CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpyQu7DRfYM

Another Star Wars Christmas favorite!

I am evil, I just ordered it for Perky's Christmas. Then I get to enjoy it too. :D :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:53 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:56 am

Just checked the calendar and to my greatest fear Stockholm Pride is the same week as Christmas in July next year. No disrespect to our rainbow friends, but it virtually shuts down the city except for PRide events and makes taking public transportation to and from the cruise lines nearly impossible. Have to see what we can do by car going north away from the action.........or not only is it a "stay cation" but "house arrest". Then again, we would get to live in our own little Christmas world.

Just checked the map, might be a nice year to visit Tomteland, Santa's Swedish Christmas home. :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:24 am

http://www.worldsantaclauscongress.com/ ... -at-bakken

Well, this is convenient. Christmas in July Santa World Congress is also a week earlier than usual. That could work out.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:55 am

Noel+ wrote:CK: tht's so loving of you to keep his life as normal as possible to reduce his grief. And I bet you're a great cook -- especially at Christmas! :D

Thank you Noel! I do love my Daddy! And I try to feed him well. I guess it just boils down to no one thinks their cooking will ever be as good as their Mommas. Especially at Christmas. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:56 am

I've been watching 'Twice Upon A Christmas' on Hallmark. I love this silly movie. :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:00 am

The rain this morning has been something else. And the wind has been blowing it like crazy. I really thought about keeping dd home today. But i like to save extra days for December in case a Winter storm will be moving in during the school day, or we wanna take a girls day of Christmas shopping. :shop: :shop: :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:06 am

My dds school offers a Santa store where the kids can purchase gifts for their family and friends. You send them an amount of money they can spend and someone helps them pick out things in their price range for the ones on their list. They even have gifts for pets. And they put the stuff in sealed gift bags for them. It's almost time for this years Santa Store. I think the sweetest thing I have ever seen was last year when I pulled through the pick up line and there was my dd standing there holding all her Christmas gifts. :scene: :angelmerry:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:37 am

CandyKane wrote:My dds school offers a Santa store where the kids can purchase gifts for their family and friends. You send them an amount of money they can spend and someone helps them pick out things in their price range for the ones on their list. They even have gifts for pets. And they put the stuff in sealed gift bags for them. It's almost time for this years Santa Store. I think the sweetest thing I have ever seen was last year when I pulled through the pick up line and there was my dd standing there holding all her Christmas gifts. :scene: :angelmerry:

My kids had something like this in elementary school. We would send with them and they could pick out presents for each member of the family, pets included. Thanks, to having four kids going through Santa store at school I will never run out of screwdrivers. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:56 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpyQu7DRfYM

Another Star Wars Christmas favorite!

I am evil, I just ordered it for Perky's Christmas. Then I get to enjoy it too. :D :shop:

Both Star Wars Christmas clips are too cute!! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:57 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.worldsantaclauscongress.com/en/practical-information/fun-at-bakken

Well, this is convenient. Christmas in July Santa World Congress is also a week earlier than usual. That could work out.

A perfect solution to your Christmas dilemma! :think:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:59 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:CK: tht's so loving of you to keep his life as normal as possible to reduce his grief. And I bet you're a great cook -- especially at Christmas! :D

Thank you Noel! I do love my Daddy! And I try to feed him well. I guess it just boils down to no one thinks their cooking will ever be as good as their Mommas. Especially at Christmas. :smilecc:

Oh, I absolutely relate to that statement CK. Both my sister and I tried to make my Mom's Pumpkin Pie the Christmas season after her death. I used the same exact bowl & measuring cup...........BUT it just doesn't taste the same. I say its because it isn't made with my Mother's love.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:00 pm

CandyKane wrote:I've been watching 'Twice Upon A Christmas' on Hallmark. I love this silly movie. :elfgrin:

And "Once Upon A Christmas" too. Silly but cute! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:01 pm

ksrjreed wrote:
CandyKane wrote:My dds school offers a Santa store where the kids can purchase gifts for their family and friends. You send them an amount of money they can spend and someone helps them pick out things in their price range for the ones on their list. They even have gifts for pets. And they put the stuff in sealed gift bags for them. It's almost time for this years Santa Store. I think the sweetest thing I have ever seen was last year when I pulled through the pick up line and there was my dd standing there holding all her Christmas gifts. :scene: :angelmerry:

My kids had something like this in elementary school. We would send with them and they could pick out presents for each member of the family, pets included. Thanks, to having four kids going through Santa store at school I will never run out of screwdrivers. :smilecc:

When I gre up in Indiana our schools had holiday stores too. It made selecting Christmas gifts more private for children and I enjoyed saving my babysitting/chore money to do just that. Sadly they don't allow any "Christmas" shopping in schools in Arizona. To Christmas sad. 8-)

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:02 pm

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:56 pm

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm longing for some Christmas cookies and milk.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:08 pm

ksrjreed wrote:

That's too Christmas funny ksrjreed!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:11 pm

CandyKane wrote:The rain this morning has been something else. And the wind has been blowing it like crazy. I really thought about keeping dd home today. But i like to save extra days for December in case a Winter storm will be moving in during the school day, or we wanna take a girls day of Christmas shopping. :shop: :shop: :shop:

I saw on the Weather Channel where they are warning Indiana to prepare for the possibility of some accumulating snow this week. I sure hope they have snow for Christmas this year.
:snowwow:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:13 pm

I watched "Let It Snow" tonight on the Hallmark Channel. That movie is quickly becoming one of my Christmas favorites.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:30 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm longing for some Christmas cookies and milk.

make it Wookie Cookies and blue milk and you have a Star Wars Christmas! :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter