwvn0k

listening to this while I sort paper and file. For a "paperless society" I sure have an awful lot of it.

Thanks for sharing. A whole 3 hrs is quite a play time. Love that it starts with s sweet Christmas sentiment.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:34 pm

[b]Finally my new tablet is 55% set up. My first log on was to CAY. Struggling to learn all the settings & apps. It'fancy as I call it or techno-saavy per my brother. I am spoiler because my tablet is now an essential. What a Christmas in July.[/ :lol: b]

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:43 pm

Watching Silver Bells on Feeln. What a great Christmas in July experience.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Watching Silver Bells on Feeln. What a great Christmas in July experience.

:D Oh I'm so excited for you to have Hallmark Christmas movies available. Enjoy!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:43 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Watching Silver Bells on Feeln. What a great Christmas in July experience.

:D Oh I'm so excited for you to have Hallmark Christmas movies available. Enjoy!

Yes, the movie itself was "Okay". Not exactly outstanding in the myriad Christmas movies we have now and millions being produced every year. Okay, that's a slight Christmas exaggeration. I would not buy it. Which is exactly what I wanted the service for. Well worth the $4 a month "test" fee that we used. The only hitch was I had to pay with my US bank card. Will sign up for a year when the month is up. We do most of our TV watching in the bedroom anyway. The living room has an outdated "box" that is good for the news, etc.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:46 am

Spearking of Christmas movies. I watched Santa's Summer House on YouTube after I had already purchased it but not yet received. I wish I had seen it first. I was not expecting great things based on the reviews, but what it lacked most was "atmosphere". When I watch a Christmas movie, I want to SEE Christmas, trees, decorations, not necessarily snow, especially in a "summer" Christmas movie, but the only "decorations" in this movie were Santa's Hawaiian shirts. The background was a bit sterile. But since I have purchased it, it might become our Half Christmas movie. It is far from the worst thing I have ever seen, even if Mrs. Claus did have more eyeliner than eyes. This is one reason I am very happy to have FeelN now. Woohoo! Christmas previews!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:04 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVvJyrEQVjE

From the 2014 Santa World Congress in Copenhagen, this event is definitely on my Christmas in July bucket list. I did notice that the ones with the Swedish flags look old enough to BE Santa and Mrs. Claus. :santa:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:07 am

http://www.worldsantaclauscongress.com/en/

http://www.worldsantaclauscongress.com/ ... nerel-info

More fun info on the Santa World Congress. The "convention" is only three days, but the park has events all week. Definitely on our Christmas in July to do list. I really like that the event itself is free (minus expenses of course ) for the participants and that they are expected to mingle with the crowd. Must be on every Santa's Christmas list to attend this event at least once.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:39 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.worldsantaclauscongress.com/en/

http://www.worldsantaclauscongress.com/ ... nerel-info

More fun info on the Santa World Congress. The "convention" is only three days, but the park has events all week. Definitely on our Christmas in July to do list. I really like that the event itself is free (minus expenses of course ) for the participants and that they are expected to mingle with the crowd. Must be on every Santa's Christmas list to attend this event at least once.

That would be so Christmas cool to attend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:43 am

I stopped in the Cracker Barrel restaurant the other day and they had a large Halloween display set up. That is so cool because I know that Thanksgiving and Christmas displays will soon follow.
:smilecc: :shop: :snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:28 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Spearking of Christmas movies. I watched Santa's Summer House on YouTube after I had already purchased it but not yet received. I wish I had seen it first. I was not expecting great things based on the reviews, but what it lacked most was "atmosphere". When I watch a Christmas movie, I want to SEE Christmas, trees, decorations, not necessarily snow, especially in a "summer" Christmas movie, but the only "decorations" in this movie were Santa's Hawaiian shirts. The background was a bit sterile. But since I have purchased it, it might become our Half Christmas movie. It is far from the worst thing I have ever seen, even if Mrs. Claus did have more eyeliner than eyes. This is one reason I am very happy to have FeelN now. Woohoo! Christmas previews!

:holly1: We take note of hour review! A movie without Christmas decorations is not for us either.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter