CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:33 am

finished Christmas Under Wraps last night while hemming Perky's new work pants. I hate hemming, am so NOT a seamstress, but watching the movie made the time go by quickly. Look forward to seeing some of the others on YouTube. I read that hallmark will have 16 new Christmas movies this year. Wow! They really crank them out now. What was the last big picture Christmas feature? We are a bit behind here at the North Pole. I would love to have Let it Snow and Christmas Under Wraps in a DVD collection. So many Christmas movies, so little time.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:47 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-Of-Christ ... 461cc22e93

This is unfortunately way too expensive right now, but I bet it has lots of fascinating Christmas tales.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:24 am

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm still dreaming of a white Christmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:26 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-Of-Christmas-From-Near-And-Far-Alaska-Canada-Czechoslovakia-Sweden-1963-/301130198675?hash=item461cc22e93

This is unfortunately way too expensive right now, but I bet it has lots of fascinating Christmas tales.

That looks very interesting. Maybe Santa will leave it under the tree some Christmas.
:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:30 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:finished Christmas Under Wraps last night while hemming Perky's new work pants. I hate hemming, am so NOT a seamstress, but watching the movie made the time go by quickly. Look forward to seeing some of the others on YouTube. I read that hallmark will have 16 new Christmas movies this year. Wow! They really crank them out now. What was the last big picture Christmas feature? We are a bit behind here at the North Pole. I would love to have Let it Snow and Christmas Under Wraps in a DVD collection. So many Christmas movies, so little time.

I've noticed that Hallmark is not releasing very many of its Christmas movies on DVD. At least not the newest ones (2013/2014). There are a couple I would like to have. Especially Let it Snow.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:41 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:finished Christmas Under Wraps last night while hemming Perky's new work pants. I hate hemming, am so NOT a seamstress, but watching the movie made the time go by quickly. Look forward to seeing some of the others on YouTube. I read that hallmark will have 16 new Christmas movies this year. Wow! They really crank them out now. What was the last big picture Christmas feature? We are a bit behind here at the North Pole. I would love to have Let it Snow and Christmas Under Wraps in a DVD collection. So many Christmas movies, so little time.

I've noticed that Hallmark is not releasing very many of its Christmas movies on DVD. At least not the newest ones (2013/2014). There are a couple I would like to have. Especially Let it Snow.

That makes me as sad as a kid the day after Christmas. I guess it saves on the production costs and with so many online services now, hard copies are going out of style.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:44 am

We listen to a lot of OTR and last night were listening to an episode from the "hallmark hall of fame". I need to break down and buy the whole series. Hard to imagine that Hallmark has been producing quality programming even before tv..........
www.otrcat.com if you also know an OTR fan who would like some Mp3 disks for Christmas. No, I don't get any kick backs, I just love that site.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:15 pm

The Fall 2015 LTD Catalog came in the mail yesterday. It was littered with Christmas items throughout. It's another sign that Christmas will soon be here.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:42 am

LOh that would be a fantastic Christmas adventure! Maybe someday?!
Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-Of-Christmas-From-Near-And-Far-Alaska-Canada-Czechoslovakia-Sweden-1963-/301130198675?hash=item461cc22e93

:holly1: That would hem a fantastic Christmas adventure. I'm ooing & ahing over it! Maybe someday...Santa are you listening!

:snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:45 am

Noel+ wrote:LOh that would be a fantastic Christmas adventure! Maybe someday?!

ONce upon a time, I had an Advent book that had a family "convocation" (devotion/ceremony) for every night of advent. It had a bible passage, then a folktale from different lands. There were even weekend menus celebrating different events like St. Nicolas Day, Santa Lucia, the crèche (St Francis, I think) and Las Posadas. I bought it for $1 at Family Christian stores in the early 90's. It disappeared after being taken to church to be read before a choir concert (the kind of church where you had to show up an hour early to get a seat). I still think the lady next to me stole it. ;-)

I would give up all my future Christmas presents to have that book back....... :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:48 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:The Fall 2015 LTD Catalog came in the mail yesterday. It was littered with Christmas items throughout. It's another sign that Christmas will soon be here.

:holly1: My catalogs are all harvest themes so far. Waiting for my first Christmas themes catalog!

:scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:54 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

ONce upon a time, I had an Advent book that had a family "convocation" (devotion/ceremony) for every night of advent. It had a bible passage, then a folktale from different lands. There were even weekend menus celebrating different events like St. Nicolas Day, Santa Lucia, the crèche (St Francis, I think) and Las Posadas. I bought it for $1 at Family Christian stores in the early 90's. It disappeared after being taken to church to be read before a choir concert (the kind of church where you had to show up an hour early to get a seat). I still think the lady next to me stole it. ;-)

I would give up all my future Christmas presents to have that book back....... :shop:

Wow what a Christmas book! Let's hope it passed to a family who appreciates it. Sorry it was taken from you Jolly. :|

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:58 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:

Wow what a Christmas book! Let's hope it passed to a family who appreciates it. Sorry it was taken from you Jolly. :|

Yeah, I checked the lost and found for about 10 years until I left. I was so Christmas sad.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:20 am

Do you remember the title...author...publisher? If so search the web for a used copy/reprint. That would be a great Christmas find!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:09 am

Noel+ wrote:Do you remember the title...author...publisher? If so search the web for a used copy/reprint. That would be a great Christmas find!

I have been trying for 20 years now. The only thing I remember is that it was purple and had the advent wreath on the front. There are a million new advent devotional books every year. The "family convocations" that was the word used, have been a unique way to search, but so far no luck. It was a small paper back, probably less than 100 pages. I usually take much better notes but none of my journals from the time had the information. The journals went by way of the trash man when I left my first husband but it had been gone for around 10 years at that point. Maybe one day I will find one at half price books when we visit Texas. Now THAT would be a Christmas miracle! Stranger things have happened...........after all, I married a tomte and moved to the North Pole! :scene: :snowwow: :gbhouse: :laugh:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:39 pm

Merry Wassail Wednesday Christmas Evening!
Everyone must have had a busy day just like me.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:27 pm

Well, the Christmas shopping has begun! I just spent $100 on 6 presents at Amazon.com. Not bad. Now I will have a good excuse to get the Christmas wrapping paper down out of the attic. Woohoo!!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:46 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Wassail Wednesday Christmas Evening!
Everyone must have had a busy day just like me.

Work....dinner....church. And thoughts of Christmas.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:47 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Well, the Christmas shopping has begun! I just spent $100 on 6 presents at Amazon.com. Not bad. Now I will have a good excuse to get the Christmas wrapping paper down out of the attic. Woohoo!!!!

Kudos on your Christmas shopping bonanza! :hbd: :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:50 am

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!!!
Be blessed my friends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter