CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:56 pm

CandyKane wrote:Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We had a great day filled with good food and family. I did see a great idea for a Thanksgiving table runner next year. Brown Kraft paper for the runner and you can write each persons name at their spot for a place setting. We aren't quite that formal but I think it would be neat. You can find a Pinterest pin for it. It's much more beautiful than I make it sound. Now I just need to come up with a special idea for a Christmas table. :holly1:

CandyKane We are having our leftovers today. I love turkey sandwiches but look forward to a glazed Christmas ham too! :dinner:

A Christmas table offers so many possibilities. I have used small gifts; mugs with candy;bells;ornaments; and candy canes as place markers. The funny thing is the older & younger people sit where they want. :lol: Then the markers have to be switched. A little Ho-Ho-hoing before the meal. When you decide on your plan please share it with us.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:36 pm

Hello Christmas friends. It sounds like everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Jolly, I hope everything goes well with your job too. I am so stuffed with lots of left-over turkey, potatoes, yams, stuffing, and pie.
I am afraid to step onto the scales. They may groan.
:lol:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:38 pm

We now have the whole house decorated inside and out for Christmas.
I can't wait to drive around and see how many other houses are ready to go.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:39 pm

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 28 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:19 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:We now have the whole house decorated inside and out for Christmas.
I can't wait to drive around and see how many other houses are ready to go.

It takes me a week for the tree & household. Sometimes longer. Enjoy your Christmasy house. :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:13 am

Good morning Christmas friends. I'm up way too early for a rainy Saturday but I woke up and could not fall back asleep. The Christmas decorating is well underway. Think I might work on my cards today. Hubby enjoyed leftover turkey and dressing last night but dd and I couldn't do it. We opted for pizza instead. We did manage to bake a homemade apple pie last night. Pie for breakfast! Woohoo! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:57 am

Merry Christmas my friends. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Michelle and I are going Christmas shopping today!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:24 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Christmas my friends. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Michelle and I are going Christmas shopping today!

We did our one and only Christmas shopping run. Now about to settle in and watch Turkey Hollow with Perky. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:08 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Hope all my Christmas friends had a great Thanksgiving. Hej Noel, how was the Mexican food? :dinner:

Perky and I decided that while we will go to Texas for three weeks next fall/winter. Being their actually ON Thanskgiving or Christmas is not a high priority and make airfare a bit cheaper. We can skip the Thanksgiving lasagna and Christmas tamales. Though tamales is sounding actually quite good right now...............darn. :dinner:

Hej Jolly. :smilecc: Our Mexican feast was a more traditional fare than we expected. Evidently my BIL complained so much about there not being a turkey that my nephew did a Mexican-roasted turkey! It was moist, flavored with chilis, and quite delicious. He filled hoblano peppers with sweet potatoes and roasted them too. I was very proud of him! :dinner:

I had to laugh inside though because he kept complaining about how it took him all day Tuesday to pre, and all day Wednesday to decorate and then from the crack of dawn Thanksgiving cooking the meal. Like we women know nothing about that annual ritual, He said he won't volunteer again for 5 years. :lol:

Hope your day was wonderful Jolly. right?

Wow, sounds nice! Did you still have to Cook again the next day or was hubby satisfied? I agree I prefer a traditional roast turkey at Thanksgiving but could be a bit more adventurous at Christmas. I used to have clippings from a Dallas paper with a Tex Mext inspired menu, I vaguely remember the chili pepper turkey and sweet potatoe stuffed peppers. Have to look a recipe for those. I Always wanted to try the menu in that article for Christmas but never did. :dinner: :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:06 pm

Good morning Christmas friends. Wishing each of you much joy and fun as we all prep to decorate for Christmas! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:07 pm

Yes, Jolly, a complete traditional meal was prepared yesterday by me for the family. Sometimes it's hard for people to give up traditions. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:07 pm

Well it has been a great weekend, hate to see it end. The oldest daughter heads back to Ohio State tomorrow and it will be back to the grindstone on Monday. The only highlight is knowing that in about four weeks it will be Christmas :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:27 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Well it has been a great weekend, hate to see it end. The oldest daughter heads back to Ohio State tomorrow and it will be back to the grindstone on Monday. The only highlight is knowing that in about four weeks it will be Christmas :smilecc:

And ksrjreed all the Christmas celebrations leading up to the big day. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:15 am

Decorating day here at the North POle. Perky has already put the Christmas lights on th balcony, the saffron cake is in the oven, glögg is ready to go and listening to some Christmas tunes on YouTube. Woohoo! Let the season begin!

Glad Första Advent till alla mina jul vänner!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:44 am

Glad Första Advent till alla mina jul vänner! Jolly

Someone - only the Big Elf knows who - overslept this morning. Rushing off to church. Then brunch then we decorate the inside/outside of the church. It's such fun when the congregation gets together to turn our church into a winter wonderland like Narnia!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:46 am

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:49 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Decorating day here at the North POle. Perky has already put the Christmas lights on th balcony, the saffron cake is in the oven, glögg is ready to go and listening to some Christmas tunes on YouTube. Woohoo! Let the season begin!

Glad Första Advent till alla mina jul vänner!

It's a Christmas celebration!!! :smilecc:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:52 pm

Noel+ wrote:Glad Första Advent till alla mina jul vänner! Jolly

Someone - only the Big Elf knows who - overslept this morning. Rushing off to church. Then brunch then we decorate the inside/outside of the church. It's such fun when the congregation gets together to turn our church into a winter wonderland like Narnia!

Another Christmas celebration!!!
Michelle and the decorating committee will be meeting at the church on Thursday to decorate. It will be glorious!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:40 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Glad Första Advent till alla mina jul vänner! Jolly

Another Christmas celebration!!!
Michelle and the decorating committee will be meeting at the church on Thursday to decorate. It will be glorious!

Good for Michelle! Christmas decorating especially at church fills the heart with JOY! :angelmerry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:29 pm

The end to a beautiful Christmasy Sunday! Our church looks like a wintry wonderland in the spirit of Narnia!!

I finished unpacking the nativity sets and arranged them in my Dad's cabinet as best they would fit. The set I made for Mom when I was a teen had two wisemen missing. My sister sheepily volunteered "oops. When I took the set down last time you were at work and the wisemen broke". Time to search for a shoebox or two with MIA wise men! Here's a picture from my phone to give you an idea of the display.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter