CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:32 am

ABC Family finally posted on Facebook that 25 Days of Christmas is Dec 1-25! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:01 am

Most Christmas Posts ever in one month!
October 2015: 473
:snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:25 am

2303 Christmas posts!!! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:53 am

We are less than 200 Christmas posts away from our yearly goal. I love it when a plan comes together. :lol: :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:08 pm

Happy Monday Christmas friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I started Decorating for Christmas yesterday. I have about eight Decorations out so far including the little Charlie Brown tree that I sat atop our entertainment unit. Only problem our very naughty kitty knocked it over last year after Christmas and broke the red christmas ball that hung from its branch. So I am on the hunt for a new red ball. I am going to try to find one a little less fragile.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:30 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:Happy Monday Christmas friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I started Decorating for Christmas yesterday. I have about eight Decorations out so far including the little Charlie Brown tree that I sat atop our entertainment unit. Only problem our very naughty kitty knocked it over last year after Christmas and broke the red christmas ball that hung from its branch. So I am on the hunt for a new red ball. I am going to try to find one a little less fragile.

MM Wal-Mart has plastic ball ornaments in every color/size. They are cat proof. I know this because our cats climb up inside our decorated Christmas tree & none have broken. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:11 pm

Oh Thank You Noel! :smilecc: I will definitely look the next time I am in Walmart. It's funny our cat Simba (12 years old) has never bothered with the ornaments other than to sleep in the nativity. Lol. And our old cat Gilbert , who passed away almost two years ago never bothered with the Christmas tree or any decorations either. But our Georgie( she turned 1 year in August) is very cute but a little wild and full of trouble. Lol
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:23 pm

I'm jealous of all the Christmas decorating going on. Tonight we will take down the Halloween decorations and put out the Thanksgiving decorations.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:24 pm

But.... In 24 days we'll start decorating for Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:37 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:But.... In 24 days we'll start decorating for Christmas!!!

Me too CC. I lobbied DH to let me take down some of the autumnal Thanksgiving decorations telling him MM is starting on Christmas. It didn't work because he's a staunch traditionalist on decorating dates. Oh well....24 days til Christmas decorating begins. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:39 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:Oh Thank You Noel! :smilecc: I will definitely look the next time I am in Walmart. It's funny our cat Simba (12 years old) has never bothered with the ornaments other than to sleep in the nativity. Lol. And our old cat Gilbert , who passed away almost two years ago never bothered with the Christmas tree or any decorations either. But our Georgie( she turned 1 year in August) is very cute but a little wild and full of trouble. Lol

MM I have never heard of a cat sleeping in a nativity set. :lol: Cats are Christmas fans too.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:49 pm

Yes , Thankfully it is a clothe,unbreakable nativity. I don't know how many times over numerous Christmas seasons I would find Simba in the nativity sleeping and sometimes baby Jesus would be pushed out. I like to think she was just trying to curl up with Jesus but she was just too big. She hasn't done that the past few years. But somewhere on some old computer I have a picture of her in it.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:26 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:I'm jealous of all the Christmas decorating going on. Tonight we will take down the Halloween decorations and put out the Thanksgiving decorations.

IN San Antonio we leave up the Halloween decorations until Nov 2 due to Dias de los Muertos. Since we are working, I will probably leave them up until Saturday when we are thinking of having the Thanksgiving turkey. The further into November we have American "thanksgiving", the harder it is to get ready for Christmas. :gbhouse: :scene: :thanks:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:27 pm

Years ago my Mom had an indoor car. She used to stomp through her Christmas village like a tiny Godzilla sending ice skaters, carolers, and lampposts flying with a swipe of her mighty paw. Mom used to put up a real tree and that crazy cat would run and climb it sending ornaments crashing down. She'd hide in there and it took forever to get her out. We all thought it was so funny. My mom not so much since she's the one who cleaned up the destruction. My sweet Mommas been gone 3 Years this week. Thanks for the walk down Christmas memory lane. :rabstar:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:34 pm

CandyKane wrote:Years ago my Mom had an indoor car. She used to stomp through her Christmas village like a tiny Godzilla sending ice skaters, carolers, and lampposts flying with a swipe of her mighty paw. Mom used to put up a real tree and that crazy cat would run and climb it sending ornaments crashing down. She'd hide in there and it took forever to get her out. We all thought it was so funny. My mom not so much since she's the one who cleaned up the destruction. My sweet Mommas been gone 3 Years this week. Thanks for the walk down Christmas memory lane. :rabstar:

I am so sorry about your mom CandyKane.
It sounds like you have some wonderful memories. Thank You for sharing them.
I have a village that I haven't put up in a couple of years. I am thinking that I may wait a few more after hearing your story. LOL Georgie is a real rascally girl and also one of the most uncoordinated cats we have ever seen. She is getting better as she gets more mature. But she would still be like a bull in a china shop and wreak real havoc on my village. Especially she has that real curiousness about her as well. :laugh:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:43 pm

So excited that Sirius xm started two of their Christmas music channels at 5. The Holly Channel and Holiday Traditions.
I listen to Christmas music all year on my CDs and songs I have downloaded from iTunes as as well I listen Accuradio . But it really puts me in the mood when the channels begin. :gbhouse:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:54 pm

There is just something about hearing Christmas music on the radio that makes it more special. Maybe because you know there are many others hearing the same songs you are. It's like sharing a Christmas moment with the world.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:33 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:So excited that Sirius xm started two of their Christmas music channels at 5. The Holly Channel and Holiday Traditions.
I listen to Christmas music all year on my CDs and songs I have downloaded from iTunes as as well I listen Accuradio . But it really puts me in the mood when the channels begin. :gbhouse:

Sure wish all the stations would begin their Christmas playlists earlier. Ah, well...........atleast they start in November nowadays. When I was a child you had to wait til the day after Thanksgiving or December. :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:39 am

MM and CK: here is a picture of our cat McChuffington inside our decorated Christmas tree! He always laid upon one of the inner branches. He never broke a single ornament!

He was definitely my Mom's cat. She passed 5 years ago. Bittersweet Christmas memories.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:40 am

Merry Totally Tinsel Tuesday!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter