CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:59 am

My dd walked outside this morning and screamed 'snow'. The frost was so thick it had turned our entire yard white. :snowwow: I'm thankful that we harvested our sage and other herbs and put them in the drying rack this weekend. There's nothing better for Thanksgiving and Christmas cooking. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:10 pm

CandyKane wrote:My dd walked outside this morning and screamed 'snow'. The frost was so thick it had turned our entire yard white. :snowwow: I'm thankful that we harvested our sage and other herbs and put them in the drying rack this weekend. There's nothing better for Thanksgiving and Christmas cooking. :scene:

It must have felt like Christmas was coming soon. :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:58 pm

Did anyone get a check from the Walmart/Netflix class action settlement? I did. Found money goes straight to the Christmas fund. :shop: :shop: :shop:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:55 pm

CandyKane wrote:Did anyone get a check from the Walmart/Netflix class action settlement? I did. Found money goes straight to the Christmas fund. :shop: :shop: :shop:

No, but it makes me want to look into it. I agree, found money goes straight to the Christmas fund.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:09 am

Noel+ wrote:Happy Birthday ksrjreed!!

Wishing you a day filled with love, joy, wonderful surprises and great new memories with friends & family!

ksrjreed wanted to make sure you San w our birthday wish to you posted your birthday. Hope it was a great day....almost as much fun as Christmas. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:51 am

It is so hard to believe that in only 2 weeks it will be Thabksgiving! I love this time of year. It is an extension of why I love Christmas so much!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:27 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:It is so hard to believe that in only 2 weeks it will be Thabksgiving! I love this time of year. It is an extension of why I love Christmas so much!

Agreed kiwidogy. Christmas is close now. In a couple of weeks the autumn & Thanksgiving decorations are packed away! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:01 am

Noel+ wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:It is so hard to believe that in only 2 weeks it will be Thabksgiving! I love this time of year. It is an extension of why I love Christmas so much!

Agreed kiwidogy. Christmas is close now. In a couple of weeks the autumn & Thanksgiving decorations are packed away! :smilecc:

Welcome back Kiwidogy! Since you have been away you might have missed the Christmas card offer. Some of us have decided to exchange cards this year. If you would like a card from Sweden, send your address to jwlundgren@gmail.com. Reciprocation is absolutely not required. :pole: :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:29 am

Woohoo! My parents sent me a website for Texas Unclaimed Property, I actually have $54 from a bank account I had forgotten. Woohoo! It goes to my US address, but extra money is always good for Christmas or anytime!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:08 am

Noel+ wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Happy Birthday ksrjreed!!

Wishing you a day filled with love, joy, wonderful surprises and great new memories with friends & family!

ksrjreed wanted to make sure you San w our birthday wish to you posted your birthday. Hope it was a great day....almost as much fun as Christmas. :D

I hadn't seen it. Thank you, it was a good day of family, and Christmas movies.

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:11 am

Finished up the youngest daughters Christmas list yesterday. Still have three more kids to go. Doing most of my shopping online this year, just don't have it in me to go to the stores and hear how stressful Christmas is, to me if it is stressful then you are doing it wrong. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:28 am

ksrjreed wrote:Finished up the youngest daughters Christmas list yesterday. Still have three more kids to go. Doing most of my shopping online this year, just don't have it in me to go to the stores and hear how stressful Christmas is, to me if it is stressful then you are doing it wrong. :smilecc:

Great Christmas shopping strategy my friend! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:30 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS Tuesday!! :snowhouse: :treewiggle: :merrytree: :peek: :blinky1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:51 am

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm longing for some Christmas cookies and milk.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:54 am

Yesterday I broke a tooth. Today I got a temporary crown.
No Christmas fun.

But, I am very thankful that I'm able to receive such great dental care. Many go without.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Puternut » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:05 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Puternut wrote:We got a good start on outside Xmas decorating this weekend despite the heat, but still a long way to go. Thank goodness all I've got to worry about for T-day is what I will wear to the dinner theater that evening where we will have our feast and see a good show, the morning is reserved for watching the Macy's parade with a cup of tea and a piece of fruitcake in hand. :lol:

Wow, a Thanksgiving dinner theatre sounds like loads of Christmas fun! :smilecc: :scene: :elfgrin:

We go on Christmas evening here as well and we will see " A Wonderful Life"
on T-day we see ' Plaid Tidings" :smilecc:
Puternut
Bulb Tester

Postby CandyKane » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:23 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Yesterday I broke a tooth. Today I got a temporary crown.
No Christmas fun.

But, I am very thankful that I'm able to receive such great dental care. Many go without.

That is no Christmas fun. Sorry it happened. :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:25 pm

I'm watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas on the dvr. I remember when you used to have to wait all year to watch it. I was glued to the tv when it came on. :grinch:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:45 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Woohoo! My parents sent me a website for Texas Unclaimed Property, I actually have $54 from a bank account I had forgotten. Woohoo! It goes to my US address, but extra money is always good for Christmas or anytime!

What a nice early Christmas present Jolly! :treegifts:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:46 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Yesterday I broke a tooth. Today I got a temporary crown.
No Christmas fun.

That is no Christmas fun. Sorry it happened. :holly1:

So glad your feeling better Christmas Crazy!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter