CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:31 am

Merry Monday Thursday my Christmas friends!
What are you grateful for this Thursday?

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:47 am

Good Afternoon Christmas Friends! I am trying to stay awake at work. Found out I have a surprise blood test and drs appointment next week so trying to stay off the caffeine for today. I have not been very good lately at all, so I will most likely get coal in my Christmas stocking this year. OH well, at least I can eat on the cruise and enjoy Christmas dinner!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:25 am

Jolly if Santa gives you coal for caffeine we're all having a sad Christmas! I am drinking diet coke for breakfast. :laugh:

Hope your tests show you healthy & still elf feisty. :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:29 am

My Autumn decorating is finished. Yay! My DH found a big box of fall items....including tablecloths/napkins. I stayed up all night to add them to our kitchen/family & living rooms. :peekleaves2: My DH drew the line at the hallway/back of house. Finally it feels like Fall in 90F temps.

I am so grateful for these decorations.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:59 am

Noel+ wrote:Jolly if Santa gives you coal for caffeine we're all having a sad Christmas! I am drinking diet coke for breakfast. :laugh:

Well, it's not so much the caffeine as I am trying to drink lots of water before the blood tests. I cannot undo the long term results but I can at least make some things not quite so bad. They have wanted to put me on insulin here for years because it is cheaper (the downside to social medicine is you do not have a lot of choices). I keep fighting. Usually, if I get bad results in December (who wouldn't?) I say give me three months to do better and then I have to get back to basics. I realize that some day it will happen, but I want to put that day off as long as possible and still be able to enjoy Christmas. I do wish, however, that they would give us more notice. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:26 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Jolly if Santa gives you coal for caffeine we're all having a sad Christmas! I am drinking diet coke for breakfast. :laugh:

Well, it's not so much the caffeine as I am trying to drink lots of water before the blood tests. I cannot undo the long term results but I can at least make some things not quite so bad. They have wanted to put me on insulin here for years because it is cheaper (the downside to social medicine is you do not have a lot of choices). I keep fighting. Usually, if I get bad results in December (who wouldn't?) I say give me three months to do better and then I have to get back to basics. I realize that some day it will happen, but I want to put that day off as long as possible and still be able to enjoy Christmas. I do wish, however, that they would give us more notice. :scene:

Jolly absolutely put off the insulin until necessary. I wish I did not have to use it. What is your usual A1c? Mine is always higher after the holidays too. Chin up & keep chugging that water. Rooting for you friend! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:31 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:

Jolly absolutely put off the insulin until necessary. I wish I did not have to use it. What is your usual A1c? Mine is always higher after the holidays too. Chin up & keep chugging that water. Rooting for you friend! :smilecc:

I can tell you after my results. But Europe uses a different measuring system, so not sure it will make much sense. I have forgotten the old one. My meter said 5.3 around 10 a.m. so I needed a snack. I am supposed to be under 8 two hours after eating. Frankly, I do not take my blood sugar every day. I eat moderate meals try not to ingest liquid sugar (coke, etc) and take my blood when I think I need a mid morning or mid afternoon snack to make sure. Christmas is much more fun. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:04 am

I don't take my blood glucose every meal or everyday either Jolly. It gets to be a pain. My sugar is always very high but my last A1c was 7. My next test is the week before Christmas. It won't be 7 then. :lol: Common sense....a little exercise....water to me is the best approach. My Dad stayed off insulin until his 70s using that approach. Good luck friend. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:18 am

Noel+ wrote:I don't take my blood glucose every meal or everyday either Jolly. It gets to be a pain. My sugar is always very high but my last A1c was 7. My next test is the week before Christmas. It won't be 7 then. :lol: Common sense....a little exercise....water to me is the best approach. My Dad stayed off insulin until his 70s using that approach. Good luck friend. :D

Yes, I had JUST started taking a lunch walk and doing the stairs again in the apartment this week. I thought I had two months to get back "In shape" as I usually get summoned around Christmas. Surprise! :laugh:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:20 am

My hubby had a doctor appointment and some hospital tests this week. He's recently had 2 bouts with gout and a knee injury. The pain from those has sparked an almost total lack of exercise. Add that to an atrocious diet and if he gets through this without diabetes I will be surprised. I've been on him for the last year for his increasing laziness and now it's time to pay the price. I found a good treadmill and we are going to pick it up this weekend. I told him it's his early Christmas gift. :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:24 am

Looks like Halloween day will be a total washout with rain. We'll be going to an inside Fall festival but it'll be a real bummer for the trick-or-treating. Maybe Halloween rain will be a good sign for Christmas Eve snow. :snowwow: fingers crossed :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:36 am

I used my dvr to record last nights episodes of 'The Middle'. At the bottom of the screen it said that show will be taking a break until January to make way for the holiday programming. Which means Hallmark Christmas movies!! :santadance: It's starting to feel real now. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:37 am

CandyKane wrote:My hubby had a doctor appointment and some hospital tests this week. He's recently had 2 bouts with gout and a knee injury. The pain from those has sparked an almost total lack of exercise. Add that to an atrocious diet and if he gets through this without diabetes I will be surprised. I've been on him for the last year for his increasing laziness and now it's time to pay the price. I found a good treadmill and we are going to pick it up this weekend. I told him it's his early Christmas gift. :elfgrin:

CK:I hope he's on meds for his gout or drinks cherry extract daily. Gout is painful. My brother does both and been gout free for a year. He says gout is too painful for exercise flare ups. Kudos on the treadmill. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Good afternoon Christmas friends! The heavy rains stopped awhile ago. It looks like we may get some more. The wind gusts are horrible. There are many power outages through out this part of the province. Lots of downed trees, fences and power lines. The lights have been flickering and the internet has gone out a few times. Thoughts and prayers going out to those with no power.
I normally love being surrounded on two sides by forests of trees, but today admittedly it is a little scary. They have survived so many crazy storms over the past few years so they will today as well I hope. I look forward to the winds calming down. By tonight , tomorrow they say.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:32 pm

MM So glad you & family are safe. Let's hope the storms pass quickly. Storms in a forested area sounds a little scary to me. Christmas songs calm me. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:33 am

Happy Friday Christmas friends! The winds have slowly been dying down. Still some strong wind gusts but not with as much frequency. We should be in the clear later this morning. A little extra groggy this morning. The strong winds blowing the trees kept waking me up. It's amazing how much the trees can withstand. Especially the forest of tall pines that are to the south side of our house. We have an oak tree with its branches that were brushing up against our dining room roof and then the tall pines about only 10 feet further. I am truly amazed and thankful for their strength. It is a great relief when we have a storm such as this and don't lose our power. Many storms in the past have taken our power out and sometimes for days. I will wait until this afternoon and then start emptying all the pots and buckets of water. Happy this is over before Halloween so all the kiddies can enjoy their trick or treating. Have a wonderful Friday everyone!
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:58 am

Glad to hear the storm is finally dying down and your family made it through just fine. A few years back we had a small ice storm that moved in on Christmas Eve. Then about 8 years ago we had an ice storm that knocked out our power for 13 days. We have a good chance of ice again this Winter. Hopefully we won't get anything but fluffy Christmas snow. :snowwow: :flake:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:07 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:Happy Friday Christmas friends! The winds have slowly been dying down. Still some strong wind gusts but not with as much frequency. We should be in the clear later this morning. A little extra groggy this morning. The strong winds blowing the trees kept waking me up. It's amazing how much the trees can withstand. Especially the forest of tall pines that are to the south side of our house. We have an oak tree with its branches that were brushing up against our dining room roof and then the tall pines about only 10 feet further. I am truly amazed and thankful for their strength. It is a great relief when we have a storm such as this and don't lose our power. Many storms in the past have taken our power out and sometimes for days. I will wait until this afternoon and then start emptying all the pots and buckets of water. Happy this is over before Halloween so all the kiddies can enjoy their trick or treating. Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

:D Good morning MM. SO relieved that you & your family endured the storms safely. Enjoy the Halloween trick-or-treating. Christmas movies start tomorrow!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:08 am

CandyKane wrote:Glad to hear the storm is finally dying down and your family made it through just fine. A few years back we had a small ice storm that moved in on Christmas Eve. Then about 8 years ago we had an ice storm that knocked out our power for 13 days. We have a good chance of ice again this Winter. Hopefully we won't get anything but fluffy Christmas snow. :snowwow: :flake:

:snowwow: Hoping Santa only sends you fluffy Christmas snow this winter. Enjoy Halloween with DD!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:10 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS FRIDAY !!!

Hallmarks Countdown starts at midnight with their classic holiday movies!! Get the hot cocoa & popcorn ready --- I am !!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter