CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:35 am

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:37 am

[img]wISHING%20EACH%20OF%20MY%20cHRISTMAS%20FRIENDS%20A%20HAPPY%20wEDNESDAY!![/img]

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:23 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:Here is our Simba sleeping in the nativity. She hasn't done this in a few Christmases since she is 12 now.

That is great. She looks very comfortable. Isn't it funny how cats think that when you set something out, it's for them to lie in. Especially at Christmas time.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:09 am

Noel the user control panel and message feature aren't working for me.
:think:

I was gonna see if anyone wanted to exchange Christmas cards they could pm me with their address but I might have to post an email instead. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:32 am

A friend recently posted on Facebook about how some parents really go overboard with their Santa gifts and how it's not fair to those parents who can't afford it. I've thought about this in the past but my dd is just now at an age where she would really notice. Every year all of her really good gifts have come from Santa. I know her and her friend are old enough to wonder why Santa brings her American Girl dolls and he brings her friend a gift from the Dollar Store. And why some houses have Elves on their Shelves and some don't. This year Santas bringing American Girl and Her Holiday Barbie and the rest is from Mom and Dad. Wishing every child who believes a really great gift from Santa this Christmas :merrysanta: :santagifts:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:16 pm

CandyKane wrote:Noel the user control panel and message feature aren't working for me.
:think:

I was gonna see if anyone wanted to exchange Christmas cards they could pm me with their address but I might have to post an email instead.

Yes I tried to PM but received a general error message too. I am going to make a card exchange post for us to list our email addresses. A little Christmas determination will conquer this issue. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:20 pm

Funny, I don't remember comparing Santa gifts as a kid. I Think most likely the year I got a bicycle, and other "Huge" items probably came from Santa. In my family, we opened on Christmas Eve, so "Santa" gifts were opened on Christmas morning. As my brother was 10 years younger and mentally under-developed, they continued throughout my time at home. Even after my divorce, my mother asked me which gift I wanted to open Christmas morning. I said not necessarily the most expensive, but the cutest and she would Point it out and I would save it unopened and take it home.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:24 pm

CHRISTMAS CARD EXCHANGE
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Many of us want to exchange Christmas cards again this year. The PM feature here at CAY is not working. Please post your email address so fellow members can send you their addresses. As always please keep the emails exclusively for this forum to protect members.

Count me in: Please email me
:smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:34 pm

CandyKane wrote:A friend recently posted on Facebook about how some parents really go overboard with their Santa gifts and how it's not fair to those parents who can't afford it. I've thought about this in the past but my dd is just now at an age where she would really notice. Every year all of her really good gifts have come from Santa. I know her and her friend are old enough to wonder why Santa brings her American Girl dolls and he brings her friend a gift from the Dollar Store. And why some houses have Elves on their Shelves and some don't. This year Santas bringing American Girl and Her Holiday Barbie and the rest is from Mom and Dad. Wishing every child who believes a really great gift from Santa this Christmas :merrysanta: :santagifts:

As a kid I never had this problem because the secret was ruined at an early age. There is no Santa when you go and pick out your Christmas gifts yourself. Oh well, it never ruined the holiday for me and I have tried to be better with my kids. I don't think my kids have ever compared Santa gifts with their friends, right now my two youngest could care less what other kids get, they just want to know that Santa put something under our tree for them.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby ksrjreed » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:36 pm

It is November 4th and it is going to be 80 degrees today and tomorrow. I live in Ohio is should be 50's to maybe low 60's, I am going to have to start the lawn mower again to cut grass because it hasn't stopped growing yet. Well, I will have my ear buds in and Christmas music playing while cutting tomorrow, so it isn't all bad. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby CandyKane » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:48 pm

At this point I'm just thankful to be enjoying another Christmas with a 3rd grader who truly believes in Santa. Kids loves to tell other kids there's no Santa. I know some parents who do it to. :grinch:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:52 pm

Noel+ wrote:CHRISTMAS CARD EXCHANGE

Many of us want to exchange Christmas cards again this year. The PM feature here at CAY is not working. Please post your email address so fellow members can send you their addresses. As always please keep the emails exclusively for this forum to protect members.

I created a special email just for this.
Send me your address at
Caycardlady@yahoo.com

Noel ~ I'm sending you my address. Can't wait to send and get these Christmas cards. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:57 pm

Count me in: Please email me at kmarsh31@gmail.com

Me too please!

christmascrazy@cox.net

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:44 pm

Emails for the Christmas card exchange sent to
Jolly
CandyKane
Christmas Crazy

Please email me your addresses too. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:46 pm

ksrjreed wrote:It is November 4th and it is going to be 80 degrees today and tomorrow. I live in Ohio is should be 50's to maybe low 60's, I am going to have to start the lawn mower again to cut grass because it hasn't stopped growing yet. Well, I will have my ear buds in and Christmas music playing while cutting tomorrow, so it isn't all bad. :smilecc:

It's in the 80s this week except for today. I can so relate ksrjreed! Bring on the wintry weather. :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:50 pm

Running errands & so disappointed our post office is out of Christmas stamps again!!! :razzberry: I refuse to send cards without them.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:19 pm

Count me in: rread2001@yahoo.com

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:41 pm

Just emailed you ksrjreed. So glad you joined in the Christmas fun too. :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:13 pm

Merry Wassail Wednesday Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:54 am

Christmas friends, I have notified Mrs. Claus that the PM function and Control Panel are receiving 'general error' messages. So, if like me, you want to update your signature and/or avatar you will need to be patient. Now it is ridiculously early here so maybe the site is updating? Make it a great Thursday!! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter