CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:16 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:trying to come up with a Christmas in August dinner tomorrow night. Challenges, it's a week night...I was originally thinking we would just go out to eat, but we had a bit too good a time on the weekend getaway for that. So, something quick, Christmassy, and out of the box............hm...........where are those TEXAS HEB tamales when you need them.

:holly1: Jolly, my brother was here today before his flight to San Antonio for the US Marine Raider reunion. He taunted me that he'll be having Christmas tamales tonight! His hotel is right on the river front! Not that I'm jealous or anything........... :whistle:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:17 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://insidebutlercounty.com/event/2015/08/sing-hosannas-popular-christmas-in-august-dinner-comedy-theater/

This sounds like too much Christmas in August fun! Too bad we missed it!

Christmas bummer. 8-)

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:19 pm

CandyKane wrote:Hello Christmas friends! :ornwave: It feels like forever since I checked in. It's been crazy busy for us. My girl is back in school now so that frees up a little time. We are having an unusually cool August. It feels like Fall. :cheer: All the weather guessers are saying its gonna be a brutally cold and snowy Winter. I wouldn't mind being snowed in with a big stack of good Christmas books. :elfgrin: Fall and Halloween items are out in the stores here. I have become acquainted with a lady that supplements her families income by direct sales of products. Her family is really struggling right now so I've decided to buy as many of my Christmas gifts as I can from her. :shop: Have a fabulous Monday everyone! :smilecc:

CandyCane!!! You've been missed Christmas friend! I thought maybe you had a long summer vacation. So glad you can stop by more often now, Your heart is always so sensitive and its just like you to support a struggling family. Now that's the true spirit of Christmas! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:20 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Monday Christmas!!!
I hope everybody has a great week.

It's starting out to be a great week with two Christmas friends back home at CAY. WIshing you a great Christmas week too CC! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:22 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:Hello to all of my Christmas friends. I hope everyone is well. It's been a few years. Have a great evening. mistletoe misfit. Ange

:shock: Ange its a delightful surprise to have you home at CAY again! We've really missed you! Hope you, you & your family are all healthy & happy. :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:25 pm

CandyKane wrote:Yay! It's mistletoe misfit! It's so good to see you my Christmas friend! It's been way too long :smilecc:

I absolutely agree with you CandyCane. You've been missed Mistletoe Misfit!!!! You've made this Monday Christmas bright! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:27 pm

Today I had a wonderful visit with my brother. He stopped before going to the airport to travel to San Antonio. Then in 6 days he's flying to Washington for a weeks vacation there & in Canada. He has lost 84 lbs, exercised til he's lean & mean, and looks fabulous. Just the Christmas inspiration I needed today. :D :D :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:28 pm

Running errands at Walmart this evening I noticed they have all their Autumn decorations on the floor. I need a new wreath so enjoyed the browsing. And what did I find in the Garden Center? A roped off area filled with Christmas trees! :snowtree:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:31 pm

Noel+ wrote:Today I had a wonderful visit with my brother. He stopped before going to the airport to travel to San Antonio. Then in 6 days he's flying to Washington for a weeks vacation there & in Canada. He has lost 84 lbs, exercised til he's lean & mean, and looks fabulous. Just the Christmas inspiration I needed today. :D :D :D

I'm glad your Christmas spirit was lifted today while visiting with your brother. I'll get to spend a few days with mine this Christmas. Can't wait. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:32 pm

Noel+ wrote:Running errands at Walmart this evening I noticed they have all their Autumn decorations on the floor. I need a new wreath so enjoyed the browsing. And what did I find in the Garden Center? A roped off area filled with Christmas trees! :snowtree:

Yay!!!! Christmas is coming!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:27 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Today I had a wonderful visit with my brother. He stopped before going to the airport to travel to San Antonio. Then in 6 days he's flying to Washington for a weeks vacation there & in Canada. He has lost 84 lbs, exercised til he's lean & mean, and looks fabulous. Just the Christmas inspiration I needed today. :D :D :D

I'm glad your Christmas spirit was lifted today while visiting with your brother. I'll get to spend a few days with mine this Christmas. Can't wait. :elfgrin:

Thank you Christmas Crazy.

:D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:19 am

mistletoe misfit wrote::smilecc: Hello to all of my Christmas friends. I hope everyone is well. It's been a few years. Have a great evening. mistletoe misfit. Ange

Welcome back Christmas Friend!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:20 am

Wow, I wish we were still in SA to welcome him. Wishing him all the Chrismtas best.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:23 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:trying to come up with a Christmas in August dinner tomorrow night. Challenges, it's a week night...I was originally thinking we would just go out to eat, but we had a bit too good a time on the weekend getaway for that. So, something quick, Christmassy, and out of the box............hm...........where are those TEXAS HEB tamales when you need them.

:holly1: Jolly, my brother was here today before his flight to San Antonio for the US Marine Raider reunion. He taunted me that he'll be having Christmas tamales tonight! His hotel is right on the river front! Not that I'm jealous or anything........... :whistle:

OH wow. We stayed at El Tropicano when we were there. Too bad the ex isn't still in SA too, he Always love to meet fellow marines. We were at the El Tropicano in November, but they had their Christmas tree up. I'll try to remember to put a pic on 'facebook when I come home today.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:24 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Wow!!! :snowwow:

Noel, Jolly O'Leary, CandyKane, mistletoe misfit, and Christmas Crazy all show up on the same day at CAY. Santa must have sent out an all hands on deck order.
We're still missing a few, but I sure am glad to see everyone here.

:smilecc:

Come to Think of it we have not Heard from Kiwidoggy in a while. I hope he is having a good Christmas time.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:05 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Saw something about QVC having a promotion on August 25 for Christmas in August. I have long lost track of my friend I SA who used to take Christmas in July off to watch QVC. I wonder if she will be sitting on the couch in front of the tv tomorrow thinking cool Christmas thoughts.

I will definitely be glued to QVC tomorrow for all the Christmas fun available! :shop:

I don't think we are having much of a celebration. WE barely said Merry Christmas to each other this morning. It is Perky's first day as a classroom assistant and registration issues continue to take up my days. I was dreaming about taking off a couple of hours early to go home and really make a nice dinner, but not gonna happen. I might try to catch of bit of QVC online while doing the dishes and when I go to bed. Ironically, the prefekt is off today and tomorrow. I wonder if she is somewhere celebrating Christmas in August. :scene:

Merry Christmas in August to all my Christmas friends!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:21 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://insidebutlercounty.com/event/2015/08/sing-hosannas-popular-christmas-in-august-dinner-comedy-theater/

This sounds like too much Christmas in August fun! Too bad we missed it!

Christmas bummer. 8-)

Turns out my friend who is in the process of "retiring" to Pennsylvania said Butler is "just down the road". Sounds like it could be on my Christmas bucket list afterall. I want to know what was on the menu.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:22 am

For your Christmas in August viewing pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YOkGog-m8U

I thought Ray Stevens was one of those "disgusting" comedians, so I almost did not click on it. Either this is mild because it is Christmas, or I have him mixed up with someone else. This part at least is Christmas cute. I will preview the other parts before posting.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:35 am

For your Christmas in August Viewing pleasure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVQhH-uWvqE

hilarious. made my Christmas day!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:43 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77Xeek-AhHY

For your Christmas in August viewing pleasure:
sorry I did not watch or post them in order.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter