CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:52 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:I am overjoyed with the Christmas spirit today. Yesterday, Michelle broke down and said we could decorate for Christmas. WOO HOO!!!

We just put the last ornament on the tree. The whole house looks glorious.
I absolutely love Christmas time.

ImageImage

Wow I am so Christmas jealous. :wink: Enjoy!! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:30 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Christmas friends!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:44 am

Got the news today that the Director of Studies for the Master's Program, with whom I work most closely is leaving in the Spring for a new job. I had not told her that I dreamed she was leaving in March 2016 as I feared it was in the layoffs. It never occurred to me that she would leave of her own volition. This makes me as sad a kid who got coal in his Christmas stocking. She will be missed.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:13 am

Happy Thanksgiving Christmas friends! :thanks:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:48 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Got the news today that the Director of Studies for the Master's Program, with whom I work most closely is leaving in the Spring for a new job. I had not told her that I dreamed she was leaving in March 2016 as I feared it was in the layoffs. It never occurred to me that she would leave of her own volition. This makes me as sad a kid who got coal in his Christmas stocking. She will be missed.

It is sad to have the ones that you love to work with leave. A friend of mine retired this past September and another one will be retiring this summer. Maybe your Christmas present will be a new friend and a new relationship this year.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:50 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:50 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:51 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:54 am

Watching the parade. I love this time of year. The Rockett's are on right now.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:09 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Watching the parade. I love this time of year. The Rockett's are on right now.

Sounds too Christmas fun! I hope somebody puts it online so I can watch it this weekend! :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:27 am

Wishing all my Christmas friends a safe, blessed and prosperous Thanksgiving Day!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:30 am

Noel+ wrote:Wishing all my Christmas friends a safe, blessed and prosperous Thanksgiving Day!

Same to you Christmas friend. I hope you have a day off from work. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:31 am

Merry Friday Christmas and the First Friday of the Official Christmas Season! Yesterday was one of those days you go to work and by the end of the day the world has changed. Both Perky and I were informed of upheavals at work. For me, it is way too soon to see the exact affects yet. For Perky: he will be dividing his time between his current school and another school in Stockholm managed by the same company. While this might cause a bit of stress we are excited because 1) if means he does not actually have to teach, something he likes but is not qualified or comfortable doing, 2) it is an English/Swedish school, 3) in a much better area of Stockholm. We are hoping that in the long run it might workout that he can transfer to the new school permanently, but too soon to tell. Keep those Christmas prayers coming.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:26 am

Hope all my Christmas friends had a great Thanksgiving. Hej Noel, how was the Mexican food? :dinner:

Perky and I decided that while we will go to Texas for three weeks next fall/winter. Being their actually ON Thanskgiving or Christmas is not a high priority and make airfare a bit cheaper. We can skip the Thanksgiving lasagna and Christmas tamales. Though tamales is sounding actually quite good right now...............darn. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:29 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Friday Christmas and the First Friday of the Official Christmas Season! Yesterday was one of those days you go to work and by the end of the day the world has changed. Both Perky and I were informed of upheavals at work. For me, it is way too soon to see the exact affects yet. For Perky: he will be dividing his time between his current school and another school in Stockholm managed by the same company. While this might cause a bit of stress we are excited because 1) if means he does not actually have to teach, something he likes but is not qualified or comfortable doing, 2) it is an English/Swedish school, 3) in a much better area of Stockholm. We are hoping that in the long run it might workout that he can transfer to the new school permanently, but too soon to tell. Keep those Christmas prayers coming.

Hi Jolly. You both had work changes - wow. Well, Perky's possibilities definitely sound better. I am not certain what changes might be in store for you. The elves are playing games as we gear up for Christmas. Plenty of prayers coming your way friend. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:32 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Hope all my Christmas friends had a great Thanksgiving. Hej Noel, how was the Mexican food? :dinner:

Perky and I decided that while we will go to Texas for three weeks next fall/winter. Being their actually ON Thanskgiving or Christmas is not a high priority and make airfare a bit cheaper. We can skip the Thanksgiving lasagna and Christmas tamales. Though tamales is sounding actually quite good right now...............darn. :dinner:

Hej Jolly. :smilecc: Our Mexican feast was a more traditional fare than we expected. Evidently my BIL complained so much about there not being a turkey that my nephew did a Mexican-roasted turkey! It was moist, flavored with chilis, and quite delicious. He filled hoblano peppers with sweet potatoes and roasted them too. I was very proud of him! :dinner:

I had to laugh inside though because he kept complaining about how it took him all day Tuesday to pre, and all day Wednesday to decorate and then from the crack of dawn Thanksgiving cooking the meal. Like we women know nothing about that annual ritual, He said he won't volunteer again for 5 years. :lol:

Hope your day was wonderful Jolly. right?

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:33 am

Merry Christmas Friday my friends.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:02 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Hope all my Christmas friends had a great Thanksgiving. Hej Noel, how was the Mexican food? :dinner:

Hef Jolly. :smilecc: Our Mexican feast was a more traditional fare than we expected. Evidently my BIL complained so much about there not being a turkey that my nephew did a Mexican-roasted turkey! It was moist, flavored with chilis, and quite delicious. He filled hoblano peppers with sweet potatoes and roasted them too. I was very proud of him! :dinner:

I had to laugh inside though because he kept complaining about how it took him all day Tuesday to pre, and all day Wednesday to decorate and then from the crack of dawn Thanksgiving cooking the meal. Like we women know nothing about that annual ritual, He said he won't volunteer again for 5 years. :lol:

Hope your day was wonderful Jolly. right?

Noel the Mexican roasted turkey sounds delicious. :dinner: I always opt for our traditional roasted turkey but one day I will work up the nerve to deep fry one. But I can say I've had my fill of turkey for the year. Now I'm looking forward to some Christmas ham. :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:09 pm

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We had a great day filled with good food and family. I did see a great idea for a Thanksgiving table runner next year. Brown Kraft paper for the runner and you can write each persons name at their spot for a place setting. We aren't quite that formal but I think it would be neat. You can find a Pinterest pin for it. It's much more beautiful than I make it sound. Now I just need to come up with a special idea for a Christmas table. :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:12 pm

We were way too tired to put up our Christmas tree last night so we're doing it today. I've found a few good Black Friday online deals that I've bought. Otherwise it's a rainy, dreary day here. Rain, rain, rain but it could be snow, snow, snow or ice, ice, ice so I'm just gonna be happy with what we've got. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter