CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:28 pm

http://www.thelocal.se/20151122/hong-ko ... er-winning

Some cute Christmas Reading among all the bad news of the World.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:29 pm

Pray for my cousin and her husband, Melody and Sven, in Belgium. They are in lockdown living in a suburb between Antwerp and Brussels. Fortunately, Sven can walk to work and my cousin does not work outside the home. She says Christmas in Belgiuam is really no fun at all.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:32 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.thelocal.se/20151122/hong-kong-santa-proposes-after-winning

Some cute Christmas Reading among all the bad news of the World.

Santa Apple ... how Christmas perfect.

:D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:35 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Pray for my cousin and her husband, Melody and Sven, in Belgium. They are in lockdown living in a suburb between Antwerp and Brussels. Fortunately, Sven can walk to work and my cousin does not work outside the home. She says Christmas in Belgiuam is really no fun at all.

Christmas prayers for Even & Melody.

:rabstar: :angelsnow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:39 pm

Just home from a beautiful church service. Then we went shopping for our Manna Fund to give Thanksgiving Dinner to members in nerd. The thought of someone without a special meal at Thanksgiving & Christmas ins heartbreaking. Americans are so generous & grateful to share our blessings.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:49 pm

Since it was 45 degrees today, I put up 99% of the outside Christmas decorations this afternoon. I only have a few extension cords to run and I will be all done. I hope all of us enjoy Thanksgiving as well. It is such a wonderful holiday!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:35 am

Noel+ wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I made it through the work week and now I am kicking off my Thanksgiving break from school!!! It started off with a great kickboxing class this evening (have to make room for all of the yummy food coming up). The local radio stations have started playing Christmas music!!! I can relax a bit now!! So good to see all of my Christmas friends again!

Kiwidogy It's great to see you again at Christmas All Year too. You sound very busy. Hopefully on break you'll have more time to stop by for a visit. This week after we're stuffed with Turkey we begin to decorate for Christmas! :merrytree: :rabstar:

Welcome back Kiwidogy! If you have not caught up on old posts yet, some of us are exchanging Christmas cards this year. If you would like to receive a card from Sweden, please send me your name and address to jwlundgren@gmail.com. No reciprocation necessary. I saw post cards out, but they do not look very "Swedish". With international mail this time of year, those receiving cards may not actually get them until after Christmas, but I will do my best. Christmas in Sweden lasts until 13 January!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:08 am

Happy Monday! Got a busy week ahead getting ready for Thanksgiving. For the last few years I've done all my Black Friday shopping online. And this year most online retailers are running early specials and offering all their Black Friday deals all day online. Woohoo! Combine that with free shipping and ebates, and it's the best way to Christmas shop. :shop: :santa: :elf:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:18 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Since it was 45 degrees today, I put up 99% of the outside Christmas decorations this afternoon. I only have a few extension cords to run and I will be all done. I hope all of us enjoy Thanksgiving as well. It is such a wonderful holiday!

Kudos! Kiwi. I can only dream about starting my Christmas decorating until next Monday. By then you, and ksrjreed will be enjoying beautiful lights inside & outside! :blinky1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:21 pm

CandyKane wrote:Happy Monday! Got a busy week ahead getting ready for Thanksgiving. For the last few years I've done all my Black Friday shopping online. And this year most online retailers are running early specials and offering all their Black Friday deals all day online. Woohoo! Combine that with free shipping and ebates, and it's the best way to Christmas shop. :shop: :santa: :elf:

Good Morning Monday CandyKane. :scene: Yes, many stores will not open Thanksgiving this year but are running their Black Friday sales now. I am glad to know their employees have more time off. When I worked at Walmart that was aluxury you couldn't even dream about. Other than shopping for Christmas decorations I do a majority of my shopping online that past few years. I never liked Black Friday: crowds; no parking spaces & grumpy people fights. This way the packages show up at my door! :snowhouse:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:22 pm

Jolly hope you & Perky are both feeling better this morning and beating that virus. Are you working today? Either way its no Christmas fun, :x

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Wishing each of my Merry Monday Christmas friends a bright day!

Mistletoe Misfit - we miss you!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:24 pm

Had a great Youth Service last night for the church. I was finally able to get the entire youth group to stand in front of the church and sing (youth leader victory dance). Have been getting the house ready for Thanksgiving feast (what my youngest calls it). I have had some Christmas items to take care of as well, I love this time of the year, yes it is busy, and yes I have to leave the house (which is hard for a partial introvert) but I don't complain at all, I just go on thinking of all the fun things that take place this time of year. Hope everyone is having a great day and keep the world in your prayers, I will not let terrorism destroy the spirit of Christmas this year. :holly1:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:16 pm

That is a beautiful sentiment about Christmas ksrjreed. Yes I love this time of year even though it can be hectic. Christmas joy is stronger than fatigue! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Christmas Crazy are you under the weather? It's not like you to miss posting at CAY foe 3 days. Take care friend. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:38 am

Good Morning Christmas friends! I hope everyone is well. Woke up to a winter wonderland this morning. First snowfall of the year. It's put me in an extra Christmassy mood. Have a wonderful day! :flake:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:22 am

Mistletoe Misfit reading your post put me in an extra-Cristmasy day too! Enjoiy your winter wonderland! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:24 am

Totally Tinsel Tuesday!

Wishing each of my Christmas friends a bright, merry and totally tinsel day!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:43 am

Bought Christmas cards yesterday and going for stamps tonight! With any luck I might get them addressed this weekend. I have to double check my email, but so far I have Noel, Christmas Crazy, and CandyCane as takers for Swedish Christmas cards. 7 more available, just send your address to jwlundgren@gmail.com.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:59 am

All 4 of my outside entry doors are now adorned with beautiful Christmas wreaths. Tis the season :wreath: :wreath: :wreath: :wreath:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter