CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:01 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
mistletoe misfit wrote:Good Thursday morning Christmas friends! Anyone here still get the Sears Wish Book? We do, it is getting smaller and smaller each year. I fear that one year in the not distant future it may not exist. But for now we will continue to enjoy it in our house. I look forward to it each year.

Yes I mentioned the Sears Wish book in an earlier post. Just loved it as a child. My sister & I poured over it each day. Thanks for posting the new cover for Christmas. :smilecc:

You Canadians are blessed to still receive the Wish Book.

Where can I get a Sears Christmas Wish Book?

You need to take a trip to Canada or other country where Sears distributes the Wish Book. It hasn't been available in USA, as far as I know, for a long time. Christmas bummer. :x

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:02 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:My mother said she is sending a "red cross package" hopefully in time for Christmas.

:snowgirl: Ooo Christmas surprise packages are the BEST!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:04 pm

CandyKane wrote:Hubby gets a Sears tool catalog every year at Christmas but I haven't gotten a Wishbook in quite a while. Love the cover! I wonder if the larger stores still carry the catalogs :think:

Sadly, CK, Sears hasn't distributed the Christmas Wish Book in the USA for quite a while. Atleast I don't know anyone who receives them and online is an arcive site. :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:15 pm

Goodnite Christmas friends. I'll be working while you revel in sugarplum dreams!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:16 pm

P>S>: 2025 Christmas posts! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:27 am

CandyKane wrote:Hubby gets a Sears tool catalog every year at Christmas but I haven't gotten a Wishbook in quite a while. Love the cover! I wonder if the larger stores still carry the catalogs :think:

When I was a kid, I had several years worth saved in the closet. I think my father has some "antique" reproductions. They are too Christmas fun.

I really need some prayers. My job may technically be secure but my attitude has been horrible. I need prayers to remember that I am thankful I have a job and to suck it up. The bad attitude mostly comes from hating the janitorial tasks of my job. I am the department slave, yes it is in my job description. NO, I do not like it. I am also in charge of IT, phones, copy machine, and computer licenses. I am NOT technically minded at all and could not do the job without the help of my beautiful husband who has given countless hours both on and off the clock to help me out. I had been an office manager for 6 years prior to coming to Sweden, bookkeeper 3 years before that, telephone operator for 2, and bank teller for 13, and "customer service" never bothered me, in fact I can enjoy it. So, I am trying to analyse what it is about the Swedish mindset that makes me feel like a slave. NO answers yet. I got probably what would pass as a verbal warning on Monday from the little boss. So, keep those Christmas prayers coming. I really don't want to have to look for a job. :angelpray:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:43 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 70 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:44 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:49 am

On my way to the Prayer Breakfast this early morning (but can't eat or drink anything) then it's off to the surgery center to get a shot in my spine for back pain. So I will be sleeping off the anesthesia most of the morning and early afternoon. I'll try and check back in with you all tonight my Christmas friends. Have a blessed day!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:55 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:On my way to the Prayer Breakfast this early morning (but can't eat or drink anything) then it's off to the surgery center to get a shot in my spine for back pain. So I will be sleeping off the anesthesia most of the morning and early afternoon. I'll try and check back in with you all tonight my Christmas friends. Have a blessed day!

OH so sorry! Wishing you pleasant Christmas dreams and to awake pain free. :sleephat:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:02 am

A few years ago I found an old Christmas Wishbook at a book sale and bought it. I can't remember what year it was from but that thing was huge. It made for some happy hours of remembering Christmas past. I need to try and find it to share with my dd. She won't believe it. :angelmerry:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:04 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:On my way to the Prayer Breakfast this early morning (but can't eat or drink anything) then it's off to the surgery center to get a shot in my spine for back pain. So I will be sleeping off the anesthesia most of the morning and early afternoon. I'll try and check back in with you all tonight my Christmas friends. Have a blessed day!

Ouch! Sorry about your back pain. Hoping the shot works Christmas miracles for you. :angelpray: :angel:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:06 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

When I was a kid, I had several years worth saved in the closet. I think my father has some "antique" reproductions. They are too Christmas fun.

I really need some prayers. My job may technically be secure but my attitude has been horrible. I need prayers to remember that I am thankful I have a job and to suck it up. The bad attitude mostly comes from hating the janitorial tasks of my job. I am the department slave, yes it is in my job description. NO, I do not like it. I am also in charge of IT, phones, copy machine, and computer licenses. I am NOT technically minded at all and could not do the job without the help of my beautiful husband who has given countless hours both on and off the clock to help me out. I had been an office manager for 6 years prior to coming to Sweden, bookkeeper 3 years before that, telephone operator for 2, and bank teller for 13, and "customer service" never bothered me, in fact I can enjoy it. So, I am trying to analyse what it is about the Swedish mindset that makes me feel like a slave. NO answers yet. I got probably what would pass as a verbal warning on Monday from the little boss. So, keep those Christmas prayers coming. I really don't want to have to look for a job. :angelpray:

Hang in there Jolly. Sending warm Christmas wishes your way. :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:54 pm

Prayers sent your way this morning & hoping by now you are resting. Please take time to heal CC because you want to be pain-free at Christmas! You have all weekend to post at CAY. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:01 pm

Jolly you are in my prayers. We all need attitude adjustment s at times. Or we make a choice to leave that job. My life has taught me it's a test. You are bigger than the test my Christmas friend! Asking for God's peace; wisdom & guidance for you. Hugs. :rabstar:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:16 pm

I just love classic Disney everything. But Disney retro Christmas is the best! A little Friday holiday cheer....and it has my name on it! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:28 am

Good morning Christmas friends. Make it a Super Saturday.
:smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:51 am

Typical Saturday chores. Nothing special. The red checked curtains I ordered for Christams are on their way. Might buy some red lace ones from the catalog for the living room. Perky says changing curtains is fun...........shaking head........
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:52 am

In celebration of October being Breast Cancer Awareness, and in memorium to great women in my family & friends who lost this fight I am participating in the Walk for A Cure today.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:55 am

Noel+ wrote:In celebration of October being Breast Cancer Awareness, and in memorium to great women in my family & friends who lost this fight I am participating in the Walk for A Cure today.

I hope you have a blessed time at the Walk Christmas friend. Both of my grandmothers had breast cancer and my Swedish sister in law is a survivor.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter