CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:29 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Wishing each of my Christmas friends a blessed day!

Did you make those? My wife would think those are too Christmas cute.

Yes. An old Martha Stuart show craft. You buy the blank tags & stamps at a craft store & design away. This one I posted on a Christmas site years ago. Michelle could do these watching tv.....easy & fun.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

AND only 90 days till Hallmark's Countdown to Christmas!! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:04 am

Merry Monday Christmas! I have deciced that Christmas in August at the Princess Lodge in Alaska is on my bucket list. They celebrate Christmas in August on August 24-25. Just for fun, I checked to see if rooms were still available, nope! So, I watched Love Boat the Alaskan Wedding Cruise on YouTube to feel a bit more like Christmas. I'm thinking it's Ice AGe tonight. LOL We are headed into a two week "heatwave" to make up for our nice cool summer. Hope it cools off before our train trip to the NASA exhibit August 21!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:38 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Monday Christmas! I have deciced that Christmas in August at the Princess Lodge in Alaska is on my bucket list. They celebrate Christmas in August on August 24-25. Just for fun, I checked to see if rooms were still available, nope! So, I watched Love Boat the Alaskan Wedding Cruise on YouTube to feel a bit more like Christmas. I'm thinking it's Ice AGe tonight. LOL We are headed into a two week "heatwave" to make up for our nice cool summer. Hope it cools off before our train trip to the NASA exhibit August 21!

Hey Jolly we're headed into a heat wave of 112+ too. Wishing you cool Christmas breezes. :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:41 am

Just for fun I did a "virtual vacation" run of prices to Alaska! The necessary train travel and desired hotels were really not that bad. As expected, it's the airfare to the US in the "summer" that can dampen one's Christmas spirits. Still on the bucket list though! I also saw that a Hallmark movie "Christmas Under Wraps" takes place in Alaska. Have to check that one out.

I looked at FeelN last night. The Christmas in July "feature" is gone, but you can still search for "Christmas" and anything with Christmas in the title comes up. You could probably search for other movies by title but I was too Christmas tired. I started Silent NIght before the trip to Germany, but then the internet went down. Have to see if I can finish that one.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KmJ1hVwFww

for you Christmas in August viewing pleasure.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:03 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KmJ1hVwFww

watched the first 15 minutes at lunch. Looks too Christmas cute. I already want to move to Garland, Alaska. though I have lived at the North Pole too long. My first thoughts were that the main character needs a robe and practical boots. :elfgrin: :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:21 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Just for fun I did a "virtual vacation" run of prices to Alaska! The necessary train travel and desired hotels were really not that bad. As expected, it's the airfare to the US in the "summer" that can dampen one's Christmas spirits. Still on the bucket list though! I also saw that a Hallmark movie "Christmas Under Wraps" takes place in Alaska. Have to check that one out.

I looked at FeelN last night. The Christmas in July "feature" is gone, but you can still search for "Christmas" and anything with Christmas in the title comes up. You could probably search for other movies by title but I was too Christmas tired. I started Silent NIght before the trip to Germany, but then the internet went down. Have to see if I can finish that one.

Alaska trip is a great bucket list goal! :D

And CHRISTMAS UNDER WRAPs was Hallmarks' most popular new movie last year. It was cute -- you will like it Jolly.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:24 am

I was reading an article last night that said in 2014 there were 30 new made for tv Christmas movies.........wow, no wonder it is hard to keep up. I was telling Perky that used to be maybe 1 or 2 new made for tv movies and 1 big screen feature.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:24 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

watched the first 15 minutes at lunch. Looks too Christmas cute. I already want to move to Garland, Alaska. though I have lived at the North Pole too long. My first thoughts were that the main character needs a robe and practical boots. :elfgrin: :snowwow:

I would move to Alaska in a heartbeat! But my family loves the desert so here I am to stay. Thinking cold thoughts.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:35 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:

I would move to Alaska in a heartbeat! But my family loves the desert so here I am to stay. Thinking cold thoughts.

had I known I was going to move far away from home. I tease Perky that I should have been on Alaskanmen.com instead of yahoo. At least Alaska is technically still in the US. But this TExas girl does enjoy the snow at Christmas. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:03 am

Merry Monday Christmas!!!
I hope everybody has a great week.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:07 am

Noel+ wrote:

I'll have to set my DVR for the new Christmas movie premiers. We will be having a get-together with friends that night.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:08 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Monday Christmas!!!
I hope everybody has a great week.

:holly1: MERRY MONDAY my Christmas friend! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:10 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

I'll have to set my DVR for the new Christmas movie premiers. We will be having a get-together with friends that night.

That makes watching Christmas movies on demand. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:43 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

Love Christmas Under Wraps!
Love Candace Cameron Bure. Great role model for young women.
My favorite Christmas movie with Candace in it is Let It Snow.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:09 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:

We saw a Christmas Movie with her on the November trip to the US. We had to make an emergency run to Houston because Perky lost his passport and stopped in a hotel in Brenham on the way home. That night we saw the Candace Cameron Movie about a hotel in the Mountains where generations of families have gone to celebrate and the son who wants to change it. Does that sound like the right one? I thought it was great but could not remember the title We were pretty out of it after "navigating" Houston traffic. OUr marriage almost did not survive Houston traffic. ;-) :razzberry:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:20 pm

Yes that is Let it Snow. Also a great Christmas movie. Good choice Christmas Crazy. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:

"Loving the desert" does not compute in my Christmas mind. :think:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:19 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:

We saw a Christmas Movie with her on the November trip to the US. We had to make an emergency run to Houston because Perky lost his passport and stopped in a hotel in Brenham on the way home. That night we saw the Candace Cameron Movie about a hotel in the Mountains where generations of families have gone to celebrate and the son who wants to change it. Does that sound like the right one? I thought it was great but could not remember the title We were pretty out of it after "navigating" Houston traffic. OUr marriage almost did not survive Houston traffic. ;-) :razzberry:

That's it! - Let it Snow!
Loved all the Christmas traditions from around the world in that movie.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter