CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:46 am

Back from dr with Perky. He has laryngitis (sp). Which is odd since he has not lost his voice. Either way he is not a happy Christmas elf. They told him it can last up to 4 weeks which is almost time for Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:09 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Back from dr with Perky. He has laryngitis (sp). Which is odd since he has not lost his voice. Either way he is not a happy Christmas elf. They told him it can last up to 4 weeks which is almost time for Christmas.

I hope the Christmas elves bring him an early present in the form of good health very soon. Tell him to get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids. Fluids with lots of vitamin C would be good.
:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:09 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 35 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:11 am

Christmas size prayers going out to the hostages in Mali. Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:27 am

In less than a week the parade will be on TV to kick off the 2015 Christmas season across the USA.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:53 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:In less than a week the parade will be on TV to kick off the 2015 Christmas season across the USA.

Highlight of my Thanksgiving morning (just one question, when did angry birds get feet?). Is it sad that I am the only one sitting in the living room awaiting for the arrival of Santa during the parade. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:56 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Back from dr with Perky. He has laryngitis (sp). Which is odd since he has not lost his voice. Either way he is not a happy Christmas elf. They told him it can last up to 4 weeks which is almost time for Christmas.

That us definitely no Christmas fun for either Perky......or you. Hopefully Santa will send a kind elf with some comforting wassail! Prayers. :holly1:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:58 am

ksrjreed wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:In less than a week the parade will be on TV to kick off the 2015 Christmas season across the USA.

Highlight of my Thanksgiving morning (just one question, when did angry birds get feet?). Is it sad that I am the only one sitting in the living room awaiting for the arrival of Santa during the parade. :smilecc:

No! My DH & I always wait for Santa! Hey who says being a child at Christmas isn't a good thing?!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:05 pm

Merry Christmas Friday all my special friends!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:09 pm

My heart and prayers go out to the hostages and their anxious families in Mali.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:26 pm

Does anyone watch a different parade other than the Macy's parade on TV?

McDonald's Thanksgiving Parade in Chicago?

America's Thanksgiving Parade in Detroit?
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:41 pm

We flip around commercials to other parades & watch them later. Later as in IF football games are not airing. The men control the remote on Thanksgiving Day. :lol: Afterwards the women control the remote through Christmas Day. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:47 am

I made it through the work week and now I am kicking off my Thanksgiving break from school!!! It started off with a great kickboxing class this evening (have to make room for all of the yummy food coming up). The local radio stations have started playing Christmas music!!! I can relax a bit now!! So good to see all of my Christmas friends again!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:15 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I made it through the work week and now I am kicking off my Thanksgiving break from school!!! It started off with a great kickboxing class this evening (have to make room for all of the yummy food coming up). The local radio stations have started playing Christmas music!!! I can relax a bit now!! So good to see all of my Christmas friends again!

Kiwidogy It's great to see you again at Christmas All Year too. You sound very busy. Hopefully on break you'll have more time to stop by for a visit. This week after we're stuffed with Turkey we begin to decorate for Christmas! :merrytree: :rabstar:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:30 pm

:flake: We've had snow flurries today. Snow is always exciting to me right up until Christmas. Then it can be Spring. :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:33 pm

I took dd shopping for new boots and she picked out a new toy too. It's funny how everything you buy your kids from November 1st til December 24th becomes an automatic early Christmas present. :shop: :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:39 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Does anyone watch a different parade other than the Macy's parade on TV?

Like Noel, I sometimes flip through the channels, but the main focus is the Macy's parade. I'm always afraid I'll miss Santa then I won't know Christmas has started. :laugh: And also like Noel, I then lose the remote because the games are on. But on a good note, theyll be nothing but Christmas movies for me from now til the end of the year. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:38 pm

Merry Christmas Saturday my friends!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:29 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Does anyone watch a different parade other than the Macy's parade on TV?

Some years we have been able to find the Macy's Parade on download, but not all. Hoping this is one of those year's. It's just not Christmas until we have seen the parade, even if we Watch it on the weekend afterward. Regardless, the first Christmas Movie of the season must be Miracle on 34th Street (black and White version).

Been under the weather again this weekend, Perky is recovering and now I am sick. So glad we had "thanksgiving" at the beginning of the month as we have lost two weekends prep work. OH well, next weekend is Swedish First Advent and we will hopefully be well and able to decorate for the first celebration of the Christmas season! :gbhouse: :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:09 am

Joly sending get well wishes to you too now. This is not the kind of sharing we enjoy at Christmastime. DH shared his cold me with me too but otherwise I am fine. Your virus sounds like a humdinger.

Since childhood (before Hallmark) our first traditional movie is Miracle on 34th Street ...1947...Edmund Twinned & Maureen O'Hara too! It's not listed on Hallmark's schedule so we need the Dvd.
:wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter