CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:15 am

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!!!
Be blessed my friends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:16 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:36 pm

I sent you an email ksrjreed. I can't wait to send out my Christmas cards. :santa:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:39 pm

It has rained all day long. I'm so glad that this is a very rare night where we have nothing to do. We have the Hallmark Channel on our regular Dish package and this month Hallmark Mysteries is free. This is a great night to stay in and watch Christmas movies :popcorn:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:37 am

CandyKane wrote:It has rained all day long. I'm so glad that this is a very rare night where we have nothing to do. We have the Hallmark Channel on our regular Dish package and this month Hallmark Mysteries is free. This is a great night to stay in and watch Christmas movies :popcorn:

Hallmark movies are on at our house now until January! Yesterday it was partly cloudy and 70F!! I was doing my happy dance....and watching Hallmark movies with the kiddos. You're right, CK, its a great way to enjoy the Christmas spirit!! :snowdance: :jump:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:38 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS FRIDAY!!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:07 am

Mistletoe Misfit hope all is well with you & family.My kiddos giggled at the picture of your pretty cat sleeping in the nativity set.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:26 am

CandyKane wrote:It has rained all day long. I'm so glad that this is a very rare night where we have nothing to do. We have the Hallmark Channel on our regular Dish package and this month Hallmark Mysteries is free. This is a great night to stay in and watch Christmas movies :popcorn:

I love watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark channels. I'm glad you and your family had the time to spend together.
:carolbells:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:29 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 49 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:58 am

So busy at work that I forgot it was Friday!
I have talked all week about cooking the turkey tomorrow, but then forgot to put it in the fridge. I put it in there this morning. According to a website a 4 kg turkey (around 8 lbs) takes 1 day and 4 hours to thaw. I figure I can give it a cold water bath Saturday during chores, or wait until Sunday to cook it. It is not the cooking and eating that takes so much time, it is deboning the rest. But it sure is nice to have a few weeks later. I still have some frozen turkey in the freezer from a previous year, wonder if it is still usable. We buy good turkey lunch meat for leftover sandwiches, don't want to waste the real thing. :thanks:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:39 am

Most of
Jolly O'Leary wrote:So busy at work that I forgot it was Friday!
I have talked all week about cooking the turkey tomorrow, but then forgot to put it in the fridge. I put it in there this morning. According to a website a 4 kg turkey (around 8 lbs) takes 1 day and 4 hours to thaw. I figure I can give it a cold water bath Saturday during chores, or wait until Sunday to cook it. It is not the cooking and eating that takes so much time, it is deboning the rest. But it sure is nice to have a few weeks later. I still have some frozen turkey in the freezer from a previous year, wonder if it is still usable. We buy good turkey lunch meat for leftover sandwiches, don't want to waste the real thing. :thanks:

Most of us have forgotten to thaw the turkey atleast once. I freeze turkey & thaw later fir meals. A year is a ling time but worth a try. I also don't use the turkey for lunches but save it for a taste-of-Christmas dinner. Enjoy hour meal Jolly.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:29 am

I used my last stamp yesterday which means a trip to the post office for Christmas stamps :santadance:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:01 am

CandyKane wrote:I used my last stamp yesterday which means a trip to the post office for Christmas stamps :santadance:

Oh yeah. That reminds me.
I need to go the post office and pick up some Charlie Brown Christmas stamps.
Thanks CK!!!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:06 am

Woohoo! I just remembered how to post an image from photobucket :lol:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:26 am

Ksjreed,

If you want a Christmas card from Sweden, send me your address to jwlundgren@gmail.com.

I don't want anyone to feel obligated to send a card overseas, it used to cost 2 first class stamps for a normal sized card. So I will post the address here:
Anders/Jennifer Lundgren
Ribbingsväg 9C
19252 Sollentuna
Sweden

Cards and stamps not out yet, but should be soon!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:33 pm

CandyKane wrote:Image

Woohoo! I just remembered how to post an image from photobucket :lol:

Kudos CK! Just think your graphic is too Christmas cute. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:02 pm

Noel+ wrote:Mistletoe Misfit hope all is well with you & family.My kiddos giggled at the picture of your pretty cat sleeping in the nativity set.

Hi Noel
All is well with here. Thank You. I am glad your kiddies enjoyed Simbas picture.
Sitting here enjoying some relaxing Christmas music. The weather certainly doesn't feel like November weather. Most of this week it has been warm enough to wear just a tshirt during the day and a hoody in the evening. Insects flying around outside. Very strange! But I will take it while it lasts.
Have a great Friday Christmas friends.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:10 pm

Finally the post office had Christmas Peanuts stamps. I got the last book til their next shipment. Made my day. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:40 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Mistletoe Misfit hope all is well with you & family.My kiddos giggled at the picture of your pretty cat sleeping in the nativity set.

Hi Noel
All is well with here. Thank You. I am glad your kiddies enjoyed Simbas picture.
Sitting here enjoying some relaxing Christmas music. The weather certainly doesn't feel like November weather. Most of this week it has been warm enough to wear just a tshirt during the day and a hoody in the evening. Insects flying around outside. Very strange! But I will take it while it lasts.
Have a great Friday Christmas [/color][/b]

Happy to know all is well MM. CHRISTMAS music is so uplifting. Enjoy your evening. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:59 am

Happy Saturday Christmas friends! Almost 7 am here. I am enjoying a coffee while listening to Christmas music. Another Saturday brings us a busy day with basketball for our youngest and hockey for our middle. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. :holly1:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter