CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby ksrjreed » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:31 pm

Noel+ wrote:The end to a beautiful Christmasy Sunday! Our church looks like a wintry wonderland in the spirit of Narnia!!

I finished unpacking the nativity sets and arranged them in my Dad's cabinet as best they would fit. The set I made for Mom when I was a teen had two wisemen missing. My sister sheepily volunteered "oops. When I took the set down last time you were at work and the wisemen broke". Time to search for a shoebox or two with MIA wise men! Here's a picture from my phone to give you an idea of the display.

That looks beautiful, we will be decorating our church this week. The wife and I will be shadowing our youngest on a field trip this week(shadow mean show up to the field trip but not let him see that we are there) and hope to surprise him during lunch. There are a lot of Christmassy things going on and I can't wait to do them all. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:06 am

ksrjreed "shadowing" is always special fun at Christmas time! Enjoy. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:25 am

It looks like everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving with friends and family. I am extremely thankful for mine. In Saturday we went on our annual pilgrimage to get our Christmas tree. It was such a fun time! The tree is now up and in the house with lights on it. Decorating continues tomorrow. It was lovely to see the lights on the house agai St the dusting of snow we received.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:26 am

I also looking forward to putting up my Christmas village this year. I wasn't able to do it last year. Fun fun! I am even decorating the "man cave!"
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:48 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I also looking forward to putting up my Christmas village this year. I wasn't able to do it last year. Fun fun! I am even decorating the "man cave!"

Kiwi congrats! On finding your perfect living tree & stringing lights. Please share pictures of you tree & village when you have the time. So excited for you to set up your Christmas village this year. :merrytree: :peek:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:15 am

Merry Christmas Monday. We celebrated First Advent yesterday. It was nice to see the red curtains and lights up. Swedes put lights up INSIDE the apartments. I guess since they cannot put them outside. WE even got some up on the balcony this year. Unfortunately, what I did not get to was addressing Christmas cards, so they will definitely be late. Sorry about that, but I have not forgotten. Christmas cards are fun any time of year!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:27 am

Noel+ wrote:The end to a beautiful Christmasy Sunday! Our church looks like a wintry wonderland in the spirit of Narnia!!

I finished unpacking the nativity sets and arranged them in my Dad's cabinet as best they would fit. The set I made for Mom when I was a teen had two wisemen missing. My sister sheepily volunteered "oops. When I took the set down last time you were at work and the wisemen broke". Time to search for a shoebox or two with MIA wise men! Here's a picture from my phone to give you an idea of the display.

That is a beautiful Christmas Nativity Noel.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:34 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Christmas Monday. We celebrated First Advent yesterday. It was nice to see the red curtains and lights up. Swedes put lights up INSIDE the apartments. I guess since they cannot put them outside. WE even got some up on the balcony this year. Unfortunately, what I did not get to was addressing Christmas cards, so they will definitely be late. Sorry about that, but I have not forgotten. Christmas cards are fun any time of year!

My Christmas cards are going out a little late this year also Jolly. Hopefully I will get them out this week. On a positive note, I was able to get 5 books of the Charlie Brown Christmas stamps last week.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:35 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:42 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Christmas Monday. We celebrated First Advent yesterday. It was nice to see the red curtains and lights up. Swedes put lights up INSIDE the apartments. I guess since they cannot put them outside. WE even got some up on the balcony this year. Unfortunately, what I did not get to was addressing Christmas cards, so they will definitely be late. Sorry about that, but I have not forgotten. Christmas cards are fun any time of year!

My Christmas cards are going out a little late this year also Jolly. Hopefully I will get them out this week. On a positive note, I was able to get 5 books of the Charlie Brown Christmas stamps last week.

Nice Christmas stamps! I collected stamps before moving to the North Pole. Just dumped the books before I left. I never dreamed I could keep up the hobby here. Just so much on the mind at a time like that, just like Christmas! :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Puternut » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:45 am

Tomorrow night Dec. 1st. is our lighting and we are ready! :sleephat: last night did a quick check and had neighbors and cars checking on us :santa: My big job begins soon making videos and slideshows editing and posting ho-ho-ho oh boy! :think:
Puternut
Bulb Tester

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:06 pm

Puternut wrote:Tomorrow night Dec. 1st. is our lighting and we are ready! :sleephat: last night did a quick check and had neighbors and cars checking on us :santa: My big job begins soon making videos and slideshows editing and posting ho-ho-ho oh boy! :think:

How fun that the neighbors are already checking for your Christmas lights. Can't wait to see your video this year. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:11 pm

Noel your Nativity display is beautiful. I guess it wouldn't be Christmas decorating if we weren't searching for a broken piece of something somewhere. I'm currently looking for Rudolphs leg :rudolph: . I sure hope my dd is not counting on making a fortune off my 'mint' condition collectibles someday. :laugh:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Puternut wrote:Tomorrow night Dec. 1st. is our lighting and we are ready! :sleephat: last night did a quick check and had neighbors and cars checking on us :santa: My big job begins soon making videos and slideshows editing and posting ho-ho-ho oh boy! :think:

Congratulations Puternut! I will be so excited to see your new videos when posted on Youtube! It really feels like Christmas when you post your new lighting video. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:12 pm

CandyKane wrote:

Noel your Nativity display is beautiful. I guess it wouldn't be Christmas decorating if we weren't searching for a broken piece of something somewhere. I'm currently looking for Rudolphs leg :rudolph: . I sure hope my dd is not counting on making a fortune off my 'mint' condition collectibles someday. :laugh:

Thanks CandyKane! Keep looking for your broken Christmas collectible! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:13 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:

Most people I know who still send out some Christmas cards wait til December 15th tomail them. So neither of you are 'late'. BTW: I haven't had time to address my cards either. Work..........then maybe a few ornies on the Christmas tree is it for me today. Happy Monday ya'll. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:41 pm

For the first time since Thanksgiving we are getting a break from the rain. The weatherman even promised some sunshine but I'll believe it when I see it. We did buy our first quart of eggnog this weekend and it's already gone. Good stuff. Christmas wouldn't be the same without it. :blinky1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:53 pm

CandyKane wrote:For the first time since Thanksgiving we are getting a break from the rain. The weatherman even promised some sunshine but I'll believe it when I see it. We did buy our first quart of eggnog this weekend and it's already gone. Good stuff. Christmas wouldn't be the same without it. :blinky1:

oh Thanks for the eggnog reminder CK. I need to grocery shop later this week & eggnog is on the top of my list. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Awesome!!!!
Christmas is the best time of the year!
:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:44 pm

Tonight ABC is showing a 50th Anniversary tribute to Charlie Brown followed by the annual Charlie Brown Christmas special And on ABC Family The Polar Express is playing tonight too. Just love the Christmas season! :popcorn:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter