CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:02 pm

Jolly hope you are feeling better and Perky is completely healed from that virus.

Your Christmas card was in the mail last week. THe USPS swears it is Sweden that is slow in distributing the mail. I had asked why it takes 6 weeks? Do you know 6 day delivery is $42! :lol: I told them 'no thanjks' and 'Santa's elves can slowly slosh their way to my friends door' at that rate.

Like you I am trying to get chores done this week so I can start my other cards!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:03 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:Good Morning Christmas friends! I hope everyone is well. Woke up to a winter wonderland this morning. First snowfall of the year. It's put me in an extra Christmassy mood. Have a wonderful day! :flake:

Enjoy your snow Christmas friend! :snowjump: We were watching a movie the other day where they had built a small snow 'roller coaster' by building one side really high and giving it a big turn before the bottom. Hope we have enough snow to try to build one this winter. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:05 pm

A Dog Named Christmas is On Hallmark Movies and Mysteries right now. Might just be my favorite movie. :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:01 pm

CandyKane wrote:A Dog Named Christmas is On Hallmark Movies and Mysteries right now. Might just be my favorite movie. :elfgrin:

That is a great Christmas movie. I hope you enjoyed it! :santa:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Hello Christmas friends. Michelle and I got back from a mini vacation to Charleston, SC. Beautiful place to visit and lots to see. I hope everyone is doing well.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:11 pm

CandyKane wrote:A Dog Named Christmas is On Hallmark Movies and Mysteries right now. Might just be my favorite movie. :elfgrin:

That is my favorite Hallmark movie followed by Christmas with Tucker! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:13 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hello Christmas friends. Michelle and I got back from a mini vacation to Charleston, SC. Beautiful place to visit and lots to see. I hope everyone is doing well.

Good to know Michelle's cold has healed & you shared a mini-holiday trip together. You were missed Christmas Crazy. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:17 am

Noel+ wrote:Jolly hope you are feeling better and Perky is completely healed from that virus.

Your Christmas card was in the mail last week. THe USPS swears it is Sweden that is slow in distributing the mail. I had asked why it takes 6 weeks? Do you know 6 day delivery is $42! :lol: I told them 'no thanjks' and 'Santa's elves can slowly slosh their way to my friends door' at that rate.

Like you I am trying to get chores done this week so I can start my other cards!

That is why no reciprocation is necessary. However, Christmas cards received any time of year are still fun. One year, we got a card for in July from my cousin in Belgium that had been mailed in December. It was a nice Christmas in July surprise!

I tried to buy Christmas stamps yesterday but was told they are only good on internal mail. Have to count up how many international stamps I need. Hubby said to use the Christmas stamps anyway as "extra". I might put them inside unused for collectors. We shall see. I also made a donation to the Heart Lung society (Christmas seals) so hopefully we will get those in time as well.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:10 am

I am reminded why we decided to make November Pre-Advent in the Lundgren household. I am glad we had thanksgiving the first weekend, because now First Advent is upon us and we are not ready. We lost two weekends to illness, one coming on, the other recovering, so here we are. I look at all the Christmas markets opening up and think "nope, we have 2 weekends worth of chores and errands to catch up on". I look forward to getting out the "emergency" Christams bag and putting up a few things. Hopefully Perky will feel up to changing the curtains. I am tired of brown leaves and ready for some red Christmas cheer!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Puternut » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:09 pm

One and all!
Puternut
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:59 pm

Puternut wrote:Image
One and all!

Thanks Puternut for the beautiful Thanksgiving wishes! Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving too.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Thinking oyou Puternut my Christmas friend at a super-busy work day. Stay safe if traveling & be blessed.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:12 pm

Good day everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!

Everything is going great in the ksrjreed household today, my oldest will be home from Ohio State tonight which means everyone will be under the same roof for a couple of days and with the way things are in this world right now that there is enough reason to have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Yesterday I received another Christmas gift that I ordered for the youngest, I think he will like it. Have had Christmas music playing and enjoying life. Speaking of the youngest he has finally done it to me, I am completely Home Alone done! He has been watching that movie on a loop for the past 2 weeks, I love Christmas but I have finally found my limit with one Christmas movie that's for sure. Anyway, have a great Wednesday and an even better Thanksgiving tomorrow, for those on here not from the U.S. go ahead and celebrate tomorrow as well, there is never a bad reason to have a celebration! :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:54 pm

ksrjreed: Happy Thanksgiving!

It's great to know your eldest son has made it safely home for the Turkey Day and Thanksgiving celebrations! Family is the core of the American soul!

:lol: I remember reaching my Christmas crescendo when one particular episode of Sesame Street played morning/afternoons/evenings and the children were glued to the tv set. Grover's song nearly drove me to drink...............more eggnog! :think:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:55 pm

Thinking of you Christmas friends...Jolly; Chhristmas Crazy; CandyKane; kiwidogy & Mistletoe Musfit. I am so grateful for each of you! Hope this brightens your busy-before-Thanksgiving Day!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:56 pm

A very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow to all my wonderful American Christmas friends here at CAY. I hope each and everyone has a day full of family,love and much happiness.
:thanks:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:22 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:26 pm

ImageImage
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:36 pm

I am overjoyed with the Christmas spirit today. Yesterday, Michelle broke down and said we could decorate for Christmas. WOO HOO!!!

We just put the last ornament on the tree. The whole house looks glorious.
I absolutely love Christmas time.

ImageImage
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:50 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:A very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow to all my wonderful American Christmas friends here at CAY. I hope each and everyone has a day full of family,love and much happiness.
:thanks:

THANK you sweet Christmas friend! Bless to you too. :snowhouse:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter