CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:37 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpDyr5ueF8k

Here is a Swedish cartoon called Laban and the Christmas Elf (Jultomten=Santa Claus). Laban is a friendly ghost like Caspar.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:41 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpDyr5ueF8k

Here is a Swedish cartoon called Laban and the Christmas Elf (Jultomten=Santa Claus). Laban is a friendly ghost like Caspar.
Also a good view of the Swedish traditions. Check out the decorations. love the Halloween/Christmas crossover.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:28 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:The Hallmark Channel announced that they will have a float in this years Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It will be a Christmas countdown theme.

This is so awesome! A countdown to Christmas float is a great idea. I can't wait to see it! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:40 pm

My daughter is currently selling items to support her school and 2 other clubs she's in. On the bright side, we are stocked up on frozen pastries, cookies, pizza, beef jerky, and magazines until Christmas 2016. :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:49 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:The Hallmark Channel announced that they will have a float in this years Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It will be a Christmas countdown theme.

This is so awesome! A countdown to Christmas float is a great idea. I can't wait to see it! :smilecc:

Now that is a great new Christmas tradition for Hallmark. Thanks CandyKane! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:21 pm

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:02 pm

Bad afternoon. I wish it was Christmas! :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:10 pm

CandyKane wrote:Bad afternoon. I wish it was Christmas! :holly1:

Oh sorry about your disappointing circumstances. Think Christmas thoughts. You're stronger than whatever this is CandyKane. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:42 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:53 pm

Noel+ wrote:

Oh sorry about your disappointing circumstances. Think Christmas thoughts. You're stronger than whatever this is CandyKane. :D

Thanks dear Noel! My evening changed course and got a whole lot better. But I still wish it was Christmas! :lol: :singing:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:59 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Thanks dear Noel! My evening changed course and got a whole lot better. But I still wish it was Christmas! :lol: :singing:

I wish it was Christmas too. Especially for you CK.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:46 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Glad to know things are better for you CK.I wish it was Christmas too. :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:35 am

Today is Brittsommar, the "official" Indian Summer day and it was 39F! Starting to feel a bit more like Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:32 am

Caught a Christmas episode of NCIS last night with special guest star Robert Wagoner. Two Christmas treats in one.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:45 am

Watching a Christmas episode of 'The Middle'. I love this show! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNqFvv_Imjg

Since Sweden does not have a "thanksgiving culture", we have to borrow from the Canadian. First Thanksgiving, then Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas! I was teasing Perky saying that if we had had children, they would have been so confused. Swedes already get Thanksgiving and Halloween mixed up. :laugh: :thanks:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:22 pm

You could not ask for a more beautiful Fall day. I've been outside playing with the puppies. My Dads stock dog had pups and of course my dd had to have one. And since she couldn't decide which one she wanted she had to have two. They really are sweet but I foresee lots of problems when the Christmas decorations go up. They love to play....with everything. :elf:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:35 pm

This. Year my dd wants to be a Minion for Halloween. Her costume will be homemade. I have everything but the overalls and she'll be all set. She really wants a Grinch costume to. I don't know if they sell them for Halloween and I don't know where I would even start making one. I always though it would be great to trick-or-treat decorated as a wrapped Christmas package. We made these costumes for a parade one year and they were so cute! :pumpkin: :pumpkin: :ornasmile:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:52 pm

Today's mail brought a Christmas gift I ordered for my Dad. A customized coffe mug. It's not much, but since it's got his granddaughters beautiful face on it I know he'll love it. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:54 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Caught a Christmas episode of NCIS last night with special guest star Robert Wagoner. Two Christmas treats in one.

That was a great Christmas episode. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter