CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:38 pm

Puternut wrote:I have updated the links to my Christmas story, I wrote for kids of all ages.. LOL incase any of you can't find it on forum pg. I will add links here one is in PDF the other I put on Utube where you can pause to read or make full screen. Would love to hear what ya'll think of it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kp5tf7ksbgwg7o4/Christmas%20Story.wmv?dl=0

Utube link: https://youtu.be/CD0aV83fk0U

Puternut we just love the youtube format. Elmer & Snowball are two favorite new Christmas characters now. A really cute story & the presentation is nice. Being able to place a page on pause for kiddos to read & discuss the story is great. In fact I am losing my tablet now so they can watch it again. And again. :D KUDOS!! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:32 am

Merry Christmas Monday! We were sent home at 2:30 due to a major Power outage. Seems a Cable was cut by a Construction crew. I am debating about going in tomorrow or taking that "mental Health day" I have been needing.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Merry Monday Christmas!!!
I hope everybody has a great week.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:49 pm

MERRY Monday Christmas !!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:51 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Christmas Monday! We were sent home at 2:30 due to a major Power outage. Seems a Cable was cut by a Construction crew. I am debating about going in tomorrow or taking that "mental Health day" I have been needing.

Sounds like Santa sent a Christmas elf to cleverly shorten your work day. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:54 pm

:O :O :-O Christmas friends it is a very busy Monday. Take care & make it a great day!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:34 pm

With only 38 days till the start of the Christmas season, I'm beginning to get a little excited.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:12 pm

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:16 am

Tuesday night on ABC: The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown! followed by Toy Story of Terror. Halloween fun means Christmas is closer each day.

ImageImage

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:42 am

Good Morning Christmas friends!
Canada voted yesterday and today we have a new Prime Minister - Mr. Justin Trudeau.
It is 6:37 am here, I am enjoying a quiet cup of coffee while my son gets ready for school. Soon it will be time to wake the girls. Have a wonderful day everyone! :thumbs: :thumbs:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:44 am

Good Morning Mistletoe Misfit and all my Christmas-loving friends. Wishing ou a great Tuesday!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:29 am

Wishing all my Christmas friends a Totally Tinsel Tuesday!! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:52 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:Our youngest, catching snowflakes on her tongue. Just a short time ago. Feeling Christmassy.

I love this cute pic Mistletoe Misfit! It reminds me of the scene from A Charlie Brown Christmas when Linus catches a snowflake on his tongue. Lucy tells him it's too early and she never eats December snowflakes. She waits until January but Linus thinks they sure look ripe to him. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:55 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Yesterday Michelle and I went to a Buddy Walk. A fund raiser for Down Syndrome Awareness. It was a wonderful time with several hundred in attendance. There was a pumpkin patch, hay rides, dance contest, pumpkin decorating, and a corn maze. We had such a good time. We are anticipating more good times this Christmas.

The only thing better than good family fun is good family fun that supports a great cause. It's the little things that keeps the Spirit of Christmas alive all year long. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:08 am

Puternut wrote:I have updated the links to my Christmas story, I wrote for kids of all ages.. LOL incase any of you can't find it on forum pg. I will add links here one is in PDF the other I put on Utube where you can pause to read or make full screen. Would love to hear what ya'll think of it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kp5tf7ksbgwg7o4/Christmas%20Story.wmv?dl=0

Utube link: https://youtu.be/CD0aV83fk0U

I really enjoyed you Christmas story Puternut. Having it on YouTube works great for me. :penny:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:05 am

I just love October and November cooking. There are about 8 variations of "thanksgiving" that we like to make this time of year. Swedish thanksgiving, American thanksgiving, thanksgiving lasagna (my weird famiy's new thing), spamsgiving delight (frugal thanksgiving), turkey tetrazzini, höstgryta (Swedish fall stew), and a vegetarian "thanksgiving". My definition of "thanksgiving" is turkey, sweet potatoes, and cranbery sauce, anything else is a bonus. We had Swedish höstgryta last weekend, I am thinking this weekend is "spamgiving delight" made with Swedish falu sausage so it is much better than it sounds. Basically we celebrate "thanksgiving" from Swedish thanksgiving until first advent, then it's time for Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:05 pm

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm still dreaming of a white Christmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:32 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:I just love October and November cooking. There are about 8 variations of "thanksgiving" that we like to make this time of year. Swedish thanksgiving, American thanksgiving, thanksgiving lasagna (my weird famiy's new thing), spamsgiving delight (frugal thanksgiving), turkey tetrazzini, höstgryta (Swedish fall stew), and a vegetarian "thanksgiving". My definition of "thanksgiving" is turkey, sweet potatoes, and cranbery sauce, anything else is a bonus. We had Swedish höstgryta last weekend, I am thinking this weekend is "spamgiving delight" made with Swedish falu sausage so it is much better than it sounds. Basically we celebrate "thanksgiving" from Swedish thanksgiving until first advent, then it's time for Christmas!

Jolly I enjoy hearing about your celebrations. Especially as we countdown to Christmas! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:39 pm

I just watched "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown". Love it!
I'm ready for Christmas now!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:41 pm

Image 2100 Christmas Posts!!! Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter